NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi guys,

My cars alternator IC is dying and so now I'm sourcing for a suitable replacement. Can anyone advise what's a good alternator brand to buy? What ampere?

Stock is 70A, some have recommended getting the 90A one but I have no idea what car uses 90A. Would this be the Perdana one? Plug and play into Wira?

Any brands, suggestions, ideas would be appreciated.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi guys,

My cars alternator IC is dying and so now I'm sourcing for a suitable replacement. Can anyone advise what's a good alternator brand to buy? What ampere?

Stock is 70A, some have recommended getting the 90A one but I have no idea what car uses 90A. Would this be the Perdana one? Plug and play into Wira?

Any brands, suggestions, ideas would be appreciated.
Have to get the one that fits, especially plug and play. Mounting points is the main issue.
My VR all this while tried chop shop ones, don't last. So have been using recon ones. Last one they could not find exact fit so spare part shop recommend Perdana ones. Seems plug and play with VR, only the electrical ports are at different place but since my wires were long enough have use that....

papagoines

Orang Tua

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
sorry for out-of-topic question... just want to clarify....
  1. can we upgrade current alternator output? for example 45A to 60A or even 70A?
  2. If can, is there any adverse impact on the said alternator?

Reason asking because my kancil's electrical capacity seems overwhelmed... for example during night with full aircon on and headlamps also on.. when I turned the steering (electrical power steeering from daihatsu mira)... the volt reading drops drastically (digital volt meter = flashing "0.0v")... at that time the steering felt sluggish and the headlamp dimmed... sometimes my cd player (no amps whatsoever) just turned off by itself and turn back on again

...oh! one more thing, I've upgraded my stock radiator fan motor to a more powerful one from hafkat, pomen says still came from daihatsu mira hafkat, but the fan now sounded like its coming from a car with bigger cc

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Papag : Sounds like your alternator is over stressed. You probably need an upgrade. Either that or your grounding points are gone.

My case turning on the signal indicator now resets my HU. WTF.

Oh and larger Amp alternator will just affect your cars performance to some extent. But a small upgrade like 70A to 90A isn't going to be a big deal. It's when you shoot more than 20% then you'll feel it.

papagoines

Orang Tua

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Papag : Sounds like your alternator is over stressed. You probably need an upgrade. Either that or your grounding points are gone.

Oh and larger Amp alternator will just affect your cars performance to some extent. But a small upgrade like 70A to 90A isn't going to be a big deal. It's when you shoot more than 20% then you'll feel it.
thanks.... now I know why my pomen ask me whether I want to upgrade current grounding to a beefier cable, might as well listen to him and go on from there

now I just need to confirm the current alternator output... most says its around 40A.... if applying the 20% rule, I shouldn't maxed more than 50A if my math are correct :stoned:... if the upgraded grounding isn't doing any good, then proceed upgrade the alternator

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
iszo for your 4g1x car i think those perdana version can fit... 100A if not mistaken....

double check the mounting point first....

as for my car last time 4g92p....quite a headache......only available on 60A...lucky searching around found a good one from halfcut 4g93sohc auto..which is rated 90A...quite good and a decent upgrade for me....so now no more headlight dimming when a/c cut in+wiper on+radio on with power amp at night traffic jam....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Sure not wiring problem?:confused:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Sure not wiring problem?:confused:
Yeah. It's confirmed not wiring problem. My HU is powered directly from the battery so if the alternator falters, the HU dies. And have checked a lot of other things.

Anyway, I just placed my order for a "new" recon 90A alternator. More power for my electronics. Hopefully this doesn't affect my cars performance. Will have a new DIY to post up soon.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeah. It's confirmed not wiring problem. My HU is powered directly from the battery so if the alternator falters, the HU dies. And have checked a lot of other things.

Anyway, I just placed my order for a "new" recon 90A alternator. More power for my electronics. Hopefully this doesn't affect my cars performance. Will have a new DIY to post up soon.
For HU to reset means total power cut....:hmmmm:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
For HU to reset means total power cut....:hmmmm:
Not really. Say the alternator is dishing out 70A, the aircon is on, headlamps is on, wiper is on, HU is on (direct power from the battery) and suddenly the signal light is turned on. If the alternator is in good shape it'll be able to spread out the current whilst draining a bit from the other devices (dimming headlamp effect). If say the alternator is now just dishing out bare minimum current to the devices and you overload it, something will give. Aircon unlikely since it's belt driven as well, headlamps and dash lights the draw is probably negligible. Then the biggest draw would probably get cut off which in this case is my HU. And since my HU can't run at any current other than the base requirement, it'll shut down.

The most interesting thing about this is if I leave my blinkers on, the HU stays off. Once I switch off the blinkers (or something else) the HU comes back to life. And to make it worse, this is an intermittent problem so I rarely ever get to show it to my troubleshooter. Drexchan has only ever experienced it once out of the 4 times I've gone to see him about the issue.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Not really. Say the alternator is dishing out 70A, the aircon is on, headlamps is on, wiper is on, HU is on (direct power from the battery) and suddenly the signal light is turned on. If the alternator is in good shape it'll be able to spread out the current whilst draining a bit from the other devices (dimming headlamp effect). If say the alternator is now just dishing out bare minimum current to the devices and you overload it, something will give. Aircon unlikely since it's belt driven as well, headlamps and dash lights the draw is probably negligible. Then the biggest draw would probably get cut off which in this case is my HU. And since my HU can't run at any current other than the base requirement, it'll shut down.

The most interesting thing about this is if I leave my blinkers on, the HU stays off. Once I switch off the blinkers (or something else) the HU comes back to life. And to make it worse, this is an intermittent problem so I rarely ever get to show it to my troubleshooter. Drexchan has only ever experienced it once out of the 4 times I've gone to see him about the issue.

try on wiper+headlight+signal+a/c+audio at the same time and see if it still happens... :p

btw...bigger rating alternator not only gives good life for electrical device and battery life...but also improve engine performance a bit with better response...but not significant la...just barely improving it..especially if the car's electrical support not enough...the supply into ecu also not really stable......(same concept for the voltage stabilizer working) with great alternator current support....the supply to ecu should be more stable and makes it work better....then no need those voltage stabilizer apa capacitor bank or what... :adore:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Then shouldn't some power to come from the battery if the alternator is weak?

First time I hear of HU power off because of blinkers....:hmmmm:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
try on wiper+headlight+signal+a/c+audio at the same time and see if it still happens... :p

btw...bigger rating alternator not only gives good life for electrical device and battery life...but also improve engine performance a bit with better response...but not significant la...just barely improving it..especially if the car's electrical support not enough...the supply into ecu also not really stable......(same concept for the voltage stabilizer working) with great alternator current support....the supply to ecu should be more stable and makes it work better....then no need those voltage stabilizer apa capacitor bank or what... :adore:
I've done a headlight (high light), air con full blast coldest setting, reverse gear engaged, HU, 3 amplifiers blasting techno song and wiper on test. Everything is ok and the light dims a little with the bass but that's it. When it works it works great. When it doesn't work, the blinkers will reset my HU. Freaking weird.

And this is the first time I've heard a bigger ampere alternator will improve car performance. I thought the bigger the ampere the heavier the alternator so more effort is needed do drive it? If more effort means parasitic drain on the engine power therefore less overall power no meh?

Then shouldn't some power to come from the battery if the alternator is weak?

First time I hear of HU power off because of blinkers....:hmmmm:
I dunno. When I test the battery with a battery tester it shows that it's in top condition. It's the first time I've ever heard blinker resetting HU too. You know me. I'm all for DIY but when it comes to problems I can't resolve I usually post in the forum

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I've done a headlight (high light), air con full blast coldest setting, reverse gear engaged, HU, 3 amplifiers blasting techno song and wiper on test. Everything is ok and the light dims a little with the bass but that's it. When it works it works great. When it doesn't work, the blinkers will reset my HU. Freaking weird.

And this is the first time I've heard a bigger ampere alternator will improve car performance. I thought the bigger the ampere the heavier the alternator so more effort is needed do drive it? If more effort means parasitic drain on the engine power therefore less overall power no meh?

I dunno. When I test the battery with a battery tester it shows that it's in top condition. It's the first time I've ever heard blinker resetting HU too. You know me. I'm all for DIY but when it comes to problems I can't resolve I usually post in the forum
Not sure if the higher amp alternator will have significant drain on your engine power to drive it unlike a bigger air con compressor that is a lot heavier to drive.

Yup, asking in the forum is another way, unless one who had a similar problem that was fixed, but like you first time hearing about it, so cannot help....:rolleyes::smokin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

i mean performance gain not that u can really feel it...at most highest gain maybe u can feel better engine respond accelerating from idle...or minor fc improve......especially for old car with unstable supply to ecu....

heavier to drive maybe...but really close to negligible la....only magnetic resistant in rotation..no mechanical load like a/c compressor like unker vr said :adore:

and yep me also pelik your problem...maybe u can re-check back your power supply taken from which relay/power source...especially for the switching on/off...not the main big power cable to amp/hu....(if not mistaken most audio got 2 power source....one that is always on for main source...another is pilot for switching it on/off

stupidcar

5,000 RPM

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Not sure if the higher amp alternator will have significant drain on your engine power to drive it unlike a bigger air con compressor that is a lot heavier to drive.

Yup, asking in the forum is another way, unless one who had a similar problem that was fixed, but like you first time hearing about it, so cannot help....:rolleyes::smokin:
I think the alternator just run when the engine is running.
It won't drain the engine power like superchargers. :biggrin:

twistedichc

2,000 RPM

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point

if yu're running HU + 3 amps, maybe u should change ur ACC fuse edi, it's overloading a bit but doesn't blow u're fuse @ u could try adding a relay for u'r sound system remote switch 4 those 4 items like i did. if change to slightly bigger alternator, it may effect u'r pully a bit but does not effect u'r car performance, if it does, i think the first thing u'll notice is a drop wit u'r RPM coz u'r engine is running heavier like when u on u'r a-cond the RPM drops (maybe):hmmmm:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i mean performance gain not that u can really feel it...at most highest gain maybe u can feel better engine respond accelerating from idle...or minor fc improve......especially for old car with unstable supply to ecu....

heavier to drive maybe...but really close to negligible la....only magnetic resistant in rotation..no mechanical load like a/c compressor like unker vr said :adore:

and yep me also pelik your problem...maybe u can re-check back your power supply taken from which relay/power source...especially for the switching on/off...not the main big power cable to amp/hu....(if not mistaken most audio got 2 power source....one that is always on for main source...another is pilot for switching it on/off
Yup, one is standby power, but his running one is tapped direct from battery already....:hmmmm:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I think the alternator just run when the engine is running.
It won't drain the engine power like superchargers. :biggrin:
No la. Try driving with a 100A alternator instead of your stock 70A and the different in power is very obvious. I dunno about supercharger but performance will be affected for sure.

if yu're running HU + 3 amps, maybe u should change ur ACC fuse edi, it's overloading a bit but doesn't blow u're fuse @ u could try adding a relay for u'r sound system remote switch 4 those 4 items like i did. if change to slightly bigger alternator, it may effect u'r pully a bit but does not effect u'r car performance, if it does, i think the first thing u'll notice is a drop wit u'r RPM coz u'r engine is running heavier like when u on u'r a-cond the RPM drops (maybe):hmmmm:
Hmm.. ACC fule overloading eh.. that's a possibility. The fuse I'm using is a 100A one so that should be the bare minimum for it to work no?

And adding a relay to my HU and amps power? How does that work?

Btw VR2 : My car you should know by now isn't standard. I have a direct 10ga wire from the battery directly to the HU for constant power, a VS that only has one lead (positive) and using a larger NS70 battery. Wiring I'm pretty sure I did properly but worth checking like what Twistedichc said. May try that.

twistedichc

2,000 RPM

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Yup, one is standby power, but his running one is tapped direct from battery already....:hmmmm:
if head unit reset (e.g all radio freq setting lost & need to set back) that means power supply from batt is cut out, unless he means that it turned off & then on again without losing it's memory like the radio freq it's definiely the remote supply problem

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

No la. Try driving with a 100A alternator instead of your stock 70A and the different in power is very obvious. I dunno about supercharger but performance will be affected for sure.

Hmm.. ACC fule overloading eh.. that's a possibility. The fuse I'm using is a 100A one so that should be the bare minimum for it to work no?

And adding a relay to my HU and amps power? How does that work?

Btw VR2 : My car you should know by now isn't standard. I have a direct 10ga wire from the battery directly to the HU for constant power, a VS that only has one lead (positive) and using a larger NS70 battery. Wiring I'm pretty sure I did properly but worth checking like what Twistedichc said. May try that.
now i pressume your single HU original remote wire turn on all of the 4 ice items rite. add a relay from u'r HU remote wire. like we all know the 4@5 pin relay that we used e.g for that power horn is actually a switch that allows the battery supply direct to the working unit & it is turned on by the original power supply from the horn button (power from ur dashboard fuse).in this case, add another wire direct from batt to the relay, than the output should go to the 4 items in your ice, than your original remote wire for your HU acts as the trigger to the relay.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
if head unit reset (e.g all radio freq setting lost & need to set back) that means power supply from batt is cut out, unless he means that it turned off & then on again without losing it's memory like the radio freq it's definiely the remote supply problem

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

now i pressume your single HU original remote wire turn on all of the 4 ice items rite. add a relay from u'r HU remote wire. like we all know the 4@5 pin relay that we used e.g for that power horn is actually a switch that allows the battery supply direct to the working unit & it is turned on by the original power supply from the horn button (power from ur dashboard fuse).in this case, add another wire direct from batt to the relay, than the output should go to the 4 items in your ice, than your original remote wire for your HU acts as the trigger to the relay.
Bro. twist an ICE sifu....:driver:
Yup, Bro. Izso, does the HU looses it's memory during shut down?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That's good diagnostic thinking. I didn't think of that.

No it doesn't loose the settings so it might just be the remote. But how on earth does the remote get affected by the blinkers?

And why do I intermittantly get problems with the battery light turning on?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

No it doesn't loose the settings so it might just be the remote. But how on earth does the remote get affected by the blinkers?

Faster find out, maybe got stories for our Ghost Stories thread......hahahahahaha:rofl::rofl:

twistedichc

2,000 RPM

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point

it's in the distribution fuse box i think, coz u'r batt supply to the fuse box comes from 1 way & usually it's a serial circuit & the blinker fuse comes first than only for ice, so when the blinkers is on, it consume the power & the ice only get the leftover power & it doesn't support enuff coz ur ice is already a 4 unit set up + ur dashboard too needs power rite, thats what i'm thinking though.

when exactly that the batt light usually turn on, is it @ idle, medium speed @ high speed, have u checked the alternator output power, bought 1 simple tester for batt/alternator power from ACE (darn the buyer for this diy shop is a good 1, maybe tonite i'll post the pic here) just bcoz got problem wit my batt before.:biggrin: what i'm thinking is yes u'r alternator is gonna give up soon, if it's a leakage problem than ur batt might be dead edi:hmmmm:

papagoines

Orang Tua

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Need clarification.... izzit possible to uprate an alternator to give more power... like for my example, got 40A alternator wanna uprate to 50A

because heard somebody says it can, but long time ago

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Need clarification.... izzit possible to uprate an alternator to give more power... like for my example, got 40A alternator wanna uprate to 50A

because heard somebody says it can, but long time ago
If can find a bigger amp one that can fit, why not?

papagoines

Orang Tua

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
If can find a bigger amp one that can fit, why not?
Rather pool more money and uprated the existing alternator so its plug-n-play... rather having to mod mount point and guessing which belts that can fit

twistedichc

2,000 RPM

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Rather pool more money and uprated the existing alternator so its plug-n-play... rather having to mod mount point and guessing which belts that can fit
a fren of mine says, there is a place in pudu where they can mod the alternator to bigger amps using the original housing by recoiling the copper coil but i didn't ask where, btw got my tester pic.

new info, alternator mod, in pudu near the Chinese school & in jln Ipoh ol' building area coz he don't remember the shop name

Attachments

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Papagoines : It's possible la. Just make sure the pulley on the alternator is the same size or larger. If it's smaller it'll cause a lot of load on your engine!

Guys, I finally swapped out my old and dying 70A alternator with a new 90A alternator. The pulley on the alternator was exactly the same size so that was a bonus. Now my ICE sounds so much better! Almost completely different. Me likey! Lots of good praise for this upgrade that's for sure. Hasn't affected my cars 'feel' at all too. Seems to perform the same. Double bonus!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Papagoines : It's possible la. Just make sure the pulley on the alternator is the same size or larger. If it's smaller it'll cause a lot of load on your engine!

Guys, I finally swapped out my old and dying 70A alternator with a new 90A alternator. The pulley on the alternator was exactly the same size so that was a bonus. Now my ICE sounds so much better! Almost completely different. Me likey! Lots of good praise for this upgrade that's for sure. Hasn't affected my cars 'feel' at all too. Seems to perform the same. Double bonus!
Blinker / ICE HU problem solved?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
so far so good. As I said earlier, this issue was intermittant so I need to keep testing. But since the change everything has been working unbelievably well (electronics wise)

papagoines

Orang Tua

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
a fren of mine says, there is a place in pudu where they can mod the alternator to bigger amps using the original housing by recoiling the copper coil but i didn't ask where, btw got my tester pic.

new info, alternator mod, in pudu near the Chinese school & in jln Ipoh ol' building area coz he don't remember the shop name
Yes... recoiling, the term that I need...

I know one shop at kajang can do the same thing... just have to buy hafkat alternator as a guinea pig

As per twistedichc, it just recoil the internal... me think the pulley stay the same

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes... recoiling, the term that I need...

I know one shop at kajang can do the same thing... just have to buy hafkat alternator as a guinea pig

As per twistedichc, it just recoil the internal... me think the pulley stay the same
It depends on the space inside. Some I see already quite pack tight inside.
Those days can just change carbon brush, nowadays got diodes....:hmmmm:

papagoines

Orang Tua

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
thanks for the head's up... will ask the sifu when finally able to send the alternator

twistedichc

2,000 RPM

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
those days only have lights, air-cond & simple ICE only maa, nowadays so many electronically device to consider, "macam2 ada" everything got loorrr. those days u might call them alternator as dynamo for u'r bicycle, now it have to be like a generator for the whole house maa:biggrin::driver:

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

thanks for the head's up... will ask the sifu when finally able to send the alternator
wehh, don't forget later tell where & costing arrr, might want 2 upgrade mine 2:biggrin::adore:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
those days only have lights, air-cond & simple ICE only maa, nowadays so many electronically device to consider, "macam2 ada" everything got loorrr. those days u might call them alternator as dynamo for u'r bicycle, now it have to be like a generator for the whole house maa:biggrin::driver:

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

wehh, don't forget later tell where & costing arrr, might want 2 upgrade mine 2:biggrin::adore:
Last time my former car alternator konk, went to recon shop they only recon, no upgrade...:hmmmm:

papagoines

Orang Tua

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004

Good for you bro Izso, i had mine swapped years back from 90A to 140A. A whopping increase. Car felt lighter and smoother too.. :driver::driver::driver:

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-problems/391787-evo-3-alternator-issue-6.html#post1063826618

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
No performance drop with such a big upgrade?
Nope, it's better in fact.. the rev is lighter due to the alternator is running ball bearing type. it's a E46 alternator.. the size is much much bigger than the original alternator... custom brackets and change belt..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Nope, it's better in fact.. the rev is lighter due to the alternator is running ball bearing type. it's a E46 alternator.. the size is much much bigger than the original alternator... custom brackets and change belt..
Ball bearing alternator!!! I WAN!!! How on earth did you retrofit it into your Cefiro? (I assume you drive one based on your avatar..) Custom brackets?

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Ball bearing alternator!!! I WAN!!! How on earth did you retrofit it into your Cefiro? (I assume you drive one based on your avatar..) Custom brackets?
It's a perdana bro.. my fren customize it for me.. he also use it for his kancil.. (he plays SPL) so need high ampere alternator.. all from BMW series..

papagoines

Orang Tua

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
It's a perdana bro.. my fren customize it for me.. he also use it for his kancil.. (he plays SPL) so need high ampere alternator.. all from BMW series..
kancil???? mind sharing how to contact your friend? wanna ask for alternator + custom brackets + new belts + installation into my kancil will cost me :hmmmm::hmmmm:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Let me share some of the pics.. Let the pic talks.. :burnout:

Please enjoy bro Izso..

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

kancil???? mind sharing how to contact your friend? wanna ask for alternator + custom brackets + new belts + installation into my kancil will cost me :hmmmm::hmmmm:
You playing ice too? But he is in JB and he normally don't do such mods for customers.. only frens he help.. :driver:

papagoines

Orang Tua

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
l2s_T : wahhh... the bracket fits ngam ngam! So just need to adjust it so the belt fits nicely. I can't see the pulley though, same size?

Papagoines, you don't want a 140A alternator in your car la! Get something 70A or 90A cukup la

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Already describe it here > http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-modification/435242-replacing-the-alternator.html#post1064339319

Imagine, no ICE but the felt the alternator not giving enough juice... even the aircond blower is sometime slowing down

Come to think of it, your alternator is way to powerful for my kancil :biggrin: or izzit not? :hmmmm:
I guess 90A should be sufficient enough bro...

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

l2s_T : wahhh... the bracket fits ngam ngam! So just need to adjust it so the belt fits nicely. I can't see the pulley though, same size?

Papagoines, you don't want a 140A alternator in your car la! Get something 70A or 90A cukup la
The pulley my fren use back the original size as comes with the alternator.. bit smaller but it's ok.. fast charging.. i've added another battery as well NS40 Bosch battery so that my Trane NS90 battery will not be too strain (presume lifetime of the battery) as the current will flow to another battery once it drains.. :biggrin:

papagoines

Orang Tua

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor

I guess 90A should be sufficient enough bro...
Yup.... might be the range

140A might as well I do a proper SPL hoohohohohho