Replace tyre onot?

EcstacyElmo

1,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
K Hell Shitty
my rear tyre was punctured before, so i had it patched, it was ok for quite awhile, i think bout 6 months or more back.
recently the air started leaking out again, so now i'm not sure whether to repalce the tyre, or repatch it, if its possible. my tyre is only 1 year old, same age as the car. but of cos the wear on the punchtured-before tyre is more than the other tyres, sometimes i didn't notice the air was less then other tyres n kept driving, so the thread wear is different.
can anyone advice me wat to do? repalce or repatch. cos if replace, replace 1 tyre only?

Redline_club

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2005
www.redline-club.com
EcstacyElmo said:
my rear tyre was punctured before, so i had it patched, it was ok for quite awhile, i think bout 6 months or more back.
recently the air started leaking out again, so now i'm not sure whether to repalce the tyre, or repatch it, if its possible. my tyre is only 1 year old, same age as the car. but of cos the wear on the punchtured-before tyre is more than the other tyres, sometimes i didn't notice the air was less then other tyres n kept driving, so the thread wear is different.
can anyone advice me wat to do? repalce or repatch. cos if replace, replace 1 tyre only?
i afraid get hurt by another nail again, can patch till yr tyre weared off just replace. my perdana 1 tyre got 5 nails le, i go patch back cost RM25 only...

JacEK

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2005
i face da same prob. well, i just stick with it, til all 4 tires wear off, and change all together.

EcstacyElmo

1,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
K Hell Shitty
so i can send it to tyre shop to repatch the same hole then?
hopefully not another puncture la, the last time i did patched it the guy said the tyre can last til need to replace, but i didn't know air wil start leaking again.after about 7 months.
1 week hav to pump air twice. haih.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
if financial is allow, i will suggest to replace the tyres at least in pair (front or rear pair). But if your area got construction. still with the patch, just don't travel in highspeed.

Y a k u Z a

Global Moderator
Helmet Clan
Feb 16, 2006
Sydney, AU
www.facebook
Hmm,maybe you should mend your tyre else where because the last time I mended mine it only cost me about 15 bucks.But yeah,mending it is pretty economical.

Redline_club

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2005
www.redline-club.com
EcstacyElmo said:
so i can send it to tyre shop to repatch the same hole then?
hopefully not another puncture la, the last time i did patched it the guy said the tyre can last til need to replace, but i didn't know air wil start leaking again.after about 7 months.
1 week hav to pump air twice. haih.
oh!!! same hole??? if the hole is big difficult lo, twice a week!!! i think mayb got hurt by nail again. u must check again

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
BlackSamurai said:
if financial is allow, i will suggest to replace the tyres at least in pair (front or rear pair). But if your area got construction. still with the patch, just don't travel in highspeed.
this is the correct way!

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
3 things when owning a car...

1. Never scrooge on tires.
2. Never skimp on brakes.
3. Never ever rojak suspensions.

Magicmarker

Nov 7, 2006
acbc said:
3 things when owning a car...

1. Never scrooge on tires.
2. Never skimp on brakes.
3. Never ever rojak suspensions.
Hell yes to that. Tires are the only things keeping you on the road without them, your car isn't worth anytihng. If finances allow, you should get them all changed. If finances don't, they should be the next thing on your to buy list. Hopefully there is still sufficient thread left on them..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Drifting might have exploded the world over but no matter how you go about it, the essence of it still emancipates from its spiritual home, The Land of the Rising Sun, Japan.

Movie-maker Luke Huxham has been putting together a series of videos, titled, Drift Colours, that aims to chronicle the spirit of drifting by going beneath the layer of worn asphalt, smoked rubber and exhaust fumes to get more intimate with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience