Questions on Accord Euro R CL7

MadCow76

Known Member
May 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all Sifu's,

I am on a look out for an Accord Euro R CL7. So far there are not that many in the market on 0to100, Mudah or carlist.

1 thing did crossed my mind is the engine, I have seen 2 different types of engine, one with the red engine block and the other is the grey/silver engine block and both are manual.

So, my questions are:
What is the difference between these 2 engines?
How available are the body parts here in Kuala Lumpur?

Looking forward to hear from sifus on this matter.

Cheers...

stendedje

Apr 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
im not an expert..
but there is a huge difference in power between the red top and the black top..
the red top is known as the Euro R which originally came out with K20 Type R 220hp engine which commonly found in DC5 Type Rs.. However, the black top ones offer a standard K20 150-155hp engines as found in Malaysian 2.0l civics.. However, there are another powerful variant known as CL9s which offers 2.4l engine with 200hp commonly known as CL9 type S..

in terms of spare part, you can always look for halfcut as it shares the same engine with EP3s and DC5s.. even CL7 halfcuts are easier to get now as there is a huge demand in K20 engine which comes with it.. small parts could be found in Jalan Ipoh or Glenmarie.. Ive changed the oem rear bearing and clutch before.. i even ordered a set of driveshafts for under 1k.. so i think the parts are easy to get..

my advice, go for Euro R!
hope this helps :D

MadCow76

Known Member
May 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hi stendedje,

Thanks for your reply, however I'm still not clear about whichh engine is supposed to be in the Euro R to be the real deal.

Does this mean the Accord Euro R's that has the black top engine is not the real Euro R? How do we tell if it's the real thing?

Hope you or someone can help clarify this for me as I'm currently on the lookout for a CL7 Accord Euro R.

Cheers...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Hi stendedje,

Thanks for your reply, however I'm still not clear about whichh engine is supposed to be in the Euro R to be the real deal.

Does this mean the Accord Euro R's that has the black top engine is not the real Euro R? How do we tell if it's the real thing?

Hope you or someone can help clarify this for me as I'm currently on the lookout for a CL7 Accord Euro R.

Cheers...
if not mistaken the euro r supposed to have the red engine head with manual 6sp tranny, the blacktop head is just std auto version.

regarding your query the euro r with black head engine could be a converted one.

similar to dc5r 6sp manual & auto version (non type R)

MadCow76

Known Member
May 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
if not mistaken the euro r supposed to have the red engine head with manual 6sp tranny, the blacktop head is just std auto version.

regarding your query the euro r with black head engine could be a converted one.

similar to dc5r 6sp manual & auto version (non type R)
Thanks for the clarification DanzEterna...

Anyone who knows or have an Accord CL7 Euro R for sale, please let me know...seems very difficult to find a proper CL7 Euro R for sale now...

Cheers

covenant

Feb 9, 2013
Kedah
want to ask..

just bought a CL7A, after 1 week driving it i heard knocking sound came from front left wheel. asked a friend he said thats the common CL7 issue after 100,000km, ball joint problem. anybody here know how much its cost? can i get the original one at most spare part shops?

USJ101

Known Member
Aug 1, 2009
Selangor
want to ask..

just bought a CL7A, after 1 week driving it i heard knocking sound came from front left wheel. asked a friend he said thats the common CL7 issue after 100,000km, ball joint problem. anybody here know how much its cost? can i get the original one at most spare part shops?
Have u solved your problem? :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi, my altis has this tyre size and the brand is bridgestone. i want to get michelin but i found out that michelin only has 205/55/16. is it better to put the bigger tyre or use bridgestone with the same size instead?

advise needed. thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience