Proton R3 Satria Neo is here, need we say more

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The hot hatch just got hotter as Proton have introduced the R3 Satria Neo that has been sprinkled with magic dust from its in-house motorsport division, Race, Rally, Research (R3), to elevate the performance of the already impressive Satria Neo.

Distinctively recognisable by its Fire Red exterior that is completed by the roof painted black, the R3 Satria Neo is powered by the 1.6-liter Campro CPS engine that has been blessed with the Stage 2 enhancements by the R3 engineers to bump up power to 145hp@7,000rpm and 168Nm of torque @5,000rpm. All that power is better extracted by virtue of a close-ratio five-speed manual transmission that.

“Motorsports is one of several key strategies being pursued to enhance the Proton brand. It is a platform that allows us to not only promote the brand and increase awareness in new and potential markets, both domestically and abroad, but it is an equally rewarding proving ground,” said Proton Holdings Berhad Group Managing Director Datuk Haji Syed Zainal Abidin Syed Mohamed Tahir.

“The R3 Satria Neo is an extension of our involvement and experience in motor racing, and it caters to a demanding segment of customers and enthusiasts who desire vehicles that are purpose-built for performance as much as it is practical for everyday usage,” he added.

Exterior wise, the R3 Satria Neo is fitted with the CPS body kit but is further distinguishable from the regular CPS version with the addition of an R3 rear roof spoiler, a front lip for improved downforce and titanium-coloured side strips.

The ride height has been further lowered by 10mm with the use of R3 performance-springs that also serve to reduce body roll. Further enhancements were performed on the car to significantly bump up the ride and handling with recalibrated alignment that includes revised toe and camber settings for better grip and steering precision.

Grip is handled by the R3 edition 16-inch lightweight alloy wheels wrapped in soft-compound Bridgestone Potenza RE001R tyres measuring 205/45/16 all around.

Expect a first impression review of the car in the next couple of days as we’ll be given a short drive in the car before a full review at a later date.

Step into the cockpit and the R3 Satria Neo features some equally impressive changes that do well to complement the exterior. The seats are rewrapped in two-tone nappa leather consisting of a matte red and black finish.

The dashboard is further accentuated with some matte red trim that makes its way to the gear console, handbrake handle and door trim as well, similar to the green used on the R3 Lotus Racing edition. Completing the package are R3 floormats, an engine push-start button, aluminium foot pedals and gear knob.

Stopping power is taken care of with high-performance brake pads that have increased fade-resistance even with continuous hard braking, making it suitable for the enthusiastic driving it was made for.

Dual front airbags, ABS and EBD round up the safety aspect of it. The R3 Satria Neo also benefits from Ecotint solar and security protection and gets a double-Din head unit with inbuilt 3D GPS navigation.

If you’re looking to have one parked in your driveway, it’ll cost you RM79,797 (OTR w/insurance) and can be viewed at Proton Edar’s Crystal showroom at the Proton Center of Excellence in Shah Alam. Bookings are open too and can be made at any of the 23 Proton Edar branches throughout the country with a booking fee of RM2,000. The waiting period is just four weeks from the date of the loan approval.

For more info visit your nearest proton showroom today, call the i-Care hotline at 1-300-880-888 or log onto www.r3.proton.com.

Attachments

khellvinne

Known Member
Aug 15, 2010
Johor Bahru
sweet, i like the body-kit of CPS actually, but i bought the low spec cuz wanna have personal specification.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
if only they matched R3 bumper with other cps bodykit that would awesome....

coz IMHO R3 bumper suits the car better :adore:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Aiyo, the seats really put me off. RM80k for a proton R spec, if ori come with roll cage and legal on the road like the Renault Clio R3 then only can consider (at least stitch welded body). I bet, buy the cheapest SNeo and invest RM15-20k on it (parts source from ZTH sellers only, no need to go to pro shop) will better than this R3 in every aspect. I believe the marketing team did worked well with the R3 team, to create a car that naturally limited the buyer urge to maintain the 'rarelity' on the road.

A copy of Evo 6.5 will definitely far better than this and probably can make more money.

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
seats exterior partially copy old Bride model and inside filled with steel and cushion that probably can withstand 280kg big boy :love: :burnout:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
neo's dashboard and seats is always ugly..

Hassan77

Nov 5, 2010
Shah alam
yesterday, i saw new model of proton,..but covered as it always be to new model. its look like persona, but nicer than current persona, a quite big spoiler and front bumper lips, nice front lamp also, i think it is Persona R..............

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
yeah, the interior suck big time. you'll get over it after a while.

but interior how cun oso you'll forget after a few years of ownership, since it's performance oriented, don't you wanna focus on how it goes mehh? :P

on a positive side, it's 15bhp shy of achieving 160bhp, which IMO achievable. neo R3 owners already have the handling bits (better brakes & suspension) to start off with.

and that short-ratio gearbox shud make it a sweet car to drive. :driver: