RB20DET mods?

hamzahrashid

hamzahrashid

Aug 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I have an RB20DET engine in my old BMW E28.
My engine is fully stock.
So what mods do i really need to do to the Engine to get my car to around 250-280 bhp?
And i also need to know how much budget do i need.
Thanks guys i will really appreciate your help !

sb3

1,000 RPM

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
I suppose your engine have the baseline ard : 210hp +/- (When new). After deducting parasite loses ie :- ageing engine, g/box, axle, rims , tyres,etc , net power should b around 170hp +/-

By Adding the following :-

- RB25 turbine - 30hp
- exhaust - 10hp
- open pod filter - 5-10hp
- ecu tuning - 5-10hp
- port & polish cyclinder head - 5-10 hp
- Bigger throttle body - 5 hp

That should get your car to that hp you want . Be prepared to pay around RM5000-00 for the parts and labour unless you want to do it yourself. Adding oil cooler to your engine would also help as it will drastically reduce heat to the engine oil.

Last edited:

hamtaro00

Known Member

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
hi bro hamzah, not sure if your car chassis been upgraded before and braking system.

any1 and every1 with some $$ can throw in more horsie, and neglected the above.

back to your question, and as suggested by sb3 is ok. throw in a front mount intercooler as well but mind the size, looks nice but wont perform as nice =) then on fueling as well. if for me (as wat i see on my friend's rb20)

exhaust, air filter, piggyback ecu, bigger TB, cam gears and clutch. except clutch all the above is quite plug and play,and the cam gears to increase some low rpm torque.

my 3 cents yo

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Q1: Is Satria 1.6's chassis much stiffer than 1.3's?

Q2: Is't reliable & safe to fit VR4 RS's 4G63T into Satria 1.3 for long term usage? Damn scare will torture the chassis leh... Forget about JPJ approval... I got my way :D

Q3: Is there huge weight difference between VR4's 4G63T & Evo's 4G63T? Then how about 4G93T? Which one suits Satria best? I don't want front : rear weight ratio over unbalance ler...

Q4: How's the fuel consumption between these 3 respectively when driving...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience