Remove Catalytic Converters

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
hie dudes and guys here

people telling me that remove your "Catalytic Converters" can improve quite alot performance but got little air and sound pollutions.

Is this true? removing "Catalytic Converters" will against JPJ rules or not?

awos_84

Known Member
Jan 17, 2006
cataltic converters (c.c) is using to burn the unnecessary gas which can lead to air poluttions. removing the c.c can lead to air and sound pollution because this thing also is used for absorb some sound..
the power u're expected from removing this thing is about 1-2% only ...
the outhority ?? of course against the rules cos u will make air pollute.

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
gohkokeng said:
hie dudes and guys here

people telling me that remove your "Catalytic Converters" can improve quite alot performance but got little air and sound pollutions.

Is this true? removing "Catalytic Converters" will against JPJ rules or not?
just remove it bro........im driving since 1992 & no jpj fella have ever crawled underneath my car to check the existence of the CC.....so rest assured that removing it will not cause u any prob.

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
wow gohkokeng, i wonder how loud will ur LMST sound weih if u remove. lol ... and the smell of the exhaust will be so smelly... juz replace with a bullet la , or juz leave it there... change ur midbox to a bullet n leave ur CAT there..

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
goh LMST not CAT box one la ..... only got center box ....... somecars have some cars dun have ..... u can only change the center box .... to a bigger center box .... inside less sound oledi ...... i can bring u one place do onli 100 for changeing to a bigger one .....

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
ah haha just doubting only...my friend told me this thing.....

10q 10q

dorikin

Apr 19, 2006
I dont know about the legality of it, but i can tell you it will give a mild increase in performance.

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
some say it helps with power.. some say not.. to me, all i would like to know is, would it help with the fuel consumption... coz was thinking of removing d cat conv. on my wife's car

dorikin

Apr 19, 2006
It would help by the smallest of margins. It would alleviate some backpressure so it would help. As for the making more power it does. A local magazine did a test on an r32 making 300ps. They switched from gtr cat to an aftermarket one and still got 15ps power gain. It would be even more with no cat. The more power the car makes the bigger the gain, as more back pressure would be gone.

markii

Known Member
Apr 21, 2005
will it give the car a sport exhaust sound?because i thought the muffler is the one that do the silencing?another question.removing the cc will it release black smoke?

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
whare got black smoke one car ...... u think diesel maer ? except some where in your combution went wrong oledi la
smell onli ...... a lil smelly-ier ..... but whose got stand at your exhaust piepe there smelling that

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
midbullet i heard alot.......but duno how it looks like.....hahaha

how much 1 midbullet? does it come wit anybrand? does it come with variety of piping inches?

i am totally noob about it :~/

theorekz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
hiztorikal.c.t.
Visit site
I read an edition of RallyXS before on the evo8 MR FQ-340... RalliArt have an optional package which would allow the buyer to replace the CAT to a Jan Speed high-flow CAT which in return will boost another 10hp on wheels....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello sifu here.. really need some advise on 4AGE 20v engine..I have using my BT for few years. So far very satisfied with it without any problem recently my car have start becomes sluggish...especially at light throttle and low rpm(2k-3k with load).. i ask some of the pomen here they said maybe is O2 sensor.. and i just change it already... but the prob still there... some said distributor.. and i have change it... but its the same... so penin.....:confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience