Restoration Progress of Soichiro Honda's Gem, 1965 Honda S600

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
after a long crazy busy month, it's public holiday today, ruler's birthday, so i decided to take out the carburetor and analyse it myself. ive labeled the carburetors from A to D, to identify each individual carbs and not to mix the parts around.
to my horror, theres so many dead insects lodged in between the carburetors and the rubber diaphragm inside the carburetors need replacing. so i decided to take out a piece of rubber diaphragm for parts sampling purposes. ive missed out assembling 2 small lil rubbers, i wonder where they go now...

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
its been long i ever had an update, im going to uk this sunday and definitely gonna buy this from uniqlo UK, hopefully be able to show my honda friends when in dusseldorf. i cant wait to hear the honda s600 upclose!

dragon ball and a honda s600? ultimate winning pair!

MEN DRAGON BALL Z Graphic Short Sleeve T Shirt H

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
no kidding arturo, ive been busy going away to europe for my backpacking trip and also handling zth at the same time , its just eating my time away! i promise there will be update, im moving the car away to another work shop, as he is more patient and more space!

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

i also had the oppurtunity to sit on a honda s800 in germany, sadly all my photos on the sd card are corrupted, im just pretty saddenned, i even took lots of good photos of the event, a french classic car concourse ! sigh and also autopolis museum in brussels

Last edited:

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
after months of idle and travel to europe, my car has been relocated to another mechanic, due to the mechanic's impatience of waiting for spare parts. it's just hard to gauge someones mood, one day they are giving the best of interests and suddenly it all dies out. so the car is sent to my usual volvo mechanic, where he had rebuilt a rolls royce silver ghost previously.

my last mechanic has done nothing for me, not even sending my crankshaft to the shop to measure the clearance needed on the sleeves on my engine. it was just pretty much a temporary storage place for me and my car as i was away in europe for a month. though it was great to meet my friends in europe and have a taste in riding a honda s800. sadly most of my photos are gone due to damaged sd card. all i had was photos from my iphone!

wsukun

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2008
London Calling
Kevin..
Regarding ur corrupted photo files..
Have u tried those recovery software?

I've experienced that too..
During the gumball3k..
Snapped hundreds of photos and at the end of the event,
bloody camera just formats everything without any warning..
Truely shaken all the way back home as quick as possible search for solution

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
recovery software didnt worked, because it was an internal hardware failure, diagnosed as a crack in the silicon wafer, so cant fix it! thats what the professional analysis was.

i hope someone in malaysia could do that, cos theres no signal during powerup

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
yes i am using sony nex-5, is there issues?

my left navigation button died! sony wants to charge me rm500 to fix that button, my camera is 2 months old and still new, wtf wei!!! says i have water damage, if water damage i throw the damn camera into water la, dohh

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
wow,... just stumbled upon this,...
kampar huhuuhuuu,...

thumbs up kevin,...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Man.. this is taking a long time to complete. You have :

1. A lotta money. I wish I had that kinda budget to build my KE30 dream.
2. A lotta patience. 4 mechs, 2 screw ups and you're still ok with this project!
3. A pretty girlfriend. No comments.

LOL

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
how long did u take to actually read the whole 44 pages, lol, u really have the patience, hahahah

that girl is history, lol, its been 2 years anyways! hahahah

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
im still waiting for my order of the cylinder head from canada. i bought this part from colin kennedy and took him months to deliver as he was busy with his own stuffs. the cylinder head costs me rm2000 (canadian dollars 620) and its being sent last month

instead, this arrived by mail from korea, a dragon ball t-shirt from uniqlo, featuring goku trailing on the honda s600 convertible. bought for USD20 on ebay. one limited piece t-shirt

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i got a kancil 660 with power window in front. the problem is the switch is located at the right of the cd player which are not convenience for me and the passenger to press it...
i tried to add another switch but fail, the fuse will be cut when i press any of the switch that connect together, so any electronic expert can tell me how i can add 1 more switch at the 2 front door ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience