R3 At Dangga Bay

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
I have never driven one nor even viewed one before.

But Ninja Iga, assuming everything is constant and stock, with a bottle of Tufoil inside, I am sure you will have a slighly better chance to stand at the podium than others.

Others could be using stuff that actually retard their performance without them realising it.

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
hi FocalPoint,

THANK YOU for sponsoring a bottle of TufoiL for my race at Proton Edar's SSO 1.5 Danga Bay :)

YES you are right!
our (forummer Crash's actually) is bone stock R3, only PiperCross drop-in filter, other than that, it's got 10,000km on the clock when i poured in TufoiL just before we headed down to Johor.

When we were cruising along the highway, engine response was smoother! And soon, illegal speeds were just plain EASY with 3 guys and luggage on board.
(caution: we do NOT encourage SPEEDING :lol: )

and over-taking was felt, well, as if the car had only the driver in it. B) Car was 'lighter'..

during the event, 1st gear, 2nd gear red-lining is the norm for this type of courses.
AND we kept the engine running throughout the entire 4hour event!
no overheat WHATSOEVER :) and we had the air-con running too! (switched off during the runs, of course)

oh btw, i got 2nd place in the 1.8-2.0 class, the Hung category, which had an assortment of cars like the Putra, Lotus Elise(!) Civics, SEG, Satria GTi track cars, etc..
it was a fiercely competed class, where the top 5 runners have very close times :unsure:

i managed a best run of 47.89secs(!!) :blink:
my previous runs were 49.21, 49.01

here's some pics :)

for more pics,
http://zerotohundred.com/forums/index.php?...27&#entry905827

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Congratulations, Ninja on the podium finish.

I knew you would certainly made it unless you had a tyre puncture!

For the kind of race you took part in, 6000 -8000 rpm, low gears, full throtttle, your engine bearings are really begging for mercy. They are all growling under the high engine heat and insufficient transfer speed of lubricants as if they are all going to fail.

Do you remember watching the Tufoil video where it shows the 4-ball test and Tufoil lasted 16 calendar days while most others burned out within minutes? This video episode best describes the conditions of all the competing engines at Dangga Bay.

Almost all things were stock with the exception of Tufoil and NINJA - a competetion's driver to be greatly admired and watched.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
How is this famous winning R3 car now that Tufoil is inside for over 2 month's already? Feedbacks?

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
One R3 with a bottle of Tufoil came down all the way from Kuala Lumpur " in a silent way " to Dangga Bay last week.

This place is known as a happy hunting ground for those looking for honours and a square foot space on the podium is all that you will get should you win the fight.

Bravo! Ninja-san, you won yet again.

By the way, that Tufoil sticker on the car adds some unnecessary unsprung weight but it sure took tons of burden off that R3 engine.Besides, if you were to take away those fancy R3 body stickers, this winning car is actually " a wolf in sheep's clothing " !

Cheers!

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Sifus,

Need opinion on the problem that i facing rite now.

I'm driving eg6. There are 2 problems with my car:

1) When i'm driving the car, i will smell strong smoke fumes in side my car. Fastest i go, stronger the smell come in. Have check exhaust system for any leak, nil finding.

2) I park car at open space parking. The thing is, when i going out for lunch, the aircond is not working. Can feel the air come in but not sejuk. after a while, the aircond start cooling the car...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience