proton hartge tarmac rally 2005

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
anyone here knows more about this? AFAIK it will start next week in Kuala Terengganu. one of the backers of this series is the son of the late tan sri yahya (proton boss).

BTW if anyone wants to rent a groupN satria feel free to contact me.

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
so stan, r u planning to have a go at the tarmac rally??

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
i dont know where the other rounds are planned at. but i think the 1st round in terengganu is too close to this weekends MRC round in PD for most of the rallying ppl's. so any1's going??

bryang-unit

Known Member
Mar 21, 2005
Kelana Jaya
alexz said:
i dont know where the other rounds are planned at. but i think the 1st round in terengganu is too close to this weekends MRC round in PD for most of the rallying ppl's. so any1's going??
Alex,

Next round of tarmac rally in Sarawak.. jauh gillaaa.. Btw, r u going to watch the PD wan ar?? i cant go on the 7th got to work, only can go on the 8th..When u going??

Bryan/Malau

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
PROTON CONTINUES WITH EFFORTS TO POPULARISE MOTORSPORTS AMONG MALAYSIANS

May 5 2005: In line with its efforts to promote motorsports at the grassroots level, PROTON today launched the PROTON Hartge Terengganu Tarmac Rally 2005 at the Hartge showroom here in Kuala Lumpur.

Organised in conjunction with the PROTON Edar Street Fest in partnership with R3 (Race · Rally · Research – The Motorsports Division of PROTON), the rally will start at Batu Burok in Terengganu from May 12 to 14, and will take participants through various districts in the state over the 8 stages. The rally is expected to attract over 80 participants competing in more than 40 performance vehicles of various makes and models. The rally will also see the first appearance of R3’s Race Gen.2 boasting (among other things) a much-improved 1.8 engine and advanced straight-cut five speed gearbox

“It is important to that we provide a different perspective to motorsports, and we feel that by organising the rally and bringing it to the people, we are able to show that motorsports is not only about Formula 1 or million dollar budgets as just about anyone will be able to compete on a level playing field,” said Tengku Djan Ley Tengku Mahaleel, head of R3.

“Judging by the positive and overwhelming response from both spectators and competitors alike we believe we have developed the right formula that strikes a balance between ultra-competitive motor racing for the competitors and fun and exciting show for our spectators. We hope to carry this momentum throughout the year and at the same time bring on board more and more supporters just as how Hartge has supported us” he added.

The presence of PROTON's fellow sponsor for the rally, Hartge, who brings with them a strong and long-standing heritage of transforming already appealing BMW street cars to much more desirable, finely-tuned performance vehicles, share the same passion for the sport, adding much needed support for such events.

“PROTON alone cannot promote motorsports in the country and we are much appreciative of the support given by Hartge. We also hope that this will encourage other companies – both within and outside the automotive industry – to come in with us for similar events in the future. The government has invested a lot in motorsports, and now it is up to the private sector to take it to another level,” said Tengku Djan.

The second day of the Street Fest will see round three of the PanGlobal F1 Driver Search that is open to public and feature a workshop and briefing session by ex-F1 driver Alex Yoong.

The PROTON Edar Street Fest was conceived partly to promote motorsports in the country, but is also a vehicle that PROTON uses to promote its involvement in motorsports, and the technology used to develop existing and future models, in partnership with R3. This will be the second Street Fest following successful inaugural effort in Danga Bay, Johor last April.

Last edited:

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
canken2 said:
Crash.. joining?;)
I wish man! If I had a track car maybe la. Hahah.

But right now? No car, no experience, no skill, no money. So the answer is NO.

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
canken2 said:
Crash.. joining?;)

so canken, r u entering ur "super putra" in the tarmac rally??

anyway canken, hope its not too early to wish you happy birthday!! :)

err any1 doing the trek up to terengganu to watch the tarmac rally??

canken2

1,500 RPM
Mar 18, 2004
PJ
Visit site
thanks alex. u are the first to wih me..:) u still in ozzie land?

only one thing me lacking no skills:p

this yr ZTH go kart enduro over already? *checks yr signature*;)

alexz said:
so canken, r u entering ur "super putra" in the tarmac rally??

anyway canken, hope its not too early to wish you happy birthday!! :)

err any1 doing the trek up to terengganu to watch the tarmac rally??

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
err im never in ozzie land... (wish what u say is true)

why u say no skill? u did fine in the BFG autokhana...

err thats the enduro in January lah...

so wanna go up to trg next week to look see look see??

canken2

1,500 RPM
Mar 18, 2004
PJ
Visit site
alexz said:
err im never in ozzie land... (wish what u say is true)
why u say no skill? u did fine in the BFG autokhana...
err thats the enduro in January lah...
so wanna go up to trg next week to look see look see??

geez time flies:rolleyes: tot it was last year:p
wei no need to work meh its on a weekday wor..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

how do i make my VR4 exhaust sounds like vtec (bunyi pecah bila cam bukak)? is it even possible?

& 2.5 inch or 3 inch? thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience