Proton previews 2019 Iriz facelift before launch in March

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Proton previews 2019 Iriz facelift before launch in March

Today, Proton previewed their latest and extensively improved Iriz just before the official launch set for next month. This compact hatchback is the first Proton product to be updated following recent major collab with Geely. The revamp also sees big improvements in its stringent Geely GCPA rating.

Proton claims over 350 items have been either replaced or refined to produce lower NVH levels, better braking performance and fuel efficiency.

The Iriz will even feature new big brother X70 inspired Intelligent head unit with its fancy "Hi Proton" gimmick included, although specific modules such as the Proton Link tracking app will remain exclusive to the X70 SUV.

On the topic of design, the Head of Proton Design, Azlan Othman took advantage of the expertise from within Geely Group design centres to create the Iriz's new cohesive look. During the presentation, Azlan mentioned the use of styling elements to create a visual link with other Proton models.

What's New

Front:
New slim headlights
Ethereal Bow chrome bar
Prominent grille garnish
Infinite Weave pattern grille
New front bumper and air intakes
LED DRL

Rear
P R O T O N branding spelled out in full
New rear bumper
Vertical bumper garnish
New Iriz nameplate
Shark fin antenna
Wider appearance

Wheels
New Rotor Blade design wheels

Iriz Flash Sale

For only RM9.99 interested buyers can make online bookings of the new Iriz and be rewarded with free road tax for 2 years as a sign of thank you. The promotion starts 10am 1st March and ends at 11:59pm on 11 March 2019

Stay tuned as the official Proton Iriz launch commences March 2019
Continue reading the Post.

Last edited:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
It's 367 items to be exact, also updated the post with a pic from the presentation this morning

Hard to say if they would release that piece of information but will ask someone from Proton

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Not sure if 350+ improvement meant Iriz was rubbish to begin with under Proton, or Geely just reigns supreme.

Either way, Proton just shows that it’s useless.

Thank God Geely is here so Proton can stop sucking taxpayers money.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Improved FC and brake performance..
Hmm i really want to know how they claim improved FC. Based on my lil bro 1.3 cvt model, fc around town is very good indeed. On the highway, its about 1km/l better than my blm.

Brake performance...they just change the pad supplier maybe?
Last time when the waja 1.8 came out Proton swap the absorber from Kayaba to APM.

Another 2 item i can think off is the material inside the steering wheel which tend to rattle and whatever it is at the passenger side dashboard which rattle.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Improved FC and brake performance..
Hmm i really want to know how they claim improved FC. Based on my lil bro 1.3 cvt model, fc around town is very good indeed. On the highway, its about 1km/l better than my blm.

Brake performance...they just change the pad supplier maybe?
Last time when the waja 1.8 came out Proton swap the absorber from Kayaba to APM.

Another 2 item i can think off is the material inside the steering wheel which tend to rattle and whatever it is at the passenger side dashboard which rattle.
Wonder if they tested improved braking, as changing supplier something cannot mean improved......lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bought a used car...how to change to a new number? i dont want the existing number to the car...anyone know/got any lubang to change to new number????

willing to invest on a new bike, but i dont want the bike, just to get the number...please pm/reply back

019-324 9797
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience