Proton Wira 4G93 Jerking Problem

CharmCheeBye

Sep 6, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hello to all forumers... Im a newbie in here and i need some help

I own a proton wira 1996 1.6cc
Last 3 week my car got problem and need to overhaul so the mechanic suggest me upgrade to 4g93 sohc... just need to change block & head..others can use back the old stuff from old engine..

About 2 week i use this car, its really nice n much more powerful compare to original engine 4g92p.. fuel consumption is great. my long run test is from Kepong > Mersing using Lekas>Kuala Pilah>Jempol>Serting>Keratong>Kuala Rompin>Mersing which about 400km and cost me RM65... For Me the fuel consumption is good

On the way back home from mersing the problem occur... My car started to jerk whenever i tried to gain more power during overtake / cruise.

I already change those things but still the problem occur :-

1- distributor
2- spark plug
3- spark plug cable
4- petrol filter

Can anyone give me a help on whats going on with my car

Thanks

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hello to all forumers... Im a newbie in here and i need some help

I own a proton wira 1996 1.6cc
Last 3 week my car got problem and need to overhaul so the mechanic suggest me upgrade to 4g93 sohc... just need to change block & head..others can use back the old stuff from old engine..

About 2 week i use this car, its really nice n much more powerful compare to original engine 4g92p.. fuel consumption is great. my long run test is from Kepong > Mersing using Lekas>Kuala Pilah>Jempol>Serting>Keratong>Kuala Rompin>Mersing which about 400km and cost me RM65... For Me the fuel consumption is good

On the way back home from mersing the problem occur... My car started to jerk whenever i tried to gain more power during overtake / cruise.

I already change those things but still the problem occur :-

1- distributor
2- spark plug
3- spark plug cable
4- petrol filter

Can anyone give me a help on whats going on with my car

Thanks
You mentioned you have already changed 1 to 4, means when doing the overhaul?
Spark plug problem can get that problem. Low revs no problem, high revs misfire, but can be other things also...

For outstation run, RM65 for 400km is not really that good. Roughly 12.9km/l, some mention their cars can do 12km/l in town.....:hmmmm:

CharmCheeBye

Sep 6, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
1-4 item been changed after the jerking problem exists... change those things 3 days ago...

any other factors?

** regarding fuel consumption, satisfies with it coz only about 50km highway ( LEKAS ) other than that is Jalan Kampung with lots of car and jammed

Last edited:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
You mentioned you have already changed 1 to 4, means when doing the overhaul?
Spark plug problem can get that problem. Low revs no problem, high revs misfire, but can be other things also...

For outstation run, RM65 for 400km is not really that good. Roughly 12.9km/l, some mention their cars can do 12km/l in town.....:hmmmm:
My Persona Auto RM77 for 350-400 town driving. lol

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
the distributor is replaced with a used one or recon?
i am guessing recon part.
me personally i will go for used part than recon.

it was ok after the overhaul and the swap but only happen recently...
my guess;
1.improper connection within the ignition system.
2.fuel pump

a loose battery terminal will cause jerking too.

CharmCheeBye

Sep 6, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
distributor : half cut condition...

1 : improper conection : mind to elaborate ?
2 : fuel pump : fuel pump may coz jerking too?

As i said above : original car is wira 1.6 4g92p... i transplant to 4g93 by using engine lantai ( head n block )... other use back 4g92p item... is there anything wrong with this? coz most of workshop said 4g92p > 4g93 sohc doesnt need change wiring ecu etc... only swap and change timing belt set

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Which part?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If fuel pump, mentioned by bro. gunnerzz probably pressure not strong enough as you mention only jerk when at higher end when need more fuel...could be possible....

CharmCheeBye

Sep 6, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
is there anything wrong with my installation?

4g92p > 4g93sohc... engine lantai ( head + blok )... others use back original item

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
is there anything wrong with my installation?

4g92p > 4g93sohc... engine lantai ( head + blok )... others use back original item
Maybe fuel feed in not enough as 4G92P is 1.6 and 4G93 is 1.8, and you are using back everything to run a 1.6....

CharmCheeBye

Sep 6, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Problem Solved...The Distributor i bought from Hafkat Shop IS Already "Kapuk"

Foreman replace it with a new distributor and it solved the jerking problem

*** Additional Question : Can suggest me a suitable performance spark plug... iridium or platinum... how good it is... currently im using aerospeed cable plug...thanks

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
To me spark plugs don't improve performance. Iridium and platinum are just more lasting....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The price of cars in Malaysia may not go any lower if the government removes the various duties imposed on imported automobiles, said International Trade and Industry Deputy Minister Jacob Dungau Sagan.

He said there are various factors that are outside of the government's control in determining the price of imported cars, such as component prices and foreign exchange rates.

“Reduction of duties...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience