Red Bull gets sideways on downtown Atlanta w/video

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The concept isn’t new, closing off some public roads for a short drift demo with the adoring public and fans gathered on the side to watch in awe as a few high-end drift-prepped machines, that see as much of the public roads as we do of naked Victoria Secret models, come drifting down the street, tail kicked out and smoking their rear tyres for all it’s worth.

The difference here with the street demo that Red Bull had in downtown Atlanta, in conjunction with the second round of Formula Drift at Road Atlanta, is that the roads were closed off an intersection at a time and the bystanders weren’t informed of the impromptu drift demo.

Rhys Millen and Ryan Tuerck turned Peachtree Street in Atlanta into their own personal tsuiso battleground, the Red Bull Peachtree Drift Battle, as they fought it out to the awe of bystanders that had no idea what was going on. Millen was behind the wheel of his Hyundai Genesis Coupe while Tuerck took to the wheel of his Pontiac Solstice Coupe for the last time, before the car was sold off to be replaced by a newer machine.

Although no winner was determined from the tsuiso battle, the real winners of the day were the people that happen to be walking by. There’s surely no better way to start your morning then with a couple of Red Bull drift cars lighting up their rear tyres out of the blue to ignite some excitement in your otherwise mundane daily commute.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xqXJbGpZPeg" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="349"></iframe>

Source: YouTube

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone happen to have the proper wiring diagrams for a 96/97 Putra? And also a diagram including the junction block for Evo3? I've got the e-manuals for a 93-96 mirage and Evo 1-3, but the Mirage one shows a different junction block, and the Evo one doesn't show any junction block diagram.

That's the main one I'm searching for right now, but if you know anyone who could advice me on this it would also be great.

I've heard that I have to reuse the Proton junction block by swapping Evo...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience