Project cars and all

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Rx7.. FD.. my all time favorite car.

Eh eh eh.. ask you guys something. What do you think of project cars shared between friends?
Rotary parts not cheap right? and can DIY engine?

Share as in what sense? Share ownership, share usage.....heh! heh!:driver:

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur

Eh eh eh.. ask you guys something. What do you think of project cars shared between friends?

I wouldnt do it la. Different opinions. Different taste. Then later will have who drive when and who pay what. And personally, to me, my car is kind of a personal thing. So i would NOT wanna share it la.

Rotary parts not cheap right? and can DIY engine?

Share as in what sense? Share ownership, share usage.....heh! heh!:driver:

A close friend of mine has a FD. According to him, more or less the same. Certain parts expensive compare to conventional engine, certain parts expensive. But on thing is for sure, rotary needs ALOTTTTTTT of TLC (no is not Tua Lan Ciao:rofl:). Alot of car and attention must be put into it. But it really really rewards you la.

One of my favorite car as well.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You gotta proofread your stuff when you write... you contradicting yourself la.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Anyone done a classic VW beetle? Engine removal is very simple, air cooled (minus the piping), RWD, and boxer engines.....
Parts are reasonably obtainable, and some parts are still available as new.

The beetle never go out of fashion......

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Old 2 door EF9 Civic or EF8 CR-X? Lightweight and with a B16A swap, should be quite agile considering their low weight...

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Shit, long time no post. hello hello

What's your project car's purpose la?
I love drift, so a RB25 with a decent turbo Cefiro is the way to go. Maybe 15k.
Shells are everywhere, RB20 is everywhere, RB25 is not really that expensive, maybe half the price of the car only.
RB25 can make 500nm in stock internals. Yum yum. Skidssss
Shares most if not all parts among Silvias/Skylines. Super long wheelbase great for skids. 4 door as well.

As for chassis wise, Malaysia not that bad la. Not salt roads.
KE70 with 4age with leaf springs(standard), about 10k. However, u can use 15inch. It doesnt look half bad too.
So KE70 or Cefiro? I'd save up a few more months for a cefiro.

For grip usage a FWD better gua. Putra for Mitsubishi or Satria Neo for some modern parts. Neo is proven and I trust Proton to not hold its used car value (hehehe, blessing in disguise). Neo's chassis is not bad but quite snappy.
A cefiro has power but its like a Supra, has trouble looking for grip even with big fat tyres.

All cars above mentioned many chopped parts :p

PS: Altezza keep for daily la. So nice car. :(

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I wouldnt do it la. Different opinions. Different taste. Then later will have who drive when and who pay what. And personally, to me, my car is kind of a personal thing. So i would NOT wanna share it la.

A close friend of mine has a FD. According to him, more or less the same. Certain parts expensive compare to conventional engine, certain parts expensive. But on thing is for sure, rotary needs ALOTTTTTTT of TLC (no is not Tua Lan Ciao:rofl:). Alot of car and attention must be put into it. But it really really rewards you la.

One of my favorite car as well.
Car is personal, but project car can be different.....hhahahhahah:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

Darn it......Edited....~~LOL :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
I say, came in late.....missed it......lol:biggrin:

mc888

Known Member
Apr 8, 2010
Little HK
all bros say are car models. How about doing project on pick-up truck? Ol fashion, hilux still looks tough and rough. Instead of hitting the tarmac, go off-road....

Common-rail is the king now in Sabah. Their straight line speed is friggin crazy with just some 'basic' mods.

For project car, i will say Cefiro since i'm drive 1 too :biggrin: but the chassis really starting to age. It's damn long too, same length with a vigo hilux.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

that's like sharing wife. some people do it, most people don't.

As for that Wira 4wd..paying those kind of money, better you just buy a scrap car from Singapore and use it for track only.