Rear drums doesn't even slow down the car

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Bro. TR, the handbrakes activate the brake lining from one end and the foot braking activates at the mini brake cylinder end. If hand brake click goes higher can also adjust from brake console in the passenger compartment but that one got limit. Best to adjust from mini brake cylinder end to evenly use up the brake lining...
IINM, the handbrake cable will pull a level at behind the lining base then push the lining at the cylinder there towards the drum. For adjustment from passenger compartment that one is best done if the cable is loose...where you can feel a lot of free play in the handbrake level. For handbrake adjustment best to do at the wheels there....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
The mini thing (SF call it) or hydraulic thing is the brake cylinder. Usually is the o ring inside the piston that fail or the rubber boot tear up that covers the piston internal. Adjusting is only needed if the linings have become thinner and the no. of click on your hand brake increase. For drum brakes users, your hand brake can roughly tell you how much your rear lining still have...more clicks mean the lining need to move further to come in contact with the hub. Usually 4 to 5 clicks is just nice....if 7 above, you need to check your rear lining for wear and if they are thick but they click is more then just readjust the lining against the hub via the back of the brake assembly.

The hub is made from cast iron so knocking it with a hammer won't dent it but would literally crack it into half or a chunk might just crack and broke away from the main piece. Best way to remove the hub, after removing the 2 philip screw with an impact screw driver, take a bolt that is the same size as the philips screw but with a much longer body drive it into the same hole where the philips screw was....this will force the hub to come out bit by bit until it totally come loose some cars drum will come with an empty bolt hole that's where you stick the bolt in. If you insist on using a hammer. try placing a piece of old rag over the hub. No need to hold the rag just totally cover the hub and slowly start to hammer it in a circular motion....you don't keep hitting the same spot over and over again. This will also make the hub come loose also.

For beginners, it might take a while but for seasoned guys, 10~15 mins can take out already.

If you plan on changing the lining yourself, well taking out the spring and fitting them back will be quite a challenge even for me...you will need some strong arm muscle and need to DIY a spring hook a strong one is a must so that it allow you to remove the 2 springs holding the lining together and then putting the spring back into the small opening on the lining base. This one needs patience to do and I swear you gonna sweat and keep cursing when you try to doing the spring....I know because I've did it....just be careful with the spring as it is very strong and most of the time it will fly quite far if it get loose from the spring removal tool. For safety wear a goggle. I kena my right eye brow before....bengkak and bleeding.

Happy trying...
Usually send to the mech, they use hammer to knock the hub for it to come lose...:frown:

IINM, the handbrake cable will pull a level at behind the lining base then push the lining at the cylinder there towards the drum. For adjustment from passenger compartment that one is best done if the cable is loose...where you can feel a lot of free play in the handbrake level. For handbrake adjustment best to do at the wheels there....
Usually if handbrake pull to high, I ask them help me adjust. Now only 2-3 clicks.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
it is relatively simple and easy to adjust....

in stock form..drum brakes works better than disc brake (for similar model n size)..didnt believe me? just try your best to do handbrake turn :biggrin:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
it is relatively simple and easy to adjust....

in stock form..drum brakes works better than disc brake (for similar model n size)..didnt believe me? just try your best to do handbrake turn :biggrin:
For bikes also same right? especially when raining time the disc rotor on bikes get splashes and wet then cools down...last time I ride with my friend in 125Z during heavy rain very scary one....then he got EX5 brakes seems to bite nice also when rain....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
For bikes also same right? especially when raining time the disc rotor on bikes get splashes and wet then cools down...last time I ride with my friend in 125Z during heavy rain very scary one....then he got EX5 brakes seems to bite nice also when rain....
yep.....

the only advantage of disc brake is it can cool down pretty fast (because of open to air flow) and relatively easy to upgrade...with various option of caliper and disc size to choose

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
yep.....

the only advantage of disc brake is it can cool down pretty fast (because of open to air flow) and relatively easy to upgrade...with various option of caliper and disc size to choose
My time, most ride bike, then all talk bike mod, skim head, change the rear sprocket gear, use open pod also got, punch hole at the muffler end.... then there was a bike shop near my school....the shop got build some race kapchai for Jempol bike drag one....hohoho...crazy bike and all light weight...tire sotong...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
My time, most ride bike, then all talk bike mod, skim head, change the rear sprocket gear, use open pod also got, punch hole at the muffler end.... then there was a bike shop near my school....the shop got build some race kapchai for Jempol bike drag one....hohoho...crazy bike and all light weight...tire sotong...
that one crazy ler no rear brake also..but bike capable up to 180km/h in less than 400m....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
My uncle use to go see some illegal Kap Chai race before last time. There was this guy who modded his kap chai damn good and seems to be the fastest there.

So once not sure what happened, according to my uncle, is like the bike locked up somehow and he totally flew few meters face 1st and dragged for few meters as well due to the thrown off force. Should be roughly 10 parked cars distance from how he said it.

Seems like he don't even have a face anymore...:afraid:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys

i m looking for emanage for my car (going to turbocharge), but the full set wiring and 3 bar map sensor all in will be rm2200 (new) without installation and tuning, is it expensive??

then i got another offer is apexi power fc + controller, used item for evo, but with all complete sensor and wiring cost around rm1800.

now i m wondering which one is more suitable for my car, i think the power fc is a good deal, but i need advice from u guys.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience