Rally driver Karamjit can’t defend APRC title

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
killerloop25 said:
Racingmad,
Its not a question of whose team mate you are. Don't think that by you saying you're Adrian Lam's team mate will make me change my standings. My question still stands, what have you contibuted to help all those mention privateers????? If the answer is none then I think you should just move on in life.

You would have helped Nanda or Shazly if you could but its clear that you couldn't have helped them. Period.

I can shoot you down on point blank range anytime because I've helped out this privateers in a way or so. FYI........Charles David, Rozali (x-PERT) and Nanda already had that priviliges and there alot more of privateers to come by in time.

Cool man......Maybe its you who should check who you're talking to before you shoot off your mounth.
killerloop25
Care to share what you've done to help these privateers out ???
As far as I know, youre just another forumer that's carrying Karamjit high in the sky and putting everyone else down... Are you rallying yourself or are you just an avid fan ???

Camon you can tell us... I know most of the fellas in this thread are rallying themselves and not just all talk... racingmad and adrian are both drivers and gary's a navigator, faisal manages, races track and drifts regularly and kenboy used to do a little of both... All are champions with little or no sponsorship at all...

It's not nice to shoot people when youre not in the sport itself (I'm assuming that youre not cause you haven't own up)

CHEERS

DeOngster

500 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
killerloop25 it isnt nice to shoot ppl at all lo... especially if you have nothing to back yourself up... anyways regarding the issue of Karam not being able to race... i think practically almost the whole field of rally teams in the MRC do have their own problems too... he is not the only one who doesnt have the money... i also believe that there are many ppl out there who are incredibly quick in a rally (Adrian Lam for example very fast driver, Khorne and Gary are awesome navigators and drivers) and still have so much room for improvement yet have financial difficulties holding them back...

These people have even bigger opportunity to do better than Karam but because of the lack of fund they carry on with their passion of racing without AS much of complains... if they can race they will race if they cant they wont... I guess Karam will just have to live with it if he doesnt work for his sponsorship nobody is going to throw the money at him...

He should just retire gracefully and share his knowledge with upcoming rally enthusiasts for more participation from the younger generation for the sport to continue growing...

As usual in this world there are many NATO's around (No Action Talk Only)... if one is really dissapointed with the fact a certain hero or idol cant drive, or privateers are having difficulties and cant race, why dont you just help out by selling your car and giving the money to them to race... sometimes think before expressing oneself... can be quite emsbarrassing especially if you are surrounded by a whole load of ppl who know their S#*t... peace out to all

SpeedWanker

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
I Personally feel that Karam should not retire if he's still got the speed.. doesnt mean that just because there are younger fantastic drivers out there, Karam should step down and make way for them.. i dont think malaysia should limit it's self to just one top rally driver.. there's no such thing as only one fund for one driver in malaysia..
i believe there're many huge corperations out there with huge advertising budgets and looking for creative ways to spend it.. for example if karam's being sponsored by coke the maybe adrian should look at pepsi as a posible sponsor..
i know talk can be cheap but i really do believe that it is possible..
we could have a few world champions..we should not stop at only having one coz healthy competition is the only way a nation can improve

Last edited:

SpeedWanker

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
one more thing is its true that good PR skills a must when seeking sponsorship.. it doenst mean that just because u can drive super fast everybody wants to throw money at u.. money, just like love dont come easy and if everybody love u and u can drive fast, there's a good chance that someone would want to associate their brand with u and there's where the money is

taggnas

Jan 20, 2005
Visit site
SpeedWanker said:
one more thing is its true that good PR skills a must when seeking sponsorship.. it doenst mean that just because u can drive super fast everybody wants to throw money at u.. money, just like love dont come easy and if everybody love u and u can drive fast, there's a good chance that someone would want to associate their brand with u and there's where the money is
This Wanker ;) fellow is absolutely right!

Kenboy

Known Member
Apr 23, 2004
SpeedWanker said:
hit the nail on the head.

when a corporation sponsors someone, they need to justify it. why should they do it? how would the person help the corporation? how would the image of the corporation be affected? the sponsored person becomes an ambassador for the corporation. corporations have a responsibility to the board of directors and shareholders to use the money wisely.

hint hint hint.....

DeOngster

500 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
taggnas said:
This Wanker ;) fellow is absolutely right!
LMAO... yeah i guess PR skills have to improve not only driving... haaa... remember all PR and driving go together...

Regarding the retiring of Karam that i have earlier stated... my main intention is to say if he cant afford to rally anymore then retire gracefully and share his knowledge... Let the sport grow...

Peace to all

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
this is what happens when big guns come into sports. if cigarettes companies were allowed to sponsor i'm sure karamjit will be their top choice. retiring...you say so. passion at the end of the day is never snubbed unlike many whom give up. this karam is not standup guy. he walks walk and talks the talk cept in big international championships like this you need the money.

extremeondirt

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Western Aus
killerloop25 said:
Racingmad,
Its not a question of whose team mate you are. Don't think that by you saying you're Adrian Lam's team mate will make me change my standings. My question still stands, what have you contibuted to help all those mention privateers????? If the answer is none then I think you should just move on in life.

You would have helped Nanda or Shazly if you could but its clear that you couldn't have helped them. Period.

I can shoot you down on point blank range anytime because I've helped out this privateers in a way or so. FYI........Charles David, Rozali (x-PERT) and Nanda already had that priviliges and there alot more of privateers to come by in time.

Cool man......Maybe its you who should check who you're talking to before you shoot off your mounth.

ooo..im feeling hot in here...racingmad,killerloop..knowing who both of u really are..i suggest u guyz better stay cool to avoid tools flying around in the service park next time..sked kena my head lar..hehe

killerloop25,
if u know who racingmad really is and what did he contributed or helped..you probably wont say what you've said..not only to the rally drivers, but racingmad also helped me (a non-driver/navigator) in my effort to promote rallying in malaysia.. what im trying to say is that no matter who we are,what role we play in the rally scene, or how we helped..we are all contributing to the rally scene to make things better..

racingmad,
you'll probably be laughing ur arse off behind the comp about all these.. =) oh,not forgetting the diaper part..haha..the article is out on traffic and hypertune..thankz again..

Here's my say: There's plenty of good drivers around,numbers of people who won the APRC/WRC production title..and karam is one of them, but why teams like MRF take jussi valimaki in, chris atkinson super16 winner joins subaru,rally teams in china hire foreigner driver/ navigator to compete for them ..eg, cody croker.. its not like people dont know who is karam or whatever but why there's no team taking karam in or sponsoring him anymore? think before answering.. and Citroen will not compete in WRC next year, sebastian loeb a World Champion goes to a privateer team..whats all these?.. Think again..if you are really that good,..people will look for you instead of you go shouting around "im good u know" and no one wants to layan you..

im not trying to "bang" anyone here or throwing flame to anyone.. juz trying to put some sense to all these arguements...this is racing..a competition..anytime there's someone better out there to prove that u might not be the best..thats a fact..people will improve..

cheers,
daniel

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Such a waste man. Karamjit made it into WRC. That's world class stuff, y'all. This is what I know... only.

Rally ain't easy cos 2 people has to work together, the driver and the co-driver.

Rally ain't easy cos of the varying track conditions like gravel, tarmac, water puddles, etc etc etc.

Rally is rather expensive cos the car is being thrashed and that would require repairs, service, etc.

Allen has reached retirement age, that's why he retired. Is this true ar? hahaha

Taking no sides in this thread, I still feel that it was a waste that Karamjit couldn't get the dough. sigh...

killerloop25,
Karam racing for Jap next year? Cool. Malaysia just wonderfully let go of a potential rally driver to represent another country. Well, whatever it is, would hope that he'll win the races next year when he races for Japs.

Peace out y'all.

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
Damn!! Now we all have dirty rally drivers to talk about liao. :rolleyes: Anyway chill out everyone. I'm getting dirty in the middle from all the mud slinging action!:biggrin: Now where are those methanol, giant intercoolers and aluminum radiators to cool things down? hehehe. *cabut!*

red_cloud

Dec 1, 2005
Hi everyone,
There seems to be an issue that needs clearing up here,
the dog box that was loaned to Karamjit Singh last year by R3 was picked up by myself from Karam's place, when I was working for R3 early this year, I then used the box in my satria(with R3 approval) in 2 rallies and the box was returned to R3 when I left in August. So as far as Karam and myself are concerned the box has been returned to it's rightful owner.

Hope this clears everything up and thanks for the comments about Suresh & myself, Faisal,Ken & the rest of u guys, we appreciate the support.

cheers guys

Nandakumar

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

I have long seen this little interesting stuff and planning to get one myself of course with an alarm system itself.

So in case any of you do not realize what this is. It's called Electro Luminescent Indicator to be stick on window and it blinks gracefully when alarm is armed. Installed example below :

VIPER 620V DEI EL

Question, does this feature...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience