Problem on myvi yrv turbo ..Gearbox problems

rawther

Known Member
Mar 10, 2014
penang
When,use R,P,2,3 all are working well,but when i use D/4 for driving ..not speed more than 60 k/mh.Its work fine.But,when im speeding more than 80 km/h .. after use brake and stop the car at traffic light.

The car not shift the gear ,sometimes its stuck at 1st gear some time it became to Neutral,even im not change the gear to D/4 to N.If,i still push the gas pedal,the blinking comes on ,i need to restart my car back.After,that everything becames to normal.

If,i still use D/4 and driving on slow speed ..the meter dont move all and indicator says it on fourth gear,even after im stop the car.When,this happen, i will change into D3 , For driving & everthing will be normal.

Until,now im use D3 for driving.If,i use D4 it cost me some problem.

What cost this problem to happen ? is the gearbox sensor or solenoid give this problem ..

Please help me guys ... :(

brorishi

Jan 31, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
My dads Hyundai starex had a similar problem... When the car is on 4th gear (gearbox at D) then slowdown at traffic lights or speed bump... The gear will stuck at 4... Sometimes have to restart car multiple times to get it back to normal... Luckily was still under warranty... They said it was ecu problem... They refreshed it and bam!!... All was back to normal :)

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
Yup..try check if ECU was the problem. Latest change of ATF when?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
sumtimes from the gb itself, can be caused by hard launch or bogus gear oil

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
for auto if gear not engaging is probably ATF, had mine leaked last time, so less atf inside, the gear won't engage at all. u'r like stuck, maybe gearbox gonna fly edi.

rawther

Known Member
Mar 10, 2014
penang
That day ..i was change the car battery ... all was ok.

couples of,month ..the problem start to happen,after that i change the atf oil ..(didnt sure,that i change the filter) a few weeks it was ok... after that all this problem happens again..
But,i still didnt have a oil cooler yet on my car.

thx alot guys.I will message to you after fix the problems :)

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

actually, changing the ATF alone isn't enough. Did you change the filter as well?
I dont notice,that yet ..bro ..
What i know,that mechanic change that ATF oil ... i need to check back that filter ..
Thx,bro.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

for auto if gear not engaging is probably ATF, had mine leaked last time, so less atf inside, the gear won't engage at all. u'r like stuck, maybe gearbox gonna fly edi.
When,it happens ..the mechanic told,me he change that atf oil ...
after couples of weeks ...the problems start again..

i,notice he said ..that he change the filter...
Thx,for the info ..

My,gearbox has no problem on reverse,d1,d2,d3 ....but only problem it happens ..when use d4 ..

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Cheapest will be try an atf change first....
already did ..after couples of weeks ..the problems start backs ..when,im use D/4 for driving ..it stucks ..at first gear.. the problems comes back ..but not notice that,the mechanic change the filter.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

Cheapest will be try an atf change first....
already change it bro ...all seems back to normal ..after few weeks ,the problems seems come back...

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

sumtimes from the gb itself, can be caused by hard launch or bogus gear oil
i hope so ..the gearbox not broken yet ..because,
i have no problem in reverse,d1,d2,d3 ....but only problem it happens ..when use d4 ..

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

its the TCU- transmission control unit.
i see ..soon, i will check it ..how much it will cost ? bro ..

need to buy a TCU From myvi ?? or YRV TCU ??

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Yup..try check if ECU was the problem. Latest change of ATF when?
Ok,bro ..i will check it..

how much a tcu will cost ??

is it same for myvi tcu ..put into yrv ..

last change atf oil was a month ago ..all,seems ok when, use d/4 all smooth ...after a few weeks ..the problem start again ..
when use d/4 for driving..the first gear stucks ..again.

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

My dads Hyundai starex had a similar problem... When the car is on 4th gear (gearbox at D) then slowdown at traffic lights or speed bump... The gear will stuck at 4... Sometimes have to restart car multiple times to get it back to normal... Luckily was still under warranty... They said it was ecu problem... They refreshed it and bam!!... All was back to normal :)
i hope ,it is a tcu problem bro ..

cannot use D/4 For driving ..
until now use d/3 ....

no problems,when reverse,d1,d2,d3 ....but only problem it happens ..when use d4 ..

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
When you change ATF, ideally should change the ATF filter. Because if that's clogged up or dirty, just changing the ATF alone is pointless.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
When you change ATF, ideally should change the ATF filter. Because if that's clogged up or dirty, just changing the ATF alone is pointless.
Bro. Izso, all my years seeing my mechanic change atf filters for various cars of his customers I have not seen any that is clogged. What I mean usually atf won't be that dirty like engine oil, to have so much dirt to clog the filter, right?

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

already change it bro ...all seems back to normal ..after few weeks ,the problems seems come back....
Time to try Lubeguard Platinum atf additive....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ya.. clogged is rare la. But if you've ever seen a 7 year old car which has never changed ATF filter, you should. It's crazy. I dunno how it still runs

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya.. clogged is rare la. But if you've ever seen a 7 year old car which has never changed ATF filter, you should. It's crazy. I dunno how it still runs
The problem with car that have not changed the atf for long long time, they still run, probably on the thicken atf. The moment they change the atf, the gear box will fail.....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
The problem with car that have not changed the atf for long long time, they still run, probably on the thicken atf. The moment they change the atf, the gear box will fail.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone knows where to get Ferodo DS3000 brake pads in KL ?
I know where to get them in Singapore but don't want to travel so far la.
These are for AP Racing 6 pot calipers. Do let me know asap..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience