Retreat! -Review: R3 Satria

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Tom, Nice write up. Good pics too.

Prozac, there's no need to remove the ARB to see the double spot welds. If you look around the front suspension turrets you can see how close the double spot welds are.

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by prozac@Dec 29 2004, 22:27
Thanks for the great review, Tom. Couldn't be better.

BTW, they removed the front ARB for you to take pics of the spot welding?
hahahhaha :lol:

what talking you la

ARB is at the bottom le, where it's attached to the lower arms (usually)
in this case, it's attached to the damper body..

you mean the strut bar aR?
still there le :rolleyes:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
DAMN!!! I'd get one right now!!!
If only I had the money...:(

tvcat

Dec 30, 2004
Just my opinion.

I dun recommend for buying this car.
becos u will spend money on old design car and engine. I love sport like car, R3 give me the feel, but so what i will not spend my money on the old design car. I rather buy the Toyota Avanza.

For Proton, its enough for them to making this light modified car. Their Waja and Gen-2 is better than this, why dun they put more investment on design new car ?

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
Originally posted by tvcat@Dec 30 2004, 12:29
Just my opinion.

I dun recommend for buying this car.
becos u will spend money on old design car and engine. I love sport like car, R3 give me the feel, but so what i will not spend my money on the old design car. I rather buy the Toyota Avanza.

For Proton, its enough for them to making this light modified car. Their Waja and Gen-2 is better than this, why dun they put more investment on design new car ?

Dood,

I don't think comparing a Toyota Avanza + an SR3 is fair. Actually, I think its almost a funny statement to make dude. They both serve different markets and entirely different cars. Evidently my brother bought an Avanza about the same time I booked my SR3. I love my SR3 and he loves his Avanza, case closed.

To say that the Waja or the Gen-2 is better than the SR3 is subjective. Better in terms of what? Perhaps you should check out the facts in more detail before assuming that the only modifications to the SR3 was lightening. That's shallow bro.

The 4G93 is an old engine huh? How about a 4G63?

Proton Motorsports IS working on an R3 version of the Gen-2 for your info and it will have more substantial work done on it than the Satria R3. Keep your eyes peeled!

TODA6866

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
AVANZAAAAAaaaaaaaa!!!

BHWAAHHAHAHahahahahahahah..........sry got carried away by the ingenius ad

like the above said, how u compare a "4dr 7-seater family mini mpv" against a "2dr ethusiast limited edition hatch"?????

is there similiarity? hmmm i gues if u say yes would b yeah both got 4+1 wheels ...steering wheel(momo vs???), seats(heck recaro comparing wit wat?), gearknob???

come on, u gotta b kidding my fren!

guyz, its a JOKE! :lol: :lol: :lol:

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004
yah cant compare...but did anyone ride this car or pushed this ar before?as i see, it has no air flow meter like normal 4G93 P and has new throttle body indicates the seimens ECU..hows the performance like?

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Ignore it guys. The fellas got a grand total of ONE post and decided to share his ill advised opinion. Let it slide.

JUN

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
PJ
Originally posted by TODA6866@Dec 30 2004, 13:41
AVANZAAAAAaaaaaaaa!!!

BHWAAHHAHAHahahahahahahah..........sry got carried away by the ingenius ad

like the above said, how u compare a "4dr 7-seater family mini mpv" against a "2dr ethusiast limited edition hatch"?????

is there similiarity? hmmm i gues if u say yes would b yeah both got 4+1 wheels ...steering wheel(momo vs???), seats(heck recaro comparing wit wat?), gearknob???

come on, u gotta b kidding my fren!

guyz, its a JOKE! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: nola VTEC in da house~! Mike~! Where have u been? When take me go Praaaaaaaaa.....Praaaaaaaaaa....PRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! :lol:

R3 is a really nice car. Met one on the highway the other day..fuh, really got 'presence' la this car..like Takumi's AE86 got aura like that :lol:

Regards;

tvcat

Dec 30, 2004
Originally posted by si|verfish@Dec 30 2004, 13:45
Ignore it guys. The fellas got a grand total of ONE post and decided to share his ill advised opinion. Let it slide.
Sry im not here for war, i have my first post becos i just found this forum. U can comment on what i say like other but not just say what "ignore" or "let it slide", plz respect each other.

Im not comparing it, what i wan to say is put more investment on design new car to compete with other company, if got R3 version of gen-2 sure i support it, cos new tech. We already many step behind other car maker, i dun wish proton to disappear.

diwant

Known Member
Apr 22, 2004
Bangsar
diwant.wordpress.com
Originally posted by udengfahlawi@Dec 30 2004, 09:45
just curious...why is it called "R3"?...was there "R1" and R2" which I dont know about? :blink:
the R3 means Race, Rally, Research. That's the definition FYR..

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Originally posted by tvcat+Dec 30 2004, 14:05 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tvcat @ Dec 30 2004, 14:05 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-si|verfish@Dec 30 2004, 13:45
Sry im not here for war, i have my first post becos i just found this forum. U can comment on what i say like other but not just say what "ignore" or "let it slide", plz respect each other.

Im not comparing it, what i wan to say is put more investment on design new car to compete with other company, if got R3 version of gen-2 sure i support it, cos new tech. We already many step behind other car maker, i dun wish proton to disappear. [/b][/quote]
Errmm...dude...the others are going to eat you alive. I asked them to ignore it cos you're a newbie and let it slide (which basically means to forgive the ill advised post of yours). How is that disrespectful?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all.. I used Ford Escape 2.0XLT year 2001. This problem happened since 2 weeks ago. Before this when i fill full tank my car can reach about 560km (est.) but now i only can reach around 310km..My service record all is on time and i just replace my spark plug and service throttle body but the problem still happened. The idling sometimes can go till 2500 without press the paddle..Need help from all..:confused:..:banghead:...:nurse:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience