Project MU brake products: are they very good?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Haha, you are a hunter 6UE5t. Can get cheaper price around sunway + it's kakimotor. Wa, you almost burned 2k on the brake system, so satisfied with your new brake system?
Not almost, it's already OVER rm2K! :banghead:
So far yeah, satisfied. Will update later once I can test it with more force/hard braking.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
So far yeah, satisfied. Will update later once I can test it with more force/hard braking.
Slotted and cross drilled rotors just allow you to brake without worry about fading (not as worried, not completely don't have fade), awesome pads let you brake harder but paired with slotted rotors your pads will wear out faster. With the steel braided hoses your pedal pressure should be very linear and controllable.

If you're talking about braking harder and faster - probably yes for the harder but not necessarily faster. Your car has ABS and EBD so you'll still probably stop the same distance but you'll be able stop the car at higher speeds in comparison.

I think. :hmmmm:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Over RM2k, not good also must be good......hahahahahha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Slotted and cross drilled rotors just allow you to brake without worry about fading (not as worried, not completely don't have fade), awesome pads let you brake harder but paired with slotted rotors your pads will wear out faster. With the steel braided hoses your pedal pressure should be very linear and controllable.

If you're talking about braking harder and faster - probably yes for the harder but not necessarily faster. Your car has ABS and EBD so you'll still probably stop the same distance but you'll be able stop the car at higher speeds in comparison.

I think. :hmmmm:
Slotted will minimized brake fade a lot. I think what he likes most is the initial bite which is much better now....:biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hahaha yeah, with that much spent, it has to give a good improvement!
Anyway I'm happy with the improvement especially the initial bite, it gives a lot more confidence. I think it should allow me to brake faster because now I can achieve more braking power with less pedal travel, while previously I have to press much deeper to get meaningful braking force. I think you're right though that once the brakes lock up, the ABS should take over and from then on the distance could be about the same. But maybe now is much easier to lock up due to better initial bite.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Anyway I'm happy with the improvement especially the initial bite, it gives a lot more confidence. I think it should allow me to brake faster because now I can achieve more braking power with less pedal travel, while previously I have to press much deeper to get meaningful braking force. I think you're right though that once the brakes lock up, the ABS should take over and from then on the distance could be about the same. But maybe now is much easier to lock up due to better initial bite.
With better bite, it should stop faster. The idea is not to lock up unless emergency......:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It's a lot harder to trigger the ABS than what most people think. I've tried a dozen times on my Myvi and have only ever successfully done it 1 time in a controlled environment. The other times were real emergency situations (about 4 times.. :biggrin:)

Anyway, I wish I had that kinda dough to blow on a car. I want bigger calipers.

Oh hey, 6uest - you should consider swapping out your brake oil (flush) with DOT5.1 (assuming your car isn't on DOT5) especially from those reputable brands like Ferodo and Motul. To me the brake oil made a helluva difference when I was *driving aggressively* down Genting (caveat - not racing). Even with the same brake pads for some reason the oil helped reduce the super spongy pedal feel as a result of overheating. Not that you'll be cooking your brakes often but hey, overkill is better than regretting.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
6UE5t, your rotor is slotted 1 right? Is it noisier than previous setup when you apply brake?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
It's a lot harder to trigger the ABS than what most people think. I've tried a dozen times on my Myvi and have only ever successfully done it 1 time in a controlled environment. The other times were real emergency situations (about 4 times.. :biggrin:)

Oh hey, 6uest - you should consider swapping out your brake oil (flush) with DOT5.1 (assuming your car isn't on DOT5) especially from those reputable brands like Ferodo and Motul. To me the brake oil made a helluva difference when I was *driving aggressively* down Genting (caveat - not racing). Even with the same brake pads for some reason the oil helped reduce the super spongy pedal feel as a result of overheating. Not that you'll be cooking your brakes often but hey, overkill is better than regretting.
Hmm to trigger ABS you just need to really stomp on the pedal as in during emergency braking. I've successfully done it several times on several different cars. In the wet it's very easy to trigger it though.

No, I just use regular dot 4 for now. Maybe later will try when comes time to reflush it again. Thx for the suggestion.

6UE5t, your rotor is slotted 1 right? Is it noisier than previous setup when you apply brake?
So far still no noticable noise yet when applying the brake. Just when I release it from stop, then got just a bit 'ngek' sound which previously not heard, but that's all.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
So far still no noticable noise yet when applying the brake. Just when I release it from stop, then got just a bit 'ngek' sound which previously not heard, but that's all.[/QUOTE]

Ic. Last time i using slotted type, when doing braking above 80km/h, there will have some noisy "woooong wooong wooong". It disappeared below 60km/h. Yup, i also got that 'ngek" sound when fully stop.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Like bro. 6UE5t mentioned have to stomp hard on the brake all at one go then only ABS will activate, or your Myvi ones not sensitive enough......:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Hmm to trigger ABS you just need to really stomp on the pedal as in during emergency braking. I've successfully done it several times on several different cars. In the wet it's very easy to trigger it though.

No, I just use regular dot 4 for now. Maybe later will try when comes time to reflush it again. Thx for the suggestion.

So far still no noticable noise yet when applying the brake. Just when I release it from stop, then got just a bit 'ngek' sound which previously not heard, but that's all.
Is Dot 5.1 not Dot 5 which is silicone base, just in case....:driver:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
whoah!! over RM2k? for that??

i would have gone for nissan 4pots instead :P

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
whoah!! over RM2k? for that??

i would have gone for nissan 4pots instead :P
Yeah, half of it for the disc rotor.

Which Nissan 4 pots? New/used and how big? I don't know which one can put to my car though. I also do not want to upsize since I still want to be able to use the std 16' rims, that's why I just look for replacement stuff. If want to upsize, most suggested to get the Lexus GS300 4 pot kit which is plug and play but also expensive (maybe up to rm3k).

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Yeah, half of it for the disc rotor.

Which Nissan 4 pots? New/used and how big? I don't know which one can put to my car though. I also do not want to upsize since I still want to be able to use the std 16' rims, that's why I just look for replacement stuff. If want to upsize, most suggested to get the Lexus GS300 4 pot kit which is plug and play but also expensive (maybe up to rm3k).
silvia or r32/r33 4pots used can be bought for ard rm400-500 and can be fitted under 16" wheels... kcng used to have it in his ex-neo under 16".

the r32 4pot is the same caliper that SSWorks uses for their brake kit but paired with 282mm rotor and this combo fits nicely under 15" depending on offset and spoke design.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
silvia or r32/r33 4pots used can be bought for ard rm400-500 and can be fitted under 16" wheels... kcng used to have it in his ex-neo under 16".

the r32 4pot is the same caliper that SSWorks uses for their brake kit but paired with 282mm rotor and this combo fits nicely under 15" depending on offset and spoke design.
Don't upset the dude la, he's already spent the money and happily enjoying his upgrade, don't potong his steam mahhh.. :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,
Just wanna share my experience with my mech/workshop with u guys.

on the 06.02.10, i send my car to my workshop to rebuild my engine nearby my apartment,
supposedly yesterday 16.03.10, after 6 bloody weeks i was so happy that i will collect my car,
but at 2 pm, my foreman called me told me to immediately come to the workshop, so i did lor...
guess wat, when i reached there, my left door was like a 'V' shaped.....the stupid foreman can langgar the tiang roadsign......the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience