Remote control problem (always triggers alarm)

jln2

Nov 26, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I went to a shop to ask them if they could copy my remote (I only have 1 key now so wanted to get a spare one) and after he mess around with the key he said cannot.

When I went back to the car the remote cannot open the car anymore, if i press lock/unlock the alarm start to make noise, if i press alarm button the alarm goes on. Ends up I unlock with the key, which of course triggered the alarm since it was locked with the remote earlier (before I went to shop), but I can at least off the alarm by pressing the unlock button.

After this if I try to lock the car again with the lock/unlock button the alarm will just start, the door wont lock. Is it possible to resync/reset this somehow or just give up using the remote?

It's a Neo H-line 2007 model, alarm system is standard one.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Who you went to, to do the alarm. Some accessory shops can do it, if not can try some locksmith. My remote was tuned by an accessory shop, and my friend did a spare remote with a locksmith....

jln2

Nov 26, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
It was one of the locksmith shops at the shopping mall. The remote was working just fine until he tried to clone it, now have to use with the remote >_<

Maybe I can try another shop and see if they can fix it, any suggestions?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
It was one of the locksmith shops at the shopping mall. The remote was working just fine until he tried to clone it, now have to use with the remote >_<

Maybe I can try another shop and see if they can fix it, any suggestions?
This is still the original remote? I thought you went there to clone an extra one?

jln2

Nov 26, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I went to clone the original, the guy at the shop try to clone it but then say "this one cannot be cloned" and then put together the key again. Only now it cannot be used anymore (original one) so now no remote at all.

So i still just have 1 key, didnt make any clone, and now the original one no more remote as well

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Try resend the cloned one to the shop. Ask them to "retune" it one more time.

I dont know how to explain this, but sometimes, the remote would be "out of tune" by itself. Depending on the tuning equipment used, IC board of the remote, the quality of remote (the cheapo ones are terrible, and not worth the time using it).

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Check your user manuals. They should teach how to reset the alarm when in the event the remotes are spoilt or something.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Try resend the cloned one to the shop. Ask them to "retune" it one more time.

I dont know how to explain this, but sometimes, the remote would be "out of tune" by itself. Depending on the tuning equipment used, IC board of the remote, the quality of remote (the cheapo ones are terrible, and not worth the time using it).
Reading his last post, the shop did not clone for him, but actually mess up his original......:banghead:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
If not mistake the Neo stock alarm is a bit more advanced compared to other cheap proton during its time like my BLM. It has something to do with some code thing. Plus TS remote might also contain a small chip which is an immobiliser system. One can duplicate the key or alarm but without the small chip the car wont start. Remove the casing and see if there is a small black thing near the base of the key.
For Exora, the chip is built into the base of the key itself.

The simple thing that could go wrong is that the remote casing was not installed properly. Neo key have low quality build in way the button is either hard to pressed or it could trigger another button.
I know this because my sis Neo had the problem sometimes the button needs to be pressed 2-3 times before the car is unlocked, not all Neo encounter this but some. Complaint was made to Proton and they change the alarm set but the problem is still there. Once I change her key to flip key but still retaining the old alarm circuit board, problem is gone.

Not all shop can duplicate coded alarm transmitter and immobiliser touch key or chip. TS can check if there are any instruction for the remote to self learn the code/frequency and if there are none then must go to locksmith shop or reputable acc shop.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Reading his last post, the shop did not clone for him, but actually mess up his original......:banghead:
hahaha, the guy obviously wasnt a repairman, but a saboteur pulak....

Should ask for refund, or compensation.....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hahaha, the guy obviously wasnt a repairman, but a saboteur pulak....

Should ask for refund, or compensation.....
Maybe he thought he could do it, but after open, "oh sh*t this one don't know" so put back, hoping nothing goes wrong.....lol

jln2

Nov 26, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Correct. I went in with 1 functional key with remote, and left with 1 functional key but malfunctioning remote. Hoping there will be some way to resync the remote with the car.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
sorry to hear about the mess and more mess after that. To hv a peace of mind, you might want to remove the entire alarm system and install a better system. call it upgrade, but solves all the nagging problem.

For me, a better alarm system is an investment and to deter theft.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
sorry to hear about the mess and more mess after that. To hv a peace of mind, you might want to remove the entire alarm system and install a better system. call it upgrade, but solves all the nagging problem.

For me, a better alarm system is an investment and to deter theft.
My VR actually came with Cobra alarm. But after 2 years of use after buying it second hand, it started to fail. Tune the remote, then after one week out again, went on for another two times then finally change the whole alarm.....hahhahhaha:rofl:

BFX73

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
the old H-Line neo using RAPTOR isnt it..i mean the brand of the alarm

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Use Satria GTi complete bodypart on Satria standard.

Bumper + Arch + Spoiler + Back bumper.

Legal wise. can or not?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience