regret to install a mukuni carburator :(

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
haha...uncle fred not old le...coz still remember me...haha... my carb under power issit need to deal with the fuel pressure? coz these carb got 2 fuel intake,and with one fuel return piping..wondering she got enough fuel to drink anot coz she has two mouth??

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
ic..i can feel the push while in 1st gear...after that the throattle respond seems to be very bad... walao...i just now spray some carb cleaner...the engine turn to be very smooth...but still really under power..

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
for progressive carb, second barrel open not depend on what rpm u are on... it depends on how much u depress the throttle... if u press more than half (about 3/4), second barrel open, more power lor....

yeap, for performance carburettor, in some cases oem fuel pump is not sufficient enough to deliver constant supply of fuel into ur carb... thats why need to add extra high-volume-low-pressure fuel pump...

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
thanks for sifu's reply ya...i just back from hometown....long time di online d...hehe...sky, the problem is, when i depress the pedal to the metal on 3rd gear, i cant feel the push until i reach 3.5k rpm..before that the pick up is so sluggish..issit anything wrong? i tot usually while i depress the gas pedal all the way i should immediately feel the pull immediately rite? dono le...

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
dear sifu, i left my car 5 days due to balik kampung to visit gandpa...today morning i start the engine, the engine starts, but stall within 2 second..i start the second time then it starts and run well...issit due to unsufficient fuel flow? it nv happen bfr while i using stock carb...this carb makes my engine not easy to start...expecially when hot...need to crank more compare to stock one..the tunning all correct..issit due to inssuficient fuel or pressure supply by eom pump ?

Darth

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Selangor
hurmm...you using MIKUNI 2 barrel ar?....the secondary open by vaccum meh?....okeh....here wat i know.....since the secondary is operated by vaccum and not mechanical likes weber dgv.....the secondary open on 3K rpm......you need to check the diaphram on the linkage to secondary is working or not..........try to make you car idling....open the air filter....and revv the throttle.....see closely wether the diaphram working to pull the linkage on secondary plate....and if there any fuel came out from the secondary barrel......or.....'suck' the end of the hose on diaphram by your mouth to see wether the diaphram is working........

the standard oem carb you using is variable venturi carburetor.......using piston...same design like SU carb.......only it aisin n downdraft.........

your mikuni autochoke working or not??if not that the answers for hard-start....
how to check?
-see on top of the carb....got plate overthere..that is autochoke plate....is it fully open wide or closed??(dont start the engine and see it when engine is cool)

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
thanks ya Darth...i have check it...the secondary barrer is working:)...and the choke do close while cold...:)...just the forman not sure weather the fuel supply hose fix correctly anot le..

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
after few days of hard driving...the performance since improve abit le...thanks for every command given by sifus:)....today i met uncle fred, surprise to hear that this carb is same model as 4g91 carb version...:)....guys i need ur opinion...let say i wish to increase pick up, can i give the maximum timing advance? like 13 degree?

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
ic..my engine will knock abit while i press the gas pedal...so i think i should back aff abit timing lo...sifu, how come the carb's peformance will improve after being hard driving for several time le? erm, do u think stock proton carb performance is better than twin barrel carb?

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
hey sifus.... issit ok to pour those complete fuel system cleaner to my fuel tank pior to clean my carburator?coz this piece of shit has been sleeping for few years while imported from japan.....i guess there's some dirty partical inside it....guys would u agree if i do so?

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
ur timing is edi in advance kao kao, so there is no more space to advance anymore.

ur carb is in good condition and everything is installed correctly i dont think there is much u can do, whats only bothering you is your own mindset. you cant seem to get rid of ur habit of using an ori carb with a mikuni, just be happy with wat u have.

if u still insist that d power is "so so" only then change back to ori aisan carb.