Random Car Pics Part 2

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
wsukun, if you don't mind sharing your photography skills. What settings are the cam on for night shots and I supposed the cam should be on tripod right? as you need longer exposure to get the light trails
bump i wanna know yur secret oso hehe.

wsukun

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2008
London Calling
come on guys. don embarrass me please. amateur like me sharing so called secret? :afraid:
if ask pro like Alexander aka anType or Won aka r3k4hsttub would make more sense to me

regarding trail lights at night, yes, a tripod, reasonable exposure length and try to get creative with incoming cars or stuff.
oh yes, post processing is a must to me regardless even when they say "that must be photoshop!"

and yes, keep practising or adapt it as a hobby or whatever.
believe me when i say idk what is exposure, DOF, aperture, all those geeky photog language when i purchase my very own first digicam. the rest is all history from here.

btw, i assume you guys did capture some shots too right (judging from the way you guys "questioning" me) but afraid to share it?
just share it and let us view it! C&C will do nothing but improve your knowledge about photography!

cheers!

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
come on guys. don embarrass me please. amateur like me sharing so called secret? :afraid:
if ask pro like Alexander aka anType or Won aka r3k4hsttub would make more sense to me

regarding trail lights at night, yes, a tripod, reasonable exposure length and try to get creative with incoming cars or stuff.
oh yes, post processing is a must to me regardless even when they say "that must be photoshop!"

and yes, keep practising or adapt it as a hobby or whatever.
believe me when i say idk what is exposure, DOF, aperture, all those geeky photog language when i purchase my very own first digicam. the rest is all history from here.

btw, i assume you guys did capture some shots too right (judging from the way you guys "questioning" me) but afraid to share it?
just share it and let us view it! C&C will do nothing but improve your knowledge about photography!

cheers!
what knowledge? i just use aperture mode, click on my 35mm f1.8,bump my auto iso to the max of hi-1, set the min shutterspeed to 1/30s (i'm on a nikon) and hope my hands are steady!
but the pic jadi ke tak ka, that's a different story! i prefer the sunny side up when calls fer photography. out of 1K shots, i delete almost 2/4 of em sob sob

i post-proc with lightroom, you have gazillions of free presets on adobe online!

p/s dun wanna mess this thread but somebody gotta start a 'car photography tech thread'.

not the one where you post car pics lar, but the one where you share car photography pics with tips & techs on how to do it. i wanna join oso!

Last edited:

wsukun

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2008
London Calling
so actually my general rule when shooting handheld, I won't go <1/60s.

Car photography tech thread? Seems like a good idea to me.

z34

Known Member
May 5, 2009
basic general rule to follow if you shoot handheld
' dont use shutter speed slower than 1/focal length'

if you shoot handheld at focal point 25mm, dont shoot slower than 1/25s
if you shoot handheld at focal point 250mm, dont shoot slower than 1/250s

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
wsukun, good idea to start a thread for photography tech talk...I also have much to learn...

Best is to use tripod for night shoot or a monopod...I think just focus on the subject then wait for a car to passby or something...and snap...

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Its up guys...share you tech, tips here...
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...car-photography-tech-talk.html#post1063738730

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Was going to post up a random picture of a VW when I read a bit of what's on this page. Actually, with taking pictures, it is really a trial and error thing. I also don't really know much about technique, I'll be honest!

But - if you have really stable hands, then you can always get OK shots in long exposures:

I know this isn't completely sharp (wsukun has seen this pic before), but I shot this with a 50mm, no IS, ISO400, wide open @ F/1.8, 1sec exposure. And yes; this was handheld in a car, whilst I was sitting in the rear, and the car was stopping at a set of lights.

spec-c

1,500 RPM
May 21, 2008
TTDi

drum brakes up front

Last edited:

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Porsche 911 (997) Sport Classic is a very cool car~~~ Nice!!! As far as i know there aint any in Malaysia, but it will cost ard RM1.8mil to bring it in during its launching time~~~ =.=" Its a limited edition collector item... Very very costly!!! Hmm... But very very nice car~~~ ^.^

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

German Volvo tuner Heico Sportiv brought the goods to the 2007 SEMA Show with its S80 T6 HPC Concept. The car has been more than a year in the making and features a 7-layer "aluminum effect" paint job that looks absolutely stunning in person and pretty darn good in pics, too...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience