Proton Preve swap 4B10/11 engine

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
Housewife use to go for market unit, really low mileage.........hhahahhahaha
one of the worst cases of mileage tempering i heard of was recently. this guy bought a preve with 60 plus thousand on the odo if i am not mistaken. when he got the car he went to the service center and checked and found records to about 2++,+++ km.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
one of the worst cases of mileage tempering i heard of was recently. this guy bought a preve with 60 plus thousand on the odo if i am not mistaken. when he got the car he went to the service center and checked and found records to about 2++,+++ km.
Well, at least there is record of it being service at sc till 200k km

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Still will have, got to check properly or know them or through friends......:driver:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
can. u pay runner with good connection. bolehland anything can. but inspira engine is not that inspiring oso laa. pun intended. transplant wise need to do extra work on the mounting. straight swap will be 4Gxx but max is 1.8 litre with mivec head. hehe.
It’s yawn inspiring. But the lousy NVH in the lancer, I mean inspira will wake you up.

Reactions: sanekit

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
low mileage is good, but worry housewife drive like 4x4. hahahaha....
never untrue.. haha...
usually in car advert, they put "lady owner", which IMHO i will prefer more "man owner" or better "uncle owner who use this car just to go to pasar" hahahaha
my brother, my father, some of friends, who bought car through car dealers, sure the car got problem. my brother before bought toyota wish, how many times go to the car dealer again to settle gearbox problem. my father buy ford ranger oso gearbox problem, thousands ringgit habis. one of friends, working oil and gas, buy audi and endup gearbox problem, hoho... i cannot recall exactly how much maybe because the figure is too much to brain..
i think it is almost true, previous owner of my x said "if this car has problem, i will send and ask car dealer to sell for me. i dont want to know but they will pay me very low price. i sell direct because i know this car has no problem". but not all cars sold by dealer has problem, combination of luck and also effort when people buying.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yah! luck also, friend use no problem, does not mean buy over no problems. Like my mechanic said to me before, if you buy used car, owner tell you bought new since day one, now used for six years no problems, means problems probably going to start because of wear and tear.....which is true.....lol

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
never untrue.. haha...
usually in car advert, they put "lady owner", which IMHO i will prefer more "man owner" or better "uncle owner who use this car just to go to pasar" hahahaha
my brother, my father, some of friends, who bought car through car dealers, sure the car got problem. my brother before bought toyota wish, how many times go to the car dealer again to settle gearbox problem. my father buy ford ranger oso gearbox problem, thousands ringgit habis. one of friends, working oil and gas, buy audi and endup gearbox problem, hoho... i cannot recall exactly how much maybe because the figure is too much to brain..
i think it is almost true, previous owner of my x said "if this car has problem, i will send and ask car dealer to sell for me. i dont want to know but they will pay me very low price. i sell direct because i know this car has no problem". but not all cars sold by dealer has problem, combination of luck and also effort when people buying.
Alike you, I will prefer direct sale from previous owner. I have trust issues with used car guys

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Alike you, I will prefer direct sale from previous owner. I have trust issues with used car guys
thus they say buy the owner not the car.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Hi forumers.

Is it possible to swap my auto-tranny Proton Preve iAFM engine with Inspira/Lancer GT Engine and legal to be driven on the road?

I have been searching anywhere but I couldn't find anything related to this. I only managed to find Preve swapped with evo engines. I do not wish to convert my Preve to a turbocharged engine, just want to swap with simple NA engine with auto -tranny. Currently the 1.6l Campro iAFM engine feels very heavy and underpowered. Perhaps converting to 2.0l engine would help to balance the power to weight ratio a bit.

Thanks in advance for any advice provided.

put in mivec ck engine...

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Remember, one of Our friend buy from owner got plenty issues woh.......lol
and actually, for both buy from owner and dealer, also need both luck and effort. try to make some luck by putting some effort. for me, not much effort on checking the car before commit buying, but years and years of checking and figuring out what car model will suit me the most. probably not applicable in this case.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
and actually, for both buy from owner and dealer, also need both luck and effort. try to make some luck by putting some effort. for me, not much effort on checking the car before commit buying, but years and years of checking and figuring out what car model will suit me the most. probably not applicable in this case.
So far for me is okay, know my mechanic for many years already and is now a family friend. Last few second hand car purchase arrange with him to go and see.....lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Subaru will be getting their own version of the Toyota FT-86 rear-wheel drive coupe and have released the first official photos of their version of the collaboration ahead of its debut at the Geneva Motor Show next week.

While Subaru were sneaky and provided a photo with an outline of just the front end’s silhouette, some Photoshop wands were waved over it at CarScoop and managed to filter out the rest...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience