RB26DETT: R32 vs R33 vs R34

KungFuMan

Known Member
Feb 7, 2008
Guys! Let's say I got a R34 GT-S and I want to transplant RB26DETT (Engine only, Not moded to 4WD).

What are the differences?

Which RB26DETT series is the best?

Why should I plant R34 heart if I can get R33 cheaper?

Is the engine frame and bay of R34 GT-S could fit the engine?

I heard R33 manual transmission gearbox is better than R34 coz R34 one is quite 'manja', is it true?

Anyone ever done a complete transplant (GT-S to GTR fully with 4WD)?

Just need some clear information for my Monster 4 doors plan. (If it is happening)

calvintys

Known Member
Sep 24, 2004
klang
R32 and R33 has different oil pump, as in differences on the crank side and R34 has major change on the head in compare to R33. Yes you can fit an RB26 into GTT or GT-S BUT if you are after 4wd, well make sure that you have enough fund cause at the end of the day a R34 GTR only cost 180K. How cheap can you get an R33 half cut plus.

Yes R33 gear box are stuff but R34 gearbox inside parts can be interchange wif supra gear box.

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Actually this is quite interesting ... To make things more complex, lets compare just the engines :wavey:

How can anyone tell the difference between a 32-gtr and 33-gtr engine from physical exterior ... It's easy for the 34-gtr with the red-cover, black CAS, metallic inlet-plenum and best, built in ignitor on coils ... :idea:

So, back to the question, especially for those who so-lucky to own the 32-gtr, 33-gtr, and 34-gtr do points some physical out-look differences (engine) especially between the 32 and 33 ... Photos would be a blessing too ... :adore::adore::adore:

Spare the inlet and exhaust durations, crank sleeve for oli pump, turbo size etc coz they are all internals ... I brought this up because there are so many buyers and engine out there, and any seller can claim they are selling a 33 engine but in-fact it may be a 32 instead ... I have a 33-engine myself to sell, and any buyer can doubt my engine too ... Well, at least mine I could crack open the oil-pump and show him the crank snout instead ... But as for others, it may not be so tolerable :listen:

omaroDDin

Known Member
Dec 25, 2006
alot is different. from the LSD tot he chasis to the engine itself which all complements each series.
for me, the R34 GTR is V-Spec(orhigher spec) is the best cos of the LSD itself.
i'm not very fond of the R33 due to its instability in the corners. R32 is still the classic best if u want. best value for money n can be made better than the R32 with the right amount of funds. :D

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
How much is a bog standard rb26dett complete engine anyway?
What's the cheapest you've seen?

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
alot is different. from the LSD tot he chasis to the engine itself which all complements each series.
for me, the R34 GTR is V-Spec(orhigher spec) is the best cos of the LSD itself.
i'm not very fond of the R33 due to its instability in the corners. R32 is still the classic best if u want. best value for money n can be made better than the R32 with the right amount of funds. :D

Tight corners is due to the shorter wheelbase of the 32 to point in. The 33 has the longest wheebase of all, while the 34 is in between. Well , as we all know what longer and shorter wheelbase are good and don't anyway.

What I am interested if anyone knows, can you tell the differences between a 32 and 33 engine from just the physical outlook of it :confused:

So far, I know of a 34 complete engine for sale (dunno what condition assume good) is going for 17k ... :rolleyes:

Cheapest someone claimed for a 32 (Rb26) engine was 4k but I am abit skeptical ...

What about others? Anyone? Opinions? :confused::hmmmm:

Last edited:

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Yong
4k was kosong and condition darn teruk

seriously
if you driving GTT and plan to covert to GTR ?
i rather advise you to sell off the GTT and get a GTR34

it just extra a bit after you calclulate the cost you spend for the conversion and the bodykit conversion

Bump: Yong

seriously

it just extra a bit after you calclulate the cost you spend for the conversion and the bodykit conversion

omaroDDin

Known Member
Dec 25, 2006
longer wheel base bad bro. makes the R33 perfect for drag though. :S

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Yong

seriously

That's what I thought about the 4k for the 32 engine. Unfortunately some darn compared the price for a 33-complete engine with EVERYTHING to go (just minus the intercooler). But nevermind, it's all about learning here. Hahaha ... :itsme:

I think to convert a GTT to RB26 RWD would set a person back around 20k (kau-tim, since I am willing myself to lower my items for my mech business), with my mechanic in Ipoh. Bodykit, I guess with paint is around 10k (?) ... So, for that price ... it's really up to the person :idea:

Of course, selling the GTT (losing bank interests) for a early model 34-gtr (assume around 180k, condition limited) would be "most" ideal ... :hmmmm:

longer wheel base bad bro. makes the R33 perfect for drag though. :S

Wouldn't say bad, just depending on what condition you use it on. For tight corners, a shorter wheelbase may be more ideal, but for long sweeper, a longer wheelbase may be advantageous given the stability.

Not sure about drags, unless we are talking about 1000+ hps Funny-Car. I may be wrong.

Still no one can tell the difference between a 32 and 33 RB26-engine looking just from the outside?

Last edited:

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
Perhaps this will help

- r33 has a small canister on one of the metal fuel lines running under the front of the plenum, i think it's the return.
- r32 fuel rail has two tabs / tangs on the rear for mounting the lower section of the loom plugs, r33 has one front and one rear.
- the knock sensor loom has a different plug.
- the heater hoses at the rear are larger on the 33 than the 32
-Also Use your R32 GTR dash water temp sensor in the 33 motor.

source from: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums

p/s long wheel base more confy also :P

Last edited:

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Perhaps this will help

- r33 has a small canister on one of the metal fuel lines running under the front of the plenum, i think it's the return.
- r32 fuel rail has two tabs / tangs on the rear for mounting the lower section of the loom plugs, r33 has one front and one rear.
- the knock sensor loom has a different plug.
- the heater hoses at the rear are larger on the 33 than the 32
-Also Use your R32 GTR dash water temp sensor in the 33 motor.

source from: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums

p/s long wheel base more confy also :P

Wow, someone finally shead some light onto this ... :adore::adore::adore:

*Eagerly identifying these differences on the engines ...*

Anymore opinions out there?

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
BUT if you are after 4wd, well make sure that you have enough fund cause at the end of the day a R34 GTR only cost 180K.
This is true. Firstly, 4wd conversion is illegal plus after all is said and done, the car is still not a GTR. So best think it true as calvintys has pointed out the cost of GTRs are getting cheaper.

Complete engine - R32, R33 or R34 ones? When I bought mine about 3-4 months back, the R32s were in the RM3-4k range. I paid RM 12,500 for an R34GTR engine cause I had to replace the block and head.

So far, I know of a 34 complete engine for sale (dunno what condition assume good) is going for 17k ... :rolleyes:

Cheapest someone claimed for a 32 (Rb26) engine was 4k but I am abit skeptical ...

What about others? Anyone? Opinions? :confused::hmmmm:
The R32 price seems consistent with what I've seen but the R34 is abit pricey at RM17k.

seriously

Another wise statement that should not be ignored.

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
Wah, not bad the complete engine prices...even R34 GTR complete engine is 12.5k.

Does this include ancillaries or just engine block?

Anyone seen these engines for sale in KL, how much were they:
1. Tomei complete engine - derive or genesis
2. N1 complete engine
3. Topsecret
4. OS Giken Rb30
5. Aussie or NZ Rb30

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Wah, not bad the complete engine prices...even R34 GTR complete engine is 12.5k.

Does this include ancillaries or just engine block?

Anyone seen these engines for sale in KL, how much were they:
1. Tomei complete engine - derive or genesis
2. N1 complete engine
3. Topsecret
4. OS Giken Rb30
5. Aussie or NZ Rb30
I needed the whole engine cause I pushed the stock engine up to 520atw but brought it down to a sensible 483atw for daily driving and finally it decided to call it quits. Hole the size of your fist on the side of the block and head was gone too.

Actually, the engine was advertised in Motor Trader.

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
seriously
it darn farking phobia buying so called N1, Tomei Engine, 2.8kit whatever is called
since after you paid the purchase and realised it not the mentioned spec engine

i wondering how you all comfirm the internal is correct spec without opening the engine ?
since no way seller will allow you to open it up
i know RB26 N1 have different block no
that all only

but if seller mentioned it Tomei piston, rod, crank bla bla bla inside
how to proof it without opening the engine ?

since many sale i realise.. putting spec like superb modified
but we no idea it real or not

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello every sifu. . I am going to get a recon / second hand car next year. As the title says which one do you guys prefer?
As my self like Subaru but I don't know which maintainers is cheaper and easy to find parts for modifie?
Give me some ideas please..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience