Proton wins electric vehicle challenge

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Proton has taken a huge leap in the electric vehicle race by winning the Best Range Extender Electric Vehicle category in the inaugural Brighton to London Future Challenge with the Exora Extended Range Electric Vehicle.

The challenge is organised by the Royal Automobile Club in England and is a contest for electric, hybrid and low-emission vehicles. The categories are Full Electric (EV), Hybrid (HEV) and Extended Range EV (E-REV) as well as the Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) with up to 110g/km in CO2 emissions.

Winners are selected based on the lowest energy consumption on the 91.2km drive from Brighton to London. The Exora won the E-REV category after consuming just 2.2-liters of petrol for the drive. A total of 64 cars took part in the various categories and Proton even had the Saga Electric running in the EV class.

Proton’s entry was a collaboration with one of its tech partners, Frazer-Nash Research.

“To be able to participate in a challenge like this presented a great opportunity for us to demonstrate our technological capabilities and commitment in developing highly efficient fuel vehicles that are also environmentally friendly. It was a means for us to showcase how far we’ve come in such a short period of time. It is also proof on how Proton is moving forward into the future and this technology is the right way to do it,” said Datuk Haji Syed Zainal Abidin Syed Mohamed Tahir, Group Managing Director of Proton Holdings.

TopRpm

Known Member
Sep 13, 2007
CONGRATULATION to Proton..Well Done:proud:

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Well Done PROTON.... that is 2.4 l/100km.... SWeeeeeettttt.....

*Any plan to introduce the Range Extender here ???

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
congrats, i wud like t see dis electric vehicles as taxi in big cities in Malaysia one day, less polution is good

unknown1x

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
everything great about our car industry.. never seems to benefits the rakyat here.. usually exported to get more bucks! so they can built crappy car to sell to us..

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
after this comment, we can see more "rakyat" word in future comments.

trust me.

Munmax

Oct 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
everything great about our car industry.. never seems to benefits the rakyat here.. usually exported to get more bucks! so they can built crappy car to sell to us..
Current proton cars aren't crappy as it used to be. Hear any niggling complain on exora or saga lately?
No?
We can get cheaper cars if you like it like that, but are you ( the rakyat) willing to let go all the subsidies on fuel that you have been enjoying and food that you've swallowed??? juggle that!

Anyway, 136mpg is awesome. wonder what's underneath. even the Saga won but heard there were protest from other contestants.

Anyway, also hear proton will launch this model worldwide. Kudos!

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
kudos indeed sir, kudos indeed.. syabbash, inspector shahab!!!! syabbash!!!! hahahaha

sfcc80

May 31, 2006
just sad to see only malay on the picture where others races ? anyway congrats proton :proud:

SoloScandaL

Known Member
Apr 5, 2009
just sad to see only malay on the picture where others races ? anyway congrats proton :proud:
really.. u just say malay only? i also see mat saleh there.. and from what i read that mat saleh was the driver for this race

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
is there any other web link coverage on this ?
i would very much like to know all the 64 car makes (and the manufacturer)...
* just curious *

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just wanna ask.. is there any difference in fuel consumption when using open pod air filter and stock standard air filter? Which is higher? What if i dont use the air filter pulak? Help me sifus...

Thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience