Project cars and all

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Personally - I have no preference. Just no French.

:mad::mad::mad: Excuse me.....You got something against French cars??? :thefinger::thefinger: :rofl::rofl:

If it have the budget, personally i would go with the RX-7 as my project car. As it is a 5 year project, i think is do-able. Plus not going to be a daily, so no issue there as well though.

Just love the car. The looks. The lines. The BRAAAAAAAAPPPPPP. Parts are relatively easy to source but not necessary cheap. But if you spreading it over 5 years, cost wise i think ok la. And not planning to make it a 500hp Braaaaapppp Monster, so not much performance mods needed, so cost lower.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Nice. But I've heard the Cefiro is too much aging as it is, probably will be hard to find a good condition chassis?
naah..there are quite a number of decent cars out there.. both in stock form and modded. as with all older cars, just need to find.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
This discussion is useless if you don't establish your budget. I'd say a Satria Neo CPS if you want something newer, but that engine you can't do that much. Otherwise, the 4G93 Putra or the Satria. If you want to mess around, the Satria and Putra of the 4G eras are the best due to the huge amount of parts available, and the affordability.

BUT... that's boring.. FWD.. common chassis..common engine. You want MORE fun..gonna cost MORE money.

The Altezza. the stock 3SGE BEAMS is lots of fun already. Not enough? 1JZ & 2JZ round the corner. FR lagi..

Personally, I think a Kelisa with a K3-VET is huge amounts of fun, due to the power to weight ratio is so close to the Lotus Elise mk1. Except it doesn't quite corner that well.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Personally I'd like a 4WD or a FR car. I've become quite fond of the Toyota Chaser. A full on yakuza look with a 2jz/1jz would be quite awesome.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Personally I'd like a 4WD or a FR car. I've become quite fond of the Toyota Chaser. A full on yakuza look with a 2jz/1jz would be quite awesome.
Same I also only want AWD or RWD now, already bored with FWD.
Yup, that Chaser is also nice but very rare to find.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

This discussion is useless if you don't establish your budget. I'd say a Satria Neo CPS if you want something newer, but that engine you can't do that much. Otherwise, the 4G93 Putra or the Satria. If you want to mess around, the Satria and Putra of the 4G eras are the best due to the huge amount of parts available, and the affordability.

BUT... that's boring.. FWD.. common chassis..common engine. You want MORE fun..gonna cost MORE money.

The Altezza. the stock 3SGE BEAMS is lots of fun already. Not enough? 1JZ & 2JZ round the corner. FR lagi..

Personally, I think a Kelisa with a K3-VET is huge amounts of fun, due to the power to weight ratio is so close to the Lotus Elise mk1. Except it doesn't quite corner that well.
Or convert the Satria GTI into an AWD using the VR4/Evo drive train and 4G63T engine. That would be a blast, small lightweight hot hatch with gob smacking power in AWD! :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

:mad::mad::mad: Excuse me.....You got something against French cars??? :thefinger::thefinger: :rofl::rofl:

If it have the budget, personally i would go with the RX-7 as my project car. As it is a 5 year project, i think is do-able. Plus not going to be a daily, so no issue there as well though.

Just love the car. The looks. The lines. The BRAAAAAAAAPPPPPP. Parts are relatively easy to source but not necessary cheap. But if you spreading it over 5 years, cost wise i think ok la. And not planning to make it a 500hp Braaaaapppp Monster, so not much performance mods needed, so cost lower.
This one then:
Mazda RX-7 (M) - Cars for sale in Kluang, Johor :biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
The rx7 got sexy butt. Looks like in a stock form. Good platform for modding. ***buy, buy, buy, buy, buy***

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
E30 and RX7 FD.. my gawd. 2 of the most expensive old cars money can buy. I can't believe a FD still goes for 60k atm.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Chaser.. I never quite took a liking to it, cause I think its too long and too heavy in comparison to the tezza?

E30 and RX7...they don't make those cars anymore, that's why costs so much. Go for the Chaser or Tezza if you want FR. AWD, you can get an old scooby.

OR if you REALLY want to take the path less traveled, how about this, buy a 2 door Suzuki Vitara, turbo the mofo, lower it down and you have your own FR drift machine. Call it the KLCC Escudo. lol.

Monster Tajima pushed 405ps from the G16A engine, but his is a 10 minute wonder only to finish the climb up pikes peak. I think if you go mildly at 200ps should be good enough to drive daily. And with it 4x4 box, you can switch 4x2 or 4x4 on demand. So fulfils your AWD AND FW cravings.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Altezza is more for the speed goers while Chaser is for those VIP/mafia look guys. :biggrin:
VIP/Mafia.. elgrand la.. no need think so much.. Chaser is for the low level mafia.. boss sure sit in Elgrand mah.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
all bros say are car models. How about doing project on pick-up truck? Ol fashion, hilux still looks tough and rough. Instead of hitting the tarmac, go off-road....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Need advise that nows a day which material r usually use for intercooler piping? How much would it charge from 'those' well known sunway workshop making piping for evo2 on putra ? Usually how long does it take?

Any comment for ZAP ready made intercooler piping? Since saw magazine stated that got ready stock for my car just plug and play for E1-3. Thank you. :biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience