Review: Bosch Engine Oil - Premium X7 5W40

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
We don't need Mobil 1. We want Mobil 1. Cause GTR uses Mobil 1 as factory fill. If it's good enough for the Gojira it's good enough for your car. #cheapcarsdeservemobil1too

Bardahl? I won't pour it in my car even if you paid me. Use Pennzoil Platinum before. Great oil, but feeling wise it won't last that long. Great if you do 5k km intervals. I usually do 10k km. Pennzoil by 7k feels rough already.
My mechanic recommends Mobil 1 as one of the best oil out there. Two of his own car uses Mobil 1 too. An old Iswara and another 1988 Saga 1.5 8 valve.

But since that is quite expensive, the told me to use Bardahl first. First I tried Bardahl SS from mineral oil previously. Did felt some improvements. Later on, changed to Bardahl FS also felt improvements but not much. Perhaps I should try getting one at Tesco when they have sales.

Check the Tesco oil sales topic for prices.

Aeon oil not sure from where but have API rating woh!.....:driver:
Been checking that thread 1 or 2 weeks ago. Now forgotten already. Need go back and see the updates. :rofl:

Well but I agree with Izso, sometimes Mobil 1 is overkill la. If I drive a normal car like Wira, I also would never use Mobil 1 unless it's like 40-50% promo or something. :biggrin: My cars also I don't use Mobil 1 anymore, coz cannot get below rm150 anymore.
Btw Mobil 1 0w40 last weekend I saw on promo in Tesco for rm169/4ltr.

Bardhal that bad meh? I was considering to try it since last time the 5w40 FS was cheap below rm100 but did not since got other easier option to get and now price already up over rm120.
Time for me to try another brand next time. But I put on very little mileage. I changed to 5W-40 Bardhal last year during September. Now, I have only made around 2000km mileage.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I remember Tesco got. At first I ask Izso about Mobil1 but he said that I don't really need that. Pennzoil will do. Currently using Bardhal but he said that Bardhal is not good.
Your application you don't really "need" Mobil1 but it's a nice thing to have if you can afford it. My take is save your money and buy a cheaper simple oil and save the cash for a rainy day.

But if you want you can still opt for a RM200+ oil and use it anyway. No harm no foul.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Your application you don't really "need" Mobil1 but it's a nice thing to have if you can afford it. My take is save your money and buy a cheaper simple oil and save the cash for a rainy day.

But if you want you can still opt for a RM200+ oil and use it anyway. No harm no foul.
Yeah, I understand your kindness and concern regarding my situation, Izso. I appreciate the advice given.

Actually I din't plan to get it at RM200+. Eyeing on Tesco sales and get it for around RM160 to try it.

Not cheap, new packing now at RM149.00 for Pennzoil Platinum 5w-40....:banghead:
Because of our exchange rate maybe?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Going to pay with own savings this time. Or money earned during intern.

Financier support going to end soon. :biggrin:
Well, time you start out on your own. But to me, just use cheaper brands loh! Aeon FS is one. Mitsu Oil sold in Aeon is another. That day selling RM99 also for FS 5w-40, if not, use their SS around RM109, sales time RM89 if not mistaken, but their sales promo less in Aeon.
At Tesco, Total Quartz SS 5L 10w-40 around RM89.90 to 109.90. The cheapest I bought some time back was RM79.90 or 69.90 which I bought 6 bottles.....lol
Now my VR running diesel engine oil 15w-40 RM89.00 for 7L.....hhahahhaha :rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Well, time you start out on your own. But to me, just use cheaper brands loh! Aeon FS is one. Mitsu Oil sold in Aeon is another. That day selling RM99 also for FS 5w-40, if not, use their SS around RM109, sales time RM89 if not mistaken, but their sales promo less in Aeon.
At Tesco, Total Quartz SS 5L 10w-40 around RM89.90 to 109.90. The cheapest I bought some time back was RM79.90 or 69.90 which I bought 6 bottles.....lol
Now my VR running diesel engine oil 15w-40 RM89.00 for 7L.....hhahahhaha :rofl:
Actually, changing between FS and SS won't make much difference is it? One thing I heard about FS is that their oil change interval is longer.

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Actually, changing between FS and SS won't make much difference is it? One thing I heard about FS is that their oil change interval is longer.
one of my family cars (FD) used to be on only mineral because my folks took the cheapest alternative. when it got to my hand, i was on Castrol FS 5w-40 for 3 intervals before i switched to the current SS 10w-40, twice now already. the difference in the engine's "lightness" is significant, most likely due to the different viscosity. that apart, to me they drain the same cos i keep the oil change frequent:

Mineral - 4000KM
Semi - 7000KM
Fully - 9000KM :driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
one of my family cars (FD) used to be on only mineral because my folks took the cheapest alternative. when it got to my hand, i was on Castrol FS 5w-40 for 3 intervals before i switched to the current SS 10w-40, twice now already. the difference in the engine's "lightness" is significant, most likely due to the different viscosity. that apart, to me they drain the same cos i keep the oil change frequent:

Mineral - 4000KM
Semi - 7000KM
Fully - 9000KM :driver:

You mean the difference is felt between all 3 types of oil or just from mineral to FS?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
the change from mineral to FS had the most significant difference, could feel that the engine was more responsive/lighter upon acceleration. :listen:
Agree. But how about your changes later from FS to SS? Any noticeable drop in performance or same?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
on that note, the engine did feel a little heavier at the beginning but i quickly got used to it. from a different standpoint, i prefer thinking that it's torque-ier :biggrin:
If so, I think I should just stick to FS for the next oil change.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sifu,

i planning to send my engine for full balancing but i don have any idea who and where to send it.I heard there is 1 in damansara but im not sure abt it. Any other recommend reputated machinery shop can do this in kl? how much would they charge?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience