Preferred Piggyback ECU for 1JZGTE VVTI.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Dear All,

As per title, is it advisable to delete MAF sensor and use 3 BAR MAP sensor to handle the 1JZGTE VVTI. What i've gathered is with MAP sensor, we can manage the AFR more accurately and tuning for more powaaaahhh will be easier in future.

I have been offered of a Greddy Emanage Blue + Boost Pressure Sensor (not sure same with MAP sensor or not) to get the job done. Before i get into wild things like this, please share some inputs.

Thanks,
Ken

Last edited:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
power yes, but im not sure if altitude will have any affect.

Anyway, I wont go for emanage, straight go for standalone. Can your ecu remap?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
power yes, but im not sure if altitude will have any affect.

Anyway, I wont go for emanage, straight go for standalone. Can your ecu remap?
No the ECU can’t be remapped, i don’t want any complicated job so i am opting for piggyback only. I want to optmize the AFR and possibly increase a little boost on turbo, target HP is 350 at the crank. However some guys said it’s not needed to convert to MAP if i am not boosting over 500hp.

Thanks,
Ken

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Dear All,

As per title, is it advisable to delete MAF sensor and use 3 BAR MAP sensor to handle the 1JZGTE VVTI. What i've gathered is with MAP sensor, we can manage the AFR more accurately and tuning for more powaaaahhh will be easier in future.

I have been offered of a Greddy Emanage Blut + Boost Pressure Sensor (not sure same with MAP sensor or not) to get the job done. Before i get into wild things like this, please share some inputs.

Thanks,
Ken

tuning with map sensor alone means going for speed density tuning...

and the fact it will be handled by emanage blue.. that is notorious for being faulty/clone or lost its tune out of nowhere.....

i suggest u keep the stock ecu tune...unless u were going with higher and better standalone ecu....

and with the nature of tuner in malaysia way of tuning, u can expect losing on fuel consumption, smooth driving and likely smooth idling that is on stock ecu....

trust me...if u were not going to mod the engine all out, keeping it stock tune by stock ecu is a much better option for road car.....

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
tuning with map sensor alone means going for speed density tuning...

and the fact it will be handled by emanage blue.. that is notorious for being faulty/clone or lost its tune out of nowhere.....

i suggest u keep the stock ecu tune...unless u were going with higher and better standalone ecu....

and with the nature of tuner in malaysia way of tuning, u can expect losing on fuel consumption, smooth driving and likely smooth idling that is on stock ecu....

trust me...if u were not going to mod the engine all out, keeping it stock tune by stock ecu is a much better option for road car.....
I am not looking at crazy power upgrades (YET) but wanted to optimize the AFR. I had modified all the, exhaust, downpipe, intake and intercooler pipings when converting the engine in a E46 chassis and i am pretty the air flow measurement is slightly off compare to stock tubes. My gut feelings telling me that the current engine performance is not optimal yet. Idling may be stable but during drive, the acceleration is kinda off as i am expecting even stronger pull.

I have 2 options now, Unichip Q and Emanage Blue, obviously Emanage blue is not everybody's favorite so i will pass on that. What do you guys think of Unichip ? Last time there was this RS Tune used to tune Unichip in Puchong.

Thanks,
Ken

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I am not looking at crazy power upgrades (YET) but wanted to optimize the AFR. I had modified all the, exhaust, downpipe, intake and intercooler pipings when converting the engine in a E46 chassis and i am pretty the air flow measurement is slightly off compare to stock tubes. My gut feelings telling me that the current engine performance is not optimal yet. Idling may be stable but during drive, the acceleration is kinda off as i am expecting even stronger pull.

I have 2 options now, Unichip Q and Emanage Blue, obviously Emanage blue is not everybody's favorite so i will pass on that. What do you guys think of Unichip ? Last time there was this RS Tune used to tune Unichip in Puchong.

Thanks,
Ken

im not saying that u cant use emanage blue... just that device capability not worth going to map sensor based...unless the tuner is definately able to smooth things out on every driving occasion...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Thanks,
Ken
Hey you think we could meet up one day and let me sit in your car for comparisons sake? You're running on stock turbo right?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Hey you think we could meet up one day and let me sit in your car for comparisons sake? You're running on stock turbo right?
Yup sure, however weekends only i am available.

Edit: still using stock turbo and manifold, only modified down pipe.

Thanks,
Ken

Last edited: