rebuilt gearbox hard shifting problem

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
hi,

i have just had my kelisa 5 speed manual gearbox rebuilt. oil seals replaced and total cleanup is done on the gears and housing.

im not sure if its a problem but i find it rather hard, like a bit tight to shift especially the lower 3 gears, shifting from 3 to 4, 4 to 5 and back seems butter smooth. once a while, shifting to reverse caused chatter sound. could it be the new gear oil? i heard hard shifting is normal for new gear oil, but could be a myth.

and i have just serviced the clutch system with upgraded heavy duty clutch. can higher rating clutch induce hard shifting?

opinion is appreciated :D

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
maybe this could be solved by adjusting the gear lever abit..
happened to me before canot shift into 5th gear after rebuild gbox, send bck to my fren
he solved within a couple of minutes...he said adjusted gear lever something like that.

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
adjusted the clutch cable making it engaged at higher foot position, so when pedal is pressed completely, clutch is fully disengaged. solved hard shifting and kreekk during fast reverse shift problem

thanks!

avielboys

Known Member
Nov 14, 2008
JB, Johor
powerpackengineering.blogspot.com
if the gear cable installed wrongly can also cause this problem ... i kena on a perdana v6 manual b4 ...

but this problem only for gear 1 & 2 ...
as for gear 2 & 3, if you using china made short shifter, you might encounter hard shifting ...

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
how it can be wrongly installed? how do we check? might want to check for it as well

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello,everybody....i have a civic eg with b16a auto gearbox.
i want to change to manual gearbox.
my question is,,,is the auto driveshaft same with the manual one?
please,can anybody provide me information..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience