Recommend a good Automotive/Motorsport college

Jan 2, 2011
Singapore
Hi, I am planning to take my diploma in automotive/motorsport. I understand that overseas studies is better, but I dont have that much money so I wish to know some good schools here. Im more of a hands on than book/theory person. I did some search, and so far TOC (the otomotive college) seems like the choice i would make, as it has motorsport course. But than again I also have read some reviews of it which is doubting me. I was wondering whether there is any other college that provide the same kind of courses. Hope to hear from you guys soon. Thank you for viewing.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Last edited:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Bro,

For best bang for buck,
do apply the diploma course from IPTA, if can. IPTS is expensive, in the school fees.

TOC is OK, but there has been a few cases raised last time, about the education quality there. I think you can check it out more at lowyatt forum, where there is an education sections specifically discussing about tertiary education.

All the best!

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Seems TOC is the most famous one for now..not sure why, maybe lots of advertisements.

Maybe you can consider this...International College of Automotive or just google and see what other college available...
International College of Automotive (ICAM)

or

Malaysia Automotive Institute
ICAM is in Pekan, Pahang woh!

TOC seems to be very strict, seems passing marks is 80% and every subject cannot miss more then 3 days and cannot be late maximum 10 minutes (if not mistaken)
TOC also English based. Lecturers I heard mostly from Philippines.....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
ICAM is in Pekan, Pahang woh!

TOC seems to be very strict, seems passing marks is 80% and every subject cannot miss more then 3 days and cannot be late maximum 10 minutes (if not mistaken)
TOC also English based. Lecturers I heard mostly from Philippines.....
:rofl: Since he is from Singapore, I guess should be okay gua even if in Pahang :laugh:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, you are right, he can stay in Pekan.....

Remember there was another in Section 13, P. Jaya. Okay, check already it is Despark Auto Academy......

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yup, you are right, he can stay in Pekan.....

Remember there was another in Section 13, P. Jaya. Okay, check already it is Despark Auto Academy......
Despark Auto Academy is Chinese mia...got their brochure before..all mandarin one...

EatSleepHonda

Jan 2, 2011
Singapore
Hey guys, thank you for the fast replies. Very efficient. I am doing all the research as we speak. Please share more if any of you knows anything. Hopefully some ex TOC students could clear things up and share their experiences during their study there.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Despark Auto Academy is Chinese mia...got their brochure before..all mandarin one...
Is it? but Singaporean Mandarin good mah......

Happen to browse their website and saw this:
"What is basic requirement to enrol the course?
Minimum 15 years old and above for certificate level. As long as the student have strong interest in this course. For Diploma and Advance Diploma level, students are required to pass English in SPM or equivalent qualification such as UEC exam/ SPM Trial Exam/ SPM July Paper/ English exam approval by Despark."

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Minimum 15 years old and above for certificate level. As long as the student have strong interest in this course. For Diploma and Advance Diploma level, students are required to pass English in SPM or equivalent qualification such as UEC exam/ SPM Trial Exam/ SPM July Paper/ English exam approval by Despark."
Ya, but I had an experienced before and lucky it was just a FREE 2 weeks foundation and I pay
nothing to go for the classes. A Design College in KL just somewhere near SEGI and Maybank.

Went in there, my 1st design experience, k la the people there and the courses. But end up
the lecturer speaks in mandarin and I'm the only one who dont understand mandarin.

End up, after 2 weeks free Foundation, I decided to switch instead. even though I have great friends there but no point if is hard for me to learn anything...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wah! like that better check thoroughly before taking the course, if not one duck teaching the chicken, then really habis....:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Wah! like that better check thoroughly before taking the course, if not one duck teaching the chicken, then really habis....:banghead:
That's why T&C also can consider as Think Carefully I suppose haha! :rofl:
That's why after that I'm more careful in choosing my next college. Lucky got free foundation.

If not adi hailat.com for 2 years there la...:rofl: