Problem - Engine Clanking sound 4age 20v

foolat

Known Member
Dec 24, 2005
My car came back from workshop about 2 weeks ago but today a clanking sound appeared in the top engine bay - like a klak klak sound. It was raining today if that helps, and I am using adjustable cam pulleys, idling rev about 1.5-2k... anybdy have any ideas?

Anybody from penng as well who can recommend a place to go take a look or know how to check? Any help will be very much appreciated

george8724

500 RPM
Dec 17, 2004
Kelana Jaya
Visit site
bro ur clanking sound occurs during idling or certain rev?
If it is during idling then i think ur conrod bearing wong fei hung liao
If it is during up to certain rev then it could be ur timing too high or ur conrod bearing wong fei hung liao.

Well it could be other factors as well. Please be specified on the klak klak sound ler.. so that we all here will understand well on the prob that u r facing..

otismummum

500 RPM
Oct 28, 2005
Hmm... you just change your engine? Tak Tak Tak sound for 20V is very normal le. All my friends 20V have that same sound

foolat

Known Member
Dec 24, 2005
i think I found the problem guys... my adj. cam pulleys are out from the original setting... car can't start now...

And also one of the screws to tighten the adj. cam pulley is worn out... can't tighten because there's no thread anymore... is it easy to re-thread the screw hole?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

Need some help here. I'm looking to the 4G63 -6AN fuel rail adapters with O-ring(inlet and outlet) as shown in the picture. Any idea where can I buy it? Thanks.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience