pros and cons of lightweight flywheel and racing clutch??

rinagi

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
K.L
anyone here can tell the pros and cons of lightweight flywheel and racing clutch??

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
I think he is asking on what you could get from those mods.

lighten flywheel - very light throttle respond and fast revving. More pickup and free up some Horsepower. But suffer at climbing hill.

Racing clutch - Harder to depress, once traffic jam. You will pray to god. But damn good at gripping all those power to release into the tyre. no slipping at all.

I know these because my Satria is heavlily modded with the above parts as well.

:)

dartango

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
Ace, what about functions, pro & cons of:
1. Lighten Cam Pulley (How many do we need on the coupe?)
2. Performance Camshaft (Is it required 2 units? Since our car is TwinCam)

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Ace, the racing clutch really very hard to depress?
I intend to change one when my current standard clutch worn out.
What's your advice?

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
im using exedy preformance clutch too. yes it is harder than normal. but i think it depends on how much power you have. if alot then u need those triple plate clutch which will be really heavy. if not those normal preformance clutch which is slightly heavyier than normal should be enough. am i right sifu ace?

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
scoupe, I'm looking at exedy clutch also.
But don't know how's the quality and the performance of the clutch.
Any feedbacks about the clutch? :)

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
Daniel,
Racing clutch is very hard to depress. I gave up and use the Perdana 2.0 clutch in my car and works very well. 3 spoke clutch is a no no because you won't be able to do half clutch as at. If you caugth in a traffic jam, you will run the risk of either engine stall or ram into others car back side. So I would advise you just go for the ori will do unless you have heavily mod engine with another 60-70Hp added. Coupe ori clutch is doing a very good job of gripping.

Dartango,
Lighten crank pulley does help on freeing up some horsepower and you get faster rev, I have it both on my coupe and Satria. For those 1.8liter coupe actually doesn't need a high cam profile as ours is already using a higher cam profile then the 2 liter coupe. That is why you see a lot of western are using the 1.8 liter cam in their 2liter coupe. Unless you want to go aggresive then use those high race cam like my Satria. You can see the rev when up and down after installing it.

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
well cant really say much bout the exedy clutch but it does the job well. even on hard accelaration it does not slip.

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
exedy has some good range of product as well. the OEM spec exedy for manufacturer is quite good and up to its par.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Ace, Scoupe, thanks for your advice and feedback. :)

I think I will stick back to ori clutch like what Ace advice.

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Clutch?...... I have this problem all the way, in my Daihatsu GTTi, about few months slip liau, at that time no performance clutch for GTTi, my Coupe also slip, change ori clucth set also after few months slip, now 4G93 using ori clutch from Japan also few months slip, now change to exedy OEM clucth also last for 2 months!!!!!!!!!........ The exedy performance clucth is about RM 1K for 4G93T, too expensive to try.

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
wow, so fast ur clutch wears out. maybe you should give the preformance clutch a go, maybe thats all you need then hopefully it last. i have been using mine for the past 10 months still no slip

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
yu,
you must have been thrashing your car around since 2 cars also can't stand to last longer on the clutch for you. Sudden accelaration from stop/traffic light or half clutch all the way during jam will easily eats up the clutch.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
My car was stolen in a night today at July 25th 2008.Pls look for out for me..Thx so much for your cooperation.Reward will be given on right information.Pls call 012-6552483/ 018-2222286 Alex.K

Car:Normal Wira SE Black
Plate:BHE 9686
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience