Project cars and all

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
would like to trademark this, nah kidding since i don't have the budget for this anyway whoever built it i'll just sponsor my drool.

MX5 Na
F22C

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
Common-rail is the king now in Sabah. Their straight line speed is friggin crazy with just some 'basic' mods.

For project car, i will say Cefiro since i'm drive 1 too :biggrin: but the chassis really starting to age. It's damn long too, same length with a vigo hilux.
Bro, is cefiro chassis prone to rust? I mean factory defect due to glue or bad welding. I know half cut a lot parts. What about new parts for Rb and suspension?

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
I wish to hav one project car to rebuild in my own car porch... mayb can buy back K-car easy to build.

mc888

Known Member
Apr 8, 2010
Little HK
Bro, is cefiro chassis prone to rust? I mean factory defect due to glue or bad welding. I know half cut a lot parts. What about new parts for Rb and suspension?

I dont have the budget to dismantle the whole car to repaint, so i cant answer directly. The roof is well known for the infamous bubbles which i got it too. I'm using SE's door but so far only the driver's door at 1 corner got rust.

My chassis will creak a lil when doing a 90 degree left turn on a lil slope. That's what my aging is.

Suspension most of the times is h/cut, hardly any new but saw 1 brand b4 at fb ceffy group. Performance parts got lots of them both new/used but for core items, u need to stack them up :biggrin:

Anyway, most of the ceffy are far more cheaper than 5yrs ago. rb25 going at 20-25k but make sure it's endorsed. GL & hf.

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
I dont have the budget to dismantle the whole car to repaint, so i cant answer directly. The roof is well known for the infamous bubbles which i got it too. I'm using SE's door but so far only the driver's door at 1 corner got rust.

My chassis will creak a lil when doing a 90 degree left turn on a lil slope. That's what my aging is.

Suspension most of the times is h/cut, hardly any new but saw 1 brand b4 at fb ceffy group. Performance parts got lots of them both new/used but for core items, u need to stack them up :biggrin:

Anyway, most of the ceffy are far more cheaper than 5yrs ago. rb25 going at 20-25k but make sure it's endorsed. GL & hf.
Argggww..roof!! Very annoying cancer. If this common rust only happen on certain year/batch, could be the glue manufacturer used just like proton last time. My ex ae101 also got common at the roof side lining. I remember few members also got similar. Any parts problem if want to rebuild Rbs with oem instead of performance? What about rubber seals like door, side glass, windscreen? If project car regardless long or short term, my impression should be replace whatever broken with new oem parts for driving comfort and longevity. If everything half cut, i don't think is worth to waste time and money. That's just me.

mc888

Known Member
Apr 8, 2010
Little HK
Argggww..roof!! Very annoying cancer. If this common rust only happen on certain year/batch, could be the glue manufacturer used just like proton last time. My ex ae101 also got common at the roof side lining. I remember few members also got similar. Any parts problem if want to rebuild Rbs with oem instead of performance? What about rubber seals like door, side glass, windscreen? If project car regardless long or short term, my impression should be replace whatever broken with new oem parts for driving comfort and longevity. If everything half cut, i don't think is worth to waste time and money. That's just me.

A31 is very skinny in ori form thus it wont be looking good in OEM, need to buff up via skirting.
It became popular mostly due to the fact it's 1 of the cheapest drifting missiles, not a restoration worth old school car. Hence, hardly any new OEM parts for it.

Project car for me is purely just to max out the potential and also the wallet then end of story :burnout:

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
And a 4WD Wira? Wah.. Khoyos bro : what's a Upah? (Pardon my bad malay) and the halfcut parts including the drive shaft all PNP?
Upah = Workmanship

For front parts (in engine bay, cockpit) all pnp & straightforward. However the 4wd conversion requires cutting of the car's rear floor pan, making it illegal in JPJ's books. Be really really sure before u decide. Once u do it, there's no turning back.

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
A MR2 is pretty sweet too.....SW20.....I think the price is quite low now......Can consider....
Any decision yet bro Izso?? :biggrin::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

A old BMW Z3 also is good choice. The looks is still nice after so long. Do a engine swap.....Plus the small cabin space allow you to touch passengers thighs... :biggrin::biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hehe i seen alot of people with diy stuff,but so far i never seen this thread come out (correct me if i am wrong) ...so anyone here diy it b4...

use ball bering... those round type...with bering inside...then just diy the cover ...suits bling bling rims better.(coz of flat surface....chrome rims espically)..then just find a way to stick it on to the ori rims.....anyone care to try..hehehhe..just my 2 cents
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience