Rally driver Karamjit can’t defend APRC title

kfze

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
Agreed with Gloker !!!!!

This is sad case, u know why, coz there's no upcoming "bin" on the way, so memang lar macam tu.

They sponsored some idiotic football team that return with nothing to the people.

But Mr Karamjit already proven himselfs to Malaysia and the world that he is the best ! But still, the country dun think he is !!!!

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
mat_7824 said:
Where is PROTON???
No support for Karamjit???
FYI Proton gave Karam a 7 figure sponsorship last year.

Please remember a sponsor wants returns from funds given. In World class events the sponsored individual are reqiured to do appearences , endorsments and what-have-you. Sad to say many Malaysians motorsports figures take the money and forget to do their duties. This in turn kills it for newbies trying to get sponsorship.

Most companies would ask " What's in it for me? I give you money to go racing but what do you give me?"

Think about it.

Kookaburra

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Koala Lampost
hhmmm, was the money given to Karam or PERT? There is a world of difference. Karam does not control PERT, so the money may not end up where it is supposed to be. But I am just speculating :confused:

faisal said:
FYI Proton gave Karam a 7 figure sponsorship last year.

Please remember a sponsor wants returns from funds given. In World class events the sponsored individual are reqiured to do appearences , endorsments and what-have-you. Sad to say many Malaysians motorsports figures take the money and forget to do their duties. This in turn kills it for newbies trying to get sponsorship.

Most companies would ask " What's in it for me? I give you money to go racing but what do you give me?"

Think about it.

andaq

Jun 9, 2005
kuala lumpur
huh?

Glocker said:
You know why? Cuz his name doesn't have a 'bin' in it. Sad but true.
aiyoo is tht so? :confused: i hope not coz if it is, it sucks. :mellow:

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
alexz said:
but alex yoong also no "bin" what...
True, a sponsor wants max exposure for what they give and by sponsoring A. Yoong it's more or less guarenteed as Formula one generates lot of coverage from all media, whereas rallying has a pretty low profile. It's not about being a "bin" as many of you like to put it.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
lancersr20 said:
friends, think positive la.. don't involve religious sentiment here.zth ppl like this meh?
malaysia government do thing based/involves religion/race........tat is d reasons y bumiputra owes benificial....coz malaysia has one policy to protect bumiputra since las las time ago......

this is law..we cant deny.....

malaysia hope all of us become bumiputra to enjoy d benefits.....but we cant do it....coz nenek moyang problem ar.......we r chinese...cannot sudenly masuk islam la....nanti how ppl look at us a.....rite? my 2 cents....

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
bloody blind laaa the G. We actually got sumone who can make us proud. Karamjit should be in Group A already!!!!

Sheesh... no wonder Isa Samad sacked for money politics and he's the party's VP!!!!.(this is a long shot between the issues)

mengelamun

Nov 8, 2004
Karamjit

Guys,

This is what i heard from my friend. Karam has no longer race in APRC coz he already become the N class world champion in 2003. because of that, he is too expert to be in APRC. i also heard that some of the A class Rally team want he to drive their car.. unfortunately, PERT don't want to let him go... without him means no champion.. no champion means no money... thats what i heard!!

killerloop25

Known Member
Aug 31, 2004
Guy's,
These is what I heard from the world champion himself. Karam has pulled out of the APRC/WRC due to not having a car, the money and sponsors. I met Karam two weeks ago and I ask him the very same question that everyone has being asking, 'why can't you defend your title?'. Answer was very simple 'no car,no money and no sponsors so how to race.' What I can say is that Petronas,Eon, Proton, Datuk Azalina, the whole sports ministry and the ruling goverment that all of you guys are either blind or just too ignorant to notice a world champion or that you're are just sleeping on the job and hoping that the un-realistic things in other sports will benefit the country.
Damm Pert sold off all the rallycars and tell our very own world champion that the race to defend the title is over. Don't even try to deny that fact because both the cars have been sold to the indonesian driver Rifat.
Everyone on the PErt team thought that by winning the group N title that the goverment will give more support and that sponsors will flow in but it never did happen.DO YOU KNOW HOW DISSAPOINTING IS THAT??
I would be happy for Karam next year as he'll be racing for Mitsubishi Ralliart Japan. All the best to Karam and I personally lend my outmost support to Karam. Screw Pert since after all these years with them, they never really did appreciate your achivements.
And to the Malaysian Goverment,here's my two cents 'you guys just lost a world class driver to another foreign team.'

killerloop25

Known Member
Aug 31, 2004
The goverment gave datukship to an ape who swam across the english channel with a cage around him. That ape was scared to die in the freezing water thats what it is. His name is Malik Mydin. Karamjit Singh doesn't sound like a Bumi,man. Just not funky enough to earn him datukship. That why KAram is not made Datuk. Karam should have gotten datukship donkey years ago....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

me currently using stock extractor, piping, centre bullet but 5zigen muffler, plannin to change it to a more performance wise set as in one whole set startin fr extractor to muffler.. so the 5zigen muffler gonna go into marketplace categories too

the 5zigen muffler has cost me noticeable few hp accordin to my 'butt dyno', so.. gonna pay a visit to exhaust shop soon; preferably sum branded one like tanabe or sumthin else, budget.. ermm.. around 1k or less i would say :X-:

I hav heard...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience