Rain-X

ro@dHogg

Aug 12, 2004
I have been told that Rain-X affect the durability of the glass that it is applied on - changes the molecular structure and makes it more brittle .Something to do with the surface tension apparently ?

My friend has experienced it before when his windscreen suddenly cracked for no reason. That stopped me from trying Rain-X out

It was parked under his proch and he suddenly heard a crack ( new car ) .Nothing could have fallen on it as it was under the porch, and it was a normal sunny day.

Any ideas ?

Broadica

Jul 14, 2004
well.. it could be asembly problem..

this happen especially those car had just hav their winscreen change or replace.. poor workmanship can couse this.

i know.. ur friend drive a new car.. but defect existed.

u know when the asemble the rubbe lining on the screen.. if not done properly... the gab for the glass expand might be to little.. hence when it expand under the hot sun.. it crack..

well... my dad car happen b4.... but long long time ago... it just crack when park under the sun..

so i guess would be some defect.. i dun think rain-x will cause the crack..

WAJA2003

Nov 14, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
I think not the RAIN _X problem larrr.......maybe it is too hot in car,than u friend full open the air cond...than the windscreen pecah lorrr....
But the rain_x will kill wiper 1

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by WAJA2003@Aug 18 2004, 10:55 PM
I think not the RAIN _X problem larrr.......maybe it is too hot in car,than u friend full open the air cond...than the windscreen pecah lorrr....
But the rain_x will kill wiper 1
It was parked under his porch
so i guess the windscreen was not hot at all lo.....hmmm for explaination please refer to the "Ghost story" thread hehe

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
rain_x will kill wiper? use better quality wipers lar... ;)

i dun have any prob wit wipers on all de cars i drive..

my old car sunny130y.. using silicone wiper(duraEdge) for more than 5 years.. still soft soft

now my wira.. using normal rubber wipers.. the brand is samsung.. duno where my dad got from... also no prob...

just dat when u on de wiper.. the blades seem to "tut tut tut" (like lopat lompat ler)
cos de screen is coated wit rain-x mah... n is clean.. if de screen dirty.. then will move smoother..

my 2 cents :)

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
for sure!!
will not cause any defect!
i used more than 7 years!!!
since my father intro it to me