Qns on t25 BOT on 4G13

traveller78

Oct 2, 2005
Hi guys, Powerzone replied me. they said they can export a 260 deg performance camshaft at RM 1300+. which translate to SG 600+
I think quite reasonable. The only worry is to get a good workshop in SG to install it. If i were to get the camshaft what are the things i need to look into?

Another option is to TC my car. Saw on yahoo some chap selling a t25 turbine, S13 intercooler and nissan manifold (need to customise to fit my engine) for SG$500. Which i think is a steal. However, a few qns cos i'm not verse in TC. What are the things i need to look into? My engine has ran 180000km. I working on a budget so I'm looking at a low boost of 0.5bar. Cos not going racing my car just want some power. i already have unichip so ecu should be easy to settle.

The chap said that he used the setup for 2 months and was on 0.8bar boost all the way. Anything i should take note? if i wanna keep my engine internal stock?

dev

Known Member
Dec 26, 2003
Pert, Australia
my only advise dun do that... u will regret later... cause u r goin to keep spending more n more money later down the track... as u say ur milage its already 180k... thats alot.. if want just convert... dun R&D ur 180k milage engine.... im pretty sure u will regret.... :smile:

traveller78

Oct 2, 2005
icic...
thats what i'm worried abt. due to the mileage of the engine, TC will be very dangerous will cause accelerate wear and tear.

how abt the performance camshaft?

dev

Known Member
Dec 26, 2003
Pert, Australia
since ur engine also run 180k already, y not u wait 4 ur engine life to kong 1st... then u transplant to 4g91 o sumthing.. i guess the power will b much better compared to a 4g13 wit cams... think bout it bro... 260 cam, ur engine can idle o not? i would say just wait 4 ur engine life to kong 1st... at the time being safe ur money 4 ur future engine... :biggrin:

traveller78

Oct 2, 2005
aiyo bro, i live in Singapore. Changing engine illegal :( hehe
so i tot of changing cam. I'm still doing research on the cam. Haven't decided yet. Not sure if it can idle properly. But according to powerzone it can fit a wira engine similar to my 4G13.

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
bolt on eterna td025 turbine..low boost wit smaller turbine will get better response...

thicker metal gasket to lower down the compression...

bigger size injector so tat enuf fuel to supply...

fuel pump....

at 0.3-0.5bar..u can even not use intercooler also...

dev

Known Member
Dec 26, 2003
Pert, Australia
drive down to malaysia n do it.. muahahhaha erm, if in that case i would say dun do anything... just continue using ur 4g13... thats just my advise only.. :biggrin: all the best, bro...

traveller78

Oct 2, 2005
Yong_5290 said:
bolt on eterna td025 turbine..low boost wit smaller turbine will get better response...

thicker metal gasket to lower down the compression...

bigger size injector so tat enuf fuel to supply...

fuel pump....

at 0.3-0.5bar..u can even not use intercooler also...
is that all i need for low boost turbo? How come dont need intercooler for 0.4 -0.5 boost? what would the rough cost be? cos in SG fixing up a TC setup would be ard 2-3k man... very ex... what i know is the customising the pipings is expensive. other than that anything else i should take note of? can u name the parts in sequence for me and what i should look out for? thanks.

traveller78

Oct 2, 2005
dev said:
drive down to malaysia n do it.. muahahhaha erm, if in that case i would say dun do anything... just continue using ur 4g13... thats just my advise only.. :biggrin: all the best, bro...

hehe.. there are hardcore ppl ard in singapore also... just very discreet. never tell anyone what they did... i'm just dont have the guts haha... cos if i'm caught with swapped engine there goes my car man.. hehe anyway thanks for the info.

I just wanna learn more with the knowledge exchange. :)

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
tats not the onli thing lah..but those i listed as a few things which is important..
since u mention u have unichip for management already...

the intercooler piping is rm 700 here..not sure how much will it cost over there...
if u intend to put a intercooler...well..mayb for show off a bit...(not saying u...if i got also i will show out...ahahha) get eterna intercooler lah...its a bit bigger than gsr 1..good for front mount rather than gsr 1 side mount...

sg fixing a TC setup 2-3k..is ok...but if SG dollar than wei..xpensiv wor...better do things in over here than...much much cheaper...
then if not can super charge ur engine also at tat price of rm 3k....

traveller78

Oct 2, 2005
its SG$2 - 3k... very ex...
huh? me dont wanna show off la... :p
illegal to TC a NA car in SG. I wanna be as secretive as possible.
GSR is side mount? how abt the S13? Its quite small also. Should be side mount also right?

So i consolidate what u mention.

What i need for low boost
1) TDO4 turbo
2) Manifold
3) BOV?
4) intercooler?

What i have

1) CAI
2) IHE
3) Unichip

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
wah....turbo charge also illegal ar?

i think u better dun run 0.5 lah...run a bit lower...0.35 or 0.4...

td04(of coz smaller better...but this 1 u next time wan to up boost still can..)
metal gasket...1.0mm/1.5mm...to lower down the compression and be on the save side
injector n fuel pump upgrade...together wit proper management to supply fueling
custom manifold for the turbine and piping to ic till t.body
altho some look small but its thick..so u better check it out..the eterna is is quite small but very thin onli...big ic will make u feel lag...
bov...if u dun plan to high boost and wan to be secretive...use stock 4g93t 1 loh...

i think tats all lah...

traveller78

Oct 2, 2005
Yong_5290 said:
wah....turbo charge also illegal ar?

i think u better dun run 0.5 lah...run a bit lower...0.35 or 0.4...

td04(of coz smaller better...but this 1 u next time wan to up boost still can..)
metal gasket...1.0mm/1.5mm...to lower down the compression and be on the save side
injector n fuel pump upgrade...together wit proper management to supply fueling
custom manifold for the turbine and piping to ic till t.body
altho some look small but its thick..so u better check it out..the eterna is is quite small but very thin onli...big ic will make u feel lag...
bov...if u dun plan to high boost and wan to be secretive...use stock 4g93t 1 loh...

i think tats all lah...
Actually, is it possible to get all the stock TC from 4G91 and plonk into my car? cos all very small stuff right?
Can i ask if i can minimise the psst psst sound from the BOV? best if there is no sound hehe

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
4g91 dun have TC 1 o...
just tat the xhaust manifold from 4g93t is ame wit 4g91...so easier to bolt on from 4g93t turbine onto 4g91
but urs need to custom made...
use stock BOV...no sound loh...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi to all sifus ,
just wanna know that do Honda Civic 1.7 version able to transplant a B18cR engine in ?
if any sifus know whr can do it , hope sifus can provide more info on this dream project of mine .
thanks alot :wavey:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience