Racing License Question

zhome

Jun 30, 2014
I have search everywhere about racing license at Google Search and ZTH Forum.

ZTH link here : http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=168337

And i understand is :
1. Go to AAM to apply for Racing License
2. Medical Checkup
3. Join the club <<this one i'm not sure because i'm from penang and the club is not active anymore
and i heard AAM will handle this for me if i am applying? correct me if i'm wrong.

If someone know about Racing License or own the license before can you confirm this for me.
1. one of the AAM rules that i found in the pdf said as this
"I agree not to organize or participate in any event, which are not sanctioned by the AAM. I may only participate in events, which are sanctioned by the AAM or with prior permission from AAM"

The event that i know that is using Racing License is MSFRacing and Malaysia Championship Series that is affiliated with AAM.

How about normal competition such as Time Attack that is organized which is racing license not required, like in my place got Penang Time Attack near with Stadium Batu Kawan, or Elite Speedway Circuit, Litar Dato Sagor.
If i got the Racing License approve by the AAM, that's mean normal event like i mention above i cannot participate at all because of the rule or i still can participate?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I have search everywhere about racing license at Google Search and ZTH Forum.

ZTH link here : http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=168337

And i understand is :
1. Go to AAM to apply for Racing License
2. Medical Checkup
3. Join the club <<this one i'm not sure because i'm from penang and the club is not active anymore
and i heard AAM will handle this for me if i am applying? correct me if i'm wrong.

If someone know about Racing License or own the license before can you confirm this for me.
1. one of the AAM rules that i found in the pdf said as this
"I agree not to organize or participate in any event, which are not sanctioned by the AAM. I may only participate in events, which are sanctioned by the AAM or with prior permission from AAM"

The event that i know that is using Racing License is MSFRacing and Malaysia Championship Series that is affiliated with AAM.

How about normal competition such as Time Attack that is organized which is racing license not required, like in my place got Penang Time Attack near with Stadium Batu Kawan, or Elite Speedway Circuit, Litar Dato Sagor.
If i got the Racing License approve by the AAM, that's mean normal event like i mention above i cannot participate at all because of the rule or i still can participate?

*there is written exam need to be taken during license application (for first time application)

well, un-sanction event u can join but u cant claim any medical fee thru the racing license insurance if anything happens in those unsanctioned event...

but u no need to worry...most is held at club level competition... so it is still considered as legal race

zhome

Jun 30, 2014
Fuhh, thats a relieved...
I thought i cant participate. Ok thank you pomen gtr for the confirmation.
And another question is participate in club is compulsory for racing license? Because many club is inactive

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
And another question is participate in club is compulsory for racing license? Because many club is inactive
only sanctioned events require a racing license

There has been talks about AAM revoking their AAM racing licence from their members for participating in non-AAM sanctioned events, ie MAM sanctioned events during the early days of SNF (used to be MSF) but i don't think they enforced this.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
usually those club level competition do provide group insurance coverage policy (usually by MAM)...why is covering all competitor as a group....

as for racing license, most club level competition like gymkhana/time attack doesnt require racing license...

but atleast take initiative to study race regulations,dos and donts in the track as well as flag colour code/track rule....

zhome

Jun 30, 2014
Wow, so need to becareful then...

Yes, i study all the knowledge that about track because if not cannot give 100% focus when racing if wondering in the head "what is that, why like that, ehhhhh?" haha.

Thanks TOM and Pomen GTR, it is really helping to know about this, i have been asking people that participating and have participated before also but they think want to share about it or not, there is some like 5-6 people that share with me but not all of it. So i thought it is a confidential thing because not many people sharing about it.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wow, so need to becareful then...

Yes, i study all the knowledge that about track because if not cannot give 100% focus when racing if wondering in the head "what is that, why like that, ehhhhh?" haha.

Thanks TOM and Pomen GTR, it is really helping to know about this, i have been asking people that participating and have participated before also but they think want to share about it or not, there is some like 5-6 people that share with me but not all of it. So i thought it is a confidential thing because not many people sharing about it.
Welcome to the real world. There are people who are willing to share and there are some who will just keep it to themselves. I am not a racer that is why I did not chip it, and let those who are to give you a better picture, like bro. pomen and Tom who are both are racing enthusiasts.....:driver:

zhome

Jun 30, 2014
Welcome to the real world. There are people who are willing to share and there are some who will just keep it to themselves. I am not a racer that is why I did not chip it, and let those who are to give you a better picture, like bro. pomen and Tom who are both are racing enthusiasts.....:driver:
Yes, really appreciated to TOM and Pomen GTR bro and who willing to share about racing. I thought why this thing not really outside there and people know about it. While a long time ago, racing in a circuit or event was a thing that is popular.
First event i go was at ZeroToHundred Time Attack Sepang Circuit in year 2015 when the Pro Driver Nob Taniguchi came here. I was like wow, this stuff exist because i like car, driving fast, do stuff to my car mechanically and i thought why this is not known to people. And i agree driving fast on highway was fun but at the same time it is not because i worry about other people that is driving secara berhemah di atas jalan. Since then i try to find a way so i can be fast and competitive after i go to the event.

Yes, racing need to invest money and time to it but at least it fun and satisfied, Lose and Win is Competition culture. The first event i enter was Time Attack event in Penang, i did not win it but the experience is fun. It is satisfying.and i event have duit tabung that i name it "Tabung Racing" to separate it,(because bill still have to paid astro,electric,water haha):driver:

and now Sepang Circuit did not have F1 Formula anymore for a while, i hope the money now can be use to repair the facility for new event that is coming and let normal people can participate too. Is it to join event that is venue at Sepang Circuit usually need Racing License?:proud:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
It's true, many people are clueless about the ins and outs of racing in Malaysia. Even I too was illiterate at one point. When I participated in my first race some years back, the only thing i knew is I needed a racing license to begin with. I then found out it was just a piece of green manila card, which only required a quick Q&A , some money and that's it.

Yes, really appreciated to TOM and Pomen GTR bro and who willing to share about racing. I thought why this thing not really outside there and people know about it. While a long time ago, racing in a circuit or event was a thing that is popular.
First event i go was at ZeroToHundred Time Attack Sepang Circuit in year 2015 when the Pro Driver Nob Taniguchi came here.
that's awesome to know, I hope you enjoyed your time our last TTA in 2015!

zhome

Jun 30, 2014
that's awesome to know, I hope you enjoyed your time our last TTA in 2015!
Yes, it is really exciting to see that many car TimeAttack, is it another ZTH TimeAttack will be held soon?

zhome

Jun 30, 2014
Thank you for answering the question. I will chase my dream. thank you so much

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello all sifus,
need ya help....
Last july stuck in roadblock and then JPJ give me letter to go inspetion, a week after that my car accident and I forgot about it. I even lost the letter.huhu.

Today i check my car no plate at JPJ website and its blacklisted. What is the best way to settle this. My car is currently doing wide body and is in painting processs now. can endorse like this?

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience