Replacing the alternator

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Let me share some of the pics.. Let the pic talks.. :burnout:

Please enjoy bro Izso..

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

kancil???? mind sharing how to contact your friend? wanna ask for alternator + custom brackets + new belts + installation into my kancil will cost me :hmmmm::hmmmm:
You playing ice too? But he is in JB and he normally don't do such mods for customers.. only frens he help.. :driver:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
l2s_T : wahhh... the bracket fits ngam ngam! So just need to adjust it so the belt fits nicely. I can't see the pulley though, same size?

Papagoines, you don't want a 140A alternator in your car la! Get something 70A or 90A cukup la

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Already describe it here > http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-modification/435242-replacing-the-alternator.html#post1064339319

Imagine, no ICE but the felt the alternator not giving enough juice... even the aircond blower is sometime slowing down

Come to think of it, your alternator is way to powerful for my kancil :biggrin: or izzit not? :hmmmm:
I guess 90A should be sufficient enough bro...

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

l2s_T : wahhh... the bracket fits ngam ngam! So just need to adjust it so the belt fits nicely. I can't see the pulley though, same size?

Papagoines, you don't want a 140A alternator in your car la! Get something 70A or 90A cukup la
The pulley my fren use back the original size as comes with the alternator.. bit smaller but it's ok.. fast charging.. i've added another battery as well NS40 Bosch battery so that my Trane NS90 battery will not be too strain (presume lifetime of the battery) as the current will flow to another battery once it drains.. :biggrin:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor

I guess 90A should be sufficient enough bro...
Yup.... might be the range

140A might as well I do a proper SPL hoohohohohho

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Yup.... might be the range

140A might as well I do a proper SPL hoohohohohho
I still have a spare recond 90A alternator lying in my store.. (1 day old) :bawling:

abunawas

Known Member
Nov 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
bro Izso what is the update on your 90amp alternator? last time i always buy brand new oem alternators cause i dont trust the local alternator shops to "recon", since i dont know exactly what do they do to the alternator.

however i have tried to service or rebuild my alternator at a shop in sunway called T&T , done it for 3 cars and so far touch wood no problems.

next time i must ask them for upgrade to higher amp see if they can do or not also.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

as far as i know all alternators run on bearings bro, so part of rebuild process is to change new bearings?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
bro Izso what is the update on your 90amp alternator? last time i always buy brand new oem alternators cause i dont trust the local alternator shops to "recon", since i dont know exactly what do they do to the alternator.

however i have tried to service or rebuild my alternator at a shop in sunway called T&T , done it for 3 cars and so far touch wood no problems.

next time i must ask them for upgrade to higher amp see if they can do or not also.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

as far as i know all alternators run on bearings bro, so part of rebuild process is to change new bearings?
I have no idea how they rebuild the alternators. The one that I bought was a recon from factory alternator that came with 6 months warranty and yes - 90A. It made a huge difference for my electronics. Audio was sharper and louder, lights brighter, etc. But being a bigger alternator, I did feel a slight drag compared to the 70A one I had. I've been using the 90A for sometime now (almost 3/4 a year) and works great. no issues with power

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The older ones they change carbon and rewire the internals. Newer ones they have to change the diodes....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Here are some pictures of the recent Bukit Tinggi time trial event catered to the supercars. These are just a fraction of the action-packed weekend. <b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience