Racing Clutch , OEM Clutch , Pressure Cover

jinkl-

500 RPM
Mar 3, 2005
Klang
Ok here it goes,
I am facing slips with exedy normal clutch
I have in my mind to change to exedy semi racing
but then some of them warned me of Clutch Pump frequent failure , true ?
What if i put a racing clutch with OEM pressure cover , how ?
and anyone here on triniti clutch with oem covers ?
thanks a million.

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Need strong legs ....

Bro, with the power you're making sure slip wan ... go straight to exedy or some other branded or proven ones. I run the exedy semi race clutch and so far the E3 clutch pump ok. Change oil often (RM15 onli wat) and dont always dump your clutch la ... nurse is on 1st and 2nd and gun it on the third onwards ...

Racing clutch with OEM covers is a no no due to the force of the cover and power of the engine you might burn the clutch and also destroy the flywheel.. just get the 3 puck superman underwear semi race clutch.. and build up your left leg .... :rolleyes:

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
jinkl- said:
Ok here it goes,
I am facing slips with exedy normal clutch
I have in my mind to change to exedy semi racing
but then some of them warned me of Clutch Pump frequent failure , true ?
What if i put a racing clutch with OEM pressure cover , how ?
and anyone here on triniti clutch with oem covers ?
thanks a million.
Yes. I am using OEM Pressure Plate ( Clutch cover ) with Triniti Cera-metallic Solid Hub Friction Disc.

Result, I get superd bite without making one one leg bigger than the other. In other words, u get the same pedal pressure as the OEM with better bite.

DjRevo`

Known Member
May 8, 2005
Ipoh Mali
bro i reckon u go for exedy full race.. i'm using triniti 6 puck with exedy full race cover it's not bad performance wise but its jerky... before this i used a MMC cover but it broke as it can't hold too much of pressure... so if u are to use triniti might as well u get the exedy full race cover or just go for the exedy full race clutch..

gggti

Known Member
Apr 1, 2005
n/a
Ya la ,go for full race cover, u will feel damn damn hard at first but after 1 week of traffic jam ,then is ok liao.

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
DjRevo` said:
bro i reckon u go for exedy full race.. i'm using triniti 6 puck with exedy full race cover it's not bad performance wise but its jerky... before this i used a MMC cover but it broke as it can't hold too much of pressure... so if u are to use triniti might as well u get the exedy full race cover or just go for the exedy full race clutch..
Oh my! U have similar configuration as what I have now.. u said ur MMC clutch cover broke ar? Damn.. now u making me worried. :( May I know what car u drive? Did u mod ur engine? How much horses?

Apparently there are 2 types of friction disc. First type is called Spring hub disc and the other which are commonly found in race clutch system is called Solid hub disc - like Triniti.

Normal car uses Spring Hub, so that the engagement is smoother as compared to a solid hub disc. But solid hub disc enables quicker engagement.

The semi race Exedy clutch system is using a higher clamp load clutch cover but using a Spring hub disc, which explains why it's smoother. I heard the Semi race Exedy is using organic friction disc.. is this true? If it is, then organic friction disc might not last as long as ceramic-metallic friction disc.

cypress8

1,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2004
Visit site
if you're still using the stock proton/local made clutch pumps, then it's a bad idea to install the semi or race clutch. If you're having a japanese made clutch pump (comes with the halfcut), then should be ok, simply because the japanese made clutch pumps are more reliable and last longer.

I already changed 4 clutch pumps since I installed the exedy semi-race. Getting the evo one from Carcass real soon.

DjRevo`

Known Member
May 8, 2005
Ipoh Mali
Initial D mine GSR stock standard... it couldnt hold the pressure it broke and it also harmed my gear box... i had to change my gear box .. result to it my old gear box i lost my 1st and 2nd gear... car was moving slowly but rpm and boost was flying...

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
after 2 years of quite hard driving, using exedy semi race clutch cover n 3 puck clutch disc, 3 gearboxes, and 2 clutch pumps already. hehehe

engine: 4G61

p/s dunno whether gearbox n clutch pump failures are related to the usage of racing clutch set...

speedking

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
i face the same problem too...
i'm not running turbo engien, using Dot 4 oil...change master and secondary clutch pump, and using mitsu local clutch plate and cover...

now clutch tend to slip...dunno wat is wrong...

Pot78

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Perak
Hi ALL sifu. May i ask that now my evo2 engine clutch pump is 3/4" (not sure original o not, came with half cut) now my clutch pump change to waja 1 a little bit bigger 13/16". My question is is there the clutch pedal heavy feeling still same with putra or more heavy? Any after market selling? brand? Thank you.

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
sorry for digging this old post up.
but i just need to ask from experienced sifu.
I am thinking to have this clutch set up for my gti - Trinity 6 puck together with exedy cover.
Am just wondering if you could give me a more detailed experience on this clutch (though i know it could be like 4 years ago....)
And most importantly is the issue of it being used as a daily driven car.
How hard is the clutch gonna be?

really gonna appreciate if any sifu here could help.

kezman

Known Member
Dec 5, 2007
KL
Guys, I've some enquiries too. I'm now using Exedy semi-racing clutch for my Gen2 but the car feels jerky when releasing my clutch on 1st gear. Is that normal for such clutch? Also I was told that it is better for me to change the clutch bearing too. Will that help?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Engine died many times, uncountable times precisely. Must be the fuckerama idling problem, need to tune.

Another question is, i'm using K&N filter for 1.6/1.8 (but mine is 1.3), will there be any problem? Right after I fix this Air filter, the problem occur.

Before this, my idling isn't that bad, but still fugged up I know. I couldn't start the car easily, have to step on the oil pedal when I turn on the ignition.

Any good workshop to do tuning?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience