Recommendation: Turbocharger for 4B11 N.A engine

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Aiya... learn from my mistakes la. Don't go for unknown, unsupported, unverified ecus that no one has heard of or tuned before. I made that mistake with Spitronics and haven't stopped regretting.

If you have "a lot" of owners who run this ECU without problem i hope you are good friends with these owners because I do not agree with this ECU. Incidentally why not spend this money to get your standalone ECU for the BMW-1JZ. that would have a WAY bigger impact than your turbo 4B11. Hell, the BMW gonna be faster too and a nicer drive I'll bet.
It's from Thailand, got one Kelisa YRV turbo with 1 bar boost using this ECU, running on automatic gearbox, personally i seen it. Looks pretty stable if you ask me.

BMW is a different category, its made for leisure driving so with 260 whp, it's plenty good enough. Turbo 4B11 on the other hand, its my daily not-boring ride.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It's from Thailand, got one Kelisa YRV turbo with 1 bar boost using this ECU, running on automatic gearbox, personally i seen it. Looks pretty stable if you ask me.

BMW is a different category, its made for leisure driving so with 260 whp, it's plenty good enough. Turbo 4B11 on the other hand, its my daily not-boring ride.
It's like I said - unsupported, unknown, unverified.

If you have a tuner who can tune the KKT inside out then go ahead. However be warned every tuner will say they can..... until they can't. Which was exactly what happened with my Spitronics. 3 tuners and none could even get it done right, when I said "right" i mean running condition, not even being OCD here. All of their tunes were half assed in some way or another.

And then there was the 60 deg ignition timing fiasco from the 1st tuner wtf.

Reactions: alcyon

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
First time I heard this ECU.
GT28 should be suitable for your target output but not sure if 0.6 bar is enough to reach that, seems very low boost.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
It's like I said - unsupported, unknown, unverified.

If you have a tuner who can tune the KKT inside out then go ahead. However be warned every tuner will say they can..... until they can't. Which was exactly what happened with my Spitronics. 3 tuners and none could even get it done right, when I said "right" i mean running condition, not even being OCD here. All of their tunes were half assed in some way or another.

And then there was the 60 deg ignition timing fiasco from the 1st tuner wtf.
I heard you. I am also got option for more common Emanage Ultimate, my budget is within RM3K so not able to reach standalone ECU. Will do more research on KKT, few have suggested this to me and recent years they gained popularity in some grass roots motorsports.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
GT28 should be suitable for your target output but not sure if 0.6 bar is enough to reach that, seems very low boost.
Yeah target HP is one thing, another thing is the feel when its on the road afterwards, if the feel is good, slight lower HP i wouldn't mind.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That is evo great great grand dad VR4 standard boost.......lol

leinnz

Known Member

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
is the ecu onsale in Mudah for 1499?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I heard you. I am also got option for more common Emanage Ultimate, my budget is within RM3K so not able to reach standalone ECU. Will do more research on KKT, few have suggested this to me and recent years they gained popularity in some grass roots motorsports.
If you're gonna go standalone with 3k, why not look at Links Atom used? A used unit could be about 1k+ then tuning from a tuner might take up the rest of your budget.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
If you're gonna go standalone with 3k, why not look at Links Atom used? A used unit could be about 1k+ then tuning from a tuner might take up the rest of your budget.
I tried looking for it, but couldn't find any for now. I know this ECU is very capable too but new one is headache, cost almost the same as my BOT kit :smokin:, well if anyone got any lobang to one unit let me know. Otherwise, i might try another route which is use Evo X ECU.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
is the ecu onsale in Mudah for 1499?
Somewhere around that price, gotta admit its very very very tempting but lack of actual support is not something you want to mess with.

leinnz

Known Member

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
too bad JL too busy to do ecu custom mapping. else you might get his help on this. maybe you can get him through kakidiy workshop. just saw he posted his memories on his evox again

Reactions: Izso

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
too bad JL too busy to do ecu custom mapping. else you might get his help on this. maybe you can get him through kakidiy workshop. just saw he posted his memories on his evox again
Is kakidiy workshop his legit business name? After some chats with guys that BOT their rides (Iriz, Waja, Myvi), apparently for money spent, Link G4+ Atom is one of the best solutions out there. The downside is i need to purchase their additional looms and 3 Bar Map sensor seperately.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Is kakidiy workshop his legit business name? After some chats with guys that BOT their rides (Iriz, Waja, Myvi), apparently for money spent, Link G4+ Atom is one of the best solutions out there. The downside is i need to purchase their additional looms and 3 Bar Map sensor seperately.
Ya so far when I compare for my Evo, Link G4+ is the best value for money. Got all the necessary capabilities yet seems the most affordable too, plus at least got more tuners who are more familiar with Link. Mine I got the Link G4+ plugin ECU for Evo 9 which already comes with 4 bar map sensor.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Looks like Atom is the most performing ECU out there for any entry level ECU. I will buy one and keep first until i am ready all parts to BOT.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A US$482,750 Mclaren SLR would have bought you this: windshields’ that were not installed properly which then increased the risk of injury to a vehicle occupant in case of a crash. A statement by the US National Highways Traffic Safety Administration has confirmed that the windshields are in deed defected.

So if you do own a 2007 Mclaren SLR, quit complaining, and take it down to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience