racing clutch with standard pressure plate

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
my friend told me if i want to get better grip on clutch without the car jumping is to use racing clutch with a standard pressure plate not the racing one for kelisa. i think its a good idea but anyone tried before? any long term bad effect?

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
seems to work fine for me..standard 1.6 pressure plate, but using semi racing organic BR clutch..grip is there, but the comfort of a standard pressure plate.. no need 4 hard left foot pressing..
btw,car is a wira 4G91 manual....
Few frens doing the same as well,..so far,no problem.... :)
Frens eg4, B18CR, using original 1.8 pressure plate but racing clutch... also gives good grip, and the normal clutch feel...just to give another example...

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
thanx for the info sir, i still think it shud be the other way around. clutch wears out when the slip, slip happens because the pressure arent distributed sufficiently or simply they isnt enough pressure to begin with. reversing what uve done shud give a better lifespan for the clutch plate imo, and better overall grip. the material in the std clutch shudnt be dat bad for a std motor imo

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Hrmm,..logical also about what you mention...but by using racing pressure plate,..it will be hard right??
But if both way works,thats good....hehehee..it depends how we like it..have not tried ur way though....

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
iam looking at reliability point of view, to create a condition which helps to lengthen the life of the clutch plate. its not the only way though, i see ur method works as well :)

my method may need u to change to a bigger clutch pump to maintain the original level of comfort, depending on the hardness level of the pressure plate. i like it firm fyi, for dat instantaneous grip

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

where to get steel hose for my fuel line?

can someone point me to where can i purchase steel braided hose for my fuel line which hooks up to my fuel pressure regulator? i think mine cracked cause it is leaking. my ride is an evo7.

thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience