Proton Iswara Modifications

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
You have to understand the iswara is a car from a different era compared to the persona. Its a 1.3L carb engine car, I owned one before, and drove it for 20 years, so I do know what I am talking about. Generally for those era cars, the smaller the cc, the higher the engine spins per kmh compared to a larger cc car. Whether its far away or not, I would need to recalculate, but my guess it would be at least 500rpm more to reach redline. Many 4 speed autos even of the same era has a OD gear that lowers the top end rpm. Those auto trans OD gear can actually be lower than a manual trans 5th gear.
Show me proof of the gear ratio then I will believe.

Edit: No redline here

• Wow
Reactions: minibeany

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Show me proof of the gear ratio then I will believe.

Edit: No redline here
No redline, ok i lost
So now we are now talking about 4th gear on auto vs 5th gear on manual now right? I will use other make from the same era as a comparison. GX80 Toyota Mark II, same engine, same tyre size, different gb type different diff.
1st MT :
1602563478211.png

Next AT :
1602563563322.png

Now first MT at 5th gear, Lets say 5000rpm, tyre diameter 627mm.
1602563798022.png

Now AT ,4th gear, 5000rpm
1602563875561.png

Reactions: Izso and koshin

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Its kinda quick for an old tech 1.3 manual. Maybe due to the lesser weight. This car feels like its gliding on a layer of air at high speed.

It does not need more power, it needs more handling.
yeah... experienced that before... was driving at 120-130 km/h and suddenly overtook by another fast car... my whole iswara like going to fly in the air...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yeah... experienced that before... was driving at 120-130 km/h and suddenly overtook by another fast car... my whole iswara like going to fly in the air...
My best handling for my VR was when everything was newly transplant and modded with new suspension. Doing 190kph felt like 120 only.....lol

Reactions: minibeany

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Wow! 1.3 can hit 180kph.......
Eh..my std blm auto can do that too. At least on speedo lah.
What its like?
Noisy like hell from engine noise...like an airplane. That time car was on aftermarket suspension and few UR bars are installed so still stable. I bet its only 160kmh-170kmh actual speed only.
Can i sustain 180kmh on speedo? I will never try that...my balls or pocket is not that big or deep.

My guess is the iswara actual speed is 160kmh at least. Iswara or saga starts to take off at 140kmh on speedo. Above that is flying speed or to be accurate its like a fighter jet doing a very low fly by. Watch any low fly by of a fighter jet and replace the jet with an Iswara.

Reactions: alcyon

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Eh..my std blm auto can do that too. At least on speedo lah.
What its like?
Noisy like hell from engine noise...like an airplane. That time car was on aftermarket suspension and few UR bars are installed so still stable. I bet its only 160kmh-170kmh actual speed only.
Can i sustain 180kmh on speedo? I will never try that...my balls or pocket is not that big or deep.

My guess is the iswara actual speed is 160kmh at least. Iswara or saga starts to take off at 140kmh on speedo. Above that is flying speed or to be accurate its like a fighter jet doing a very low fly by. Watch any low fly by of a fighter jet and replace the jet with an Iswara.
I believe that actual speed should be about 170kmh on waze gps vs the meter which is showing 180kmh. I used to see such difference back then doing 150kmh on the meter but gps showing 144kmh only. The difference increases as the speed increases.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

let me start a thread
to all Brothers and Sisters

what we should upgrade for our engine and become a more power. U all can give ur solution or opinion of how to make a car faster with low budget or more expert modification. It is better we suggest for the NA engine, this is because turbo engine is too power already.... :tee:

Let me start for the 1st stage modification of the NA engine

1. ) Changing the ekzos system. (It will be cost u about 300-800) depend on the brand we choose...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience