rad fan not stopping

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
dont run it witout a thermostat, the fan not switching off right after the engine has stopped operating is normal, most contis are like this iirc. if its not turning off langsung, then there wud be a problem. iam suspecting a faulty temperature sensor, or a faulty thermostat. for ur case, get a new thermostat
i know that not good to run without thermostat..that why when that pomen said better to run without it make me wonder is this pomen know what he said or not..pomen from a well known campro workshop..i also suspect that water temp sensor making this problem bro extremeleo..thermostat already change 3 unit from diffrent brand alr but all same working temp..could not find low temp thermostat for now..thanx for the advice bro extremeleo..

slipar, has your friend tried a complete ECU reset? Ie- take out the battery terminals and leave overnight and then plug it in the next day?
thanx bro izso..i dont think reset can solve this..bcos remove thermostat the rad fan working normal..but it no harm trying it also..will inform my friend to try this..will update the result later..

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
if the water temperature sensor is at fault, it will switch the fan on indifinitely ie it wud run as long as the engine is running, for safety reason. i suggest u check the wiring for this sensor first before changing it

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
if the water temperature sensor is at fault, it will switch the fan on indifinitely ie it wud run as long as the engine is running, for safety reason. i suggest u check the wiring for this sensor first before changing it
while thermostat still in..rad fan not run while engine run..
but after reach operating temp then fan run non stop..
will check wiring 1st..water temp sensor not cheap to replace i think..
thanx again bro extremeleo..

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
hi all neo owner..
my friend car got some issue..
car is neo 1.6 auto with no mod..
got some issue about the cooling system..
is it normal for the fan to run non stop when engine reach operating temp..
before reach operating temp fan not running..
but after reach operating temp fan run non stop..
if on air cond before reach operating temp fan run n stop but after reach operating temp fan non stop run..
is it normal or maybe the cooling got some issue..
change thermostat n water temp sensor alr..
thanx in advance..
mayb got leaking on the radiator hose.....mine also got the same problems....usually got leak on the hose near the intake....

J Neo

Oct 17, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
bro.. this problem happend to me once.. try change your rad fan relay. the relay is in big fuse box in the engine bay.. work for me..

senbe84

Known Member
Apr 25, 2008
So,is there any update on this problem?i'm having the same issue too.wanna know how to solve it.

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
update..problem solve..
for those having this same problem..the main culprit is the rad fan..for this car la..if other car maybe differ..
but..solve it the hard way for my friend..the car overheat one day at kesas..go workshop open engine..
campro engine overheat..block n head bengkok already..major overhaul, skim head, block n piston..
finish install back..rad fan same problem..not stopping..rad fan relay got ticking..try to change rad fan motor..
boom problem solve..maybe got hantu inside..hehehe..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi otai2 / king2.

My Case
I have one humble Wira SE (1.5 Auto) and I’m keen to do a GSR 4G93T halfcut swap from Japan stock. Currently, I have a new Myvi D20N-Advance (2018) as my daily ride. Though, I plan to pass this car down to my future wife for her commute to work to replace her Altis 1.8G 2009. I’m working in Klang as a HR Manager with gross income of 7k monthly with the Myvi loan only (no house commitment but soon in 2020). The reason for the swap is because of the car...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience