Procedures on Selling, Buying and Trading in Used Cars

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
That number is the branch's line. You gotta ask them to transfer to tukarhakmilik department then you can ask the officer in charge to check for you. I think if it's on the geran should be fine d. You can double check with them.

I bought my new car using the normal procedures and sold my kancil using runner. Both similar, but if use runner i don't have to go to commissioner of oath all. He settle everything for me.
When the transfer was done the new owner's name was on the grant and got updated in jpj's system. If u used tm-ab form the owner doesn't need to be there but his documents must be verified by commissioner of oath/mahkamah etc. Only u must go.
But if u use runner both also no need to go la.

From april 1st got new procedure d. Both buyer and owners must be present to do transfer via Mysikap(some new online system for jpj) for the thumbprint of owner and buyer. I roughly only know that from what the JPJ officer told me. Maybe there's another hassle free method to do it. Try checking with jpj and see.
Can you give me your runner's phone number? Or if you could check with him for me? Cuz owner is in Ipoh and Buyer is mostly gonna be in KL. If he can get it done with certain documents, I'll let him do it. Cuz is a hassle for me now.

Want to sell car later if really need owner to come then I really gonna get even worse headache. :adore:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Fuh. Finally. So whats the car now?

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk.
He is gonna get wiralution adi. He prefer wira :top:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Like that really damn la. Means have to transfer ownership to me.
If transfer to me, means I have to drive all the way to ipoh to do it.

But is it possible to change ownership without release letter?
Of course cannot loh! Release letter is from the bank and on the grant the ownership is claimed by the bank so the bank have to issue you the release letter. If can transfer without release letter then no need repay loan also can....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

Can you give me your runner's phone number? Or if you could check with him for me? Cuz owner is in Ipoh and Buyer is mostly gonna be in KL. If he can get it done with certain documents, I'll let him do it. Cuz is a hassle for me now.

Want to sell car later if really need owner to come then I really gonna get even worse headache. :adore:
Looks like you got to sell it in Ipoh then.....:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Of course cannot loh! Release letter is from the bank and on the grant the ownership is claimed by the bank so the bank have to issue you the release letter. If can transfer without release letter then no need repay loan also can....:biggrin:

Looks like you got to sell it in Ipoh then.....:banghead:
Ipoh I think the price will be even lower then. Anyhow, roadtax expired, I can't drive the car back to ipoh to ask the used car dealers there. I doubt will be high price.

So, now the car just sit at home. Can only drive to pasar malam :rofl:

twistedpotato

Aug 9, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

I just asked my runner. He said both owner need to give thumbprint authority. However, you can do separately also with certainty you have to transfer the name in 1 week. So i assume in your case your car owner in Ipoh go to jpj ipoh and get thumbprint then after that you insert your thumbprint here in kl. The thumbprints are valid for a week only. If you want the runner's number i can pm you.

Actually if the bank update the ownership title in online system no need to collect the release letter also. I think the system is called e-tukarhakmilik IINM . Only way must check with jpj if updated in the system.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I just asked my runner. He said both owner need to give thumbprint authority. However, you can do separately also with certainty you have to transfer the name in 1 week. So i assume in your case your car owner in Ipoh go to jpj ipoh and get thumbprint then after that you insert your thumbprint here in kl. The thumbprints are valid for a week only. If you want the runner's number i can pm you.

Actually if the bank update the ownership title in online system no need to collect the release letter also. I think the system is called e-tukarhakmilik IINM . Only way must check with jpj if updated in the system.
Thanks bro, will call and ask him. If my friend side cant do it.

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
When I did this two years ago, although there is a online system. The JPJ officer still needs a copy of the release letter. But you will need the bank to amend the registration card anyway so why don't collect release letter as well, they release all documents on the same day you settle.

Release letter give on the spot (when settle final payment), e-tukarmilik took couple days to update. In all took me 30mins to settle at the bank.

But again, 2 years ago so I guess they COULD have changed to be more efficient now..:hmmmm:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
When I did this two years ago, although there is a online system. The JPJ officer still needs a copy of the release letter. But you will need the bank to amend the registration card anyway so why don't collect release letter as well, they release all documents on the same day you settle.

Release letter give on the spot (when settle final payment), e-tukarmilik took couple days to update. In all took me 30mins to settle at the bank.

But again, 2 years ago so I guess they COULD have changed to be more efficient now..:hmmmm:
If cash then might be on the spot but bank draft or banker's cheque will need at least 3 working days to clear. Then can only collect release letter after 5 working days. This is Ambank.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

The new Mysikap system.....Bad for bro. SF.....:banghead:

What bro. Sf means transfer first, but what I mean was Bank must release first whether with letter or online but still the bank must release ownership claim if not no way can transfer...:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
The new Mysikap system.....Bad for bro. SF.....:banghead:

What bro. Sf means transfer first, but what I mean was Bank must release first whether with letter or online but still the bank must release ownership claim if not no way can transfer...:driver:
That's why now I forget it. Gonna do full settlement and transfer ownership to me. Then easier for me to deal in KL. No hassle since now they need both buyer and seller to present during ownership transfer. Is good in a way. But troublesome for me this time round.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That's why now I forget it. Gonna do full settlement and transfer ownership to me. Then easier for me to deal in KL. No hassle since now they need both buyer and seller to present during ownership transfer. Is good in a way. But troublesome for me this time round.
Oh! means confirmed? Then Used car how? Have to learn all new procedure liao....:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Oh! means confirmed? Then Used car how? Have to learn all new procedure liao....:banghead:
I ask a friend that doing used car also. But she say is the new rule that she also not sure whether still can or not but most probably have to have both buyer and seller together for ownership transfer. So, next week hope the uncle is back from outstation work and do JPJ on friday morning. Puspakom doing next thursday morning.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bro/Sifu,

My Kancil got this problem just after doing the top overhaul of my Engine. Went into the same pomen/mechanic and he said something about oil seal leak etc. after all that he had done, its still leaking. my last drive just 2300km and the indicator warning already on. need second opinion from other sifu out there.

TQ for your reply.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience