Proton Preve swap 4B10/11 engine

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Just in case u did not know, the throttle mapping in the Exora CFE is more agressive compared to Suprima CFE and Preve CFE. I would prefer that agressive throttle on the Preve and Suprima.

The Exora accelerate like a businessman being chased by LHDN while the Preve and Suprima is more linear like drinking kopi-o in the morning.
hehe.. so more fun is getting the throttle mapping of exora and put it on suprima and preve..

iinm there is a non turbo IAFM preve. but only manual version was release for that. all the CVT version are turbo CFE. but TS one is auto IAFM.

if u want non-turbo swap with better power, do like what others do, swap in 4G92 mivec. or 4G93 block with 4G92 mivec top. or just get a DOHC 4G93. all depends on your budget.:driver:
possible to put inspira 2.0L engine inside preve? i know 2.0L only endorsed for perdana, but maybe can also approve for big sedan like preve? how about the transplant wise?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
hehe.. so more fun is getting the throttle mapping of exora and put it on suprima and preve..

possible to put inspira 2.0L engine inside preve? i know 2.0L only endorsed for perdana, but maybe can also approve for big sedan like preve? how about the transplant wise?
again, lets go with no.... the law is very specific about the 2.0 limit for protons.

transplant wise, the 4g is a fairly easy conversion mounting wise for the preve

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I remember reading online that there are 1.8 stroker kit for Campro engine.

Not sure how complicated it will be to get it running properly. Require additional mod like injector, ecu, cam, etc?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Just in case u did not know, the throttle mapping in the Exora CFE is more agressive compared to Suprima CFE and Preve CFE. I would prefer that agressive throttle on the Preve and Suprima.

The Exora accelerate like a businessman being chased by LHDN while the Preve and Suprima is more linear like drinking kopi-o in the morning.
Like putting the right thing in the wrong car......lol

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I remember reading online that there are 1.8 stroker kit for Campro engine.

Not sure how complicated it will be to get it running properly. Require additional mod like injector, ecu, cam, etc?
Like you mentioned got cheaper ready made ones, why bother messing with this......lol

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
can. u pay runner with good connection. bolehland anything can. but inspira engine is not that inspiring oso laa. pun intended. transplant wise need to do extra work on the mounting. straight swap will be 4Gxx but max is 1.8 litre with mivec head. hehe.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
can. u pay runner with good connection. bolehland anything can. but inspira engine is not that inspiring oso laa. pun intended. transplant wise need to do extra work on the mounting. straight swap will be 4Gxx but max is 1.8 litre with mivec head. hehe.
then inpira bot... mivec power + turbo... hoho become prevo...

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
then inpira bot... mivec power + turbo... hoho become prevo...
i don't think the CVT can handle higher torque than spec. end up you cant boost that high. preve turbo engine imo is good. swap the turbo or remap and add more boost. should be good enough. no hassle endorsing oso.

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
the way i see it you have a few options. really depends on how thick your pockets are. stick with the stock engine, add a sprintex. cost if not mistaken 10k, getting a cfe engine in good condition is tricky. if even if u can find one, you are gonna need with full set wiring or run a standalone and wire it up. a good job would be very expensive. other options is like what others have suggested. 4g93 either turbo or na up to you. i think full cost of transplant may be more than 10k. In my opinion, a sprintex kit sounds good. u have an engine of known history and lesser future headaches. although 4g engines are pretty bullet proof, they are old. parts will soon be an issue. like others mentioned 4b11 not even worth the effort. all the best man

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
i think what others suggest about getting cfe, is not getting a cfe engine, rather get a cfe preve... sell this na preve and topup a little (dont know how little is it), and you will get a cfe preve. i think this is a less-headache option?

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
upload_2019-6-28_17-21-27.png

lowest price of NA preve and CFE preve are Rm15k and RM18k respectively. not much difference. but, of course getting a better condition preve need to topup more.

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
really depends to be honest. when i went shopping around for my suprima, i tested a few preves and suprimas. so many were very badly kept. plus, being on their facebook page i can see so many destroyed cfe's due to the lack of basic maintenance and etc. if he can find a genuine low mileage and perhaps the last batch of preves it should be a good deal.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
really depends to be honest. when i went shopping around for my suprima, i tested a few preves and suprimas. so many were very badly kept. plus, being on their facebook page i can see so many destroyed cfe's due to the lack of basic maintenance and etc. if he can find a genuine low mileage and perhaps the last batch of preves it should be a good deal.
yeah, getting a well maintained preve is another issue.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yeah, getting a well maintained preve is another issue.
Housewife use to go for market unit, really low mileage.........hhahahhahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Have a few question about exhaust gas temp issue.

1. May i know, normally under wat reason will cause exhaust temp raise?

2. some plp said EGT gauge can also act like a afr gauge. how true is that?

3. if so, can i said having EGT gauge is better thn having normal narrow band afr gauge?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience