Pre-Sale Detailing : Mercedes S Class Epic Restoration

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

This is gonna one of those very simple post, very straight forward jobs that we do without any coating application, but instead we decided to go crazy while the customer only asked for a simple polish before he sells the car off. It is going to be EPIC.

First of all, the typical S Class is mostly driven by a driver and also maintained by a driver. Drivers are not trained to wash or even have the proper washing equipment to wash a car, so they would just use whatever cloth/tissue/rag with whatever combo of shampoo/dishwasher/cloths detergent they can find around and clean the car. In this case, the driver had been using a very rough rag to wash the car for the past 7 years.

Upon shining the light onto the paint, we really did expect the condition to come out like this. Well, what did you expect for 7 years of torture?

An added bonus, we don't even require lighting to be able to see the scratches, swirls and other paint defects.

As usual, we washed and clayed the car. Getting it ready for polishing was really a pain in the A**. Eventually, we reached the polishing stage. I will be very honest to our readers, this is not a flawless perfect job, it was supposed to be just a light polishing to give it a quick shine and smooth paint. This is a before shot with the sun.

1st stage polish we were able to do maybe a 40% recovery?

Feeling irritated we decided to go all out and just do a good one and not just a light polish. Although we did not ask the customer for approval, we were not even going to charge extra for the extra work. It just felt right that the car deserved a full recovery. After all, its still a S Class

After a intense 4 stage detailing, we achieve a 80-90% recover. There are still some severe damages that cannot be removed as it has just gone too deep, but again, what can you do with its the first ever polish since day 1 of the Merc's life?

Moving on to using LED lightings, with the help of a tripod, we are able to show you guys, the same panel, after multiple stages of detailing. This is prior any detailing.Firs
First stage, cutting through all the damages.

Second stage, leaving behind some light random isolated deep scratches.

Our instinct told us to just push for the last pass and we did. This was the outcome. There are still some light scratches but I guess it is good enought?

It was supposed to be a quick and straight forward 3hours polishing but it resulted in an intense 10hour hardcore recovery which we were quite satisfied at. The owner jaw dropped when he saw the car but the who are we to judge, If you like our work, please do subscribe and give us a like on facebook =)

Finally for the results, we do not use lighting, we do not use any signature shot gimmicks, and of course, our photos are all unedited except the number plates, cheers.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
No words can describe that superb job well done bro. :congrats:
Like brand new...:top:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Nice.

But I'm surprised a 7 year old S class has no stone chips and nicks here and there?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Nice.

But I'm surprised a 7 year old S class has no stone chips and nicks here and there?
Maybe cuz is black? :smile:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
No words can describe that superb job well done bro. :congrats:
Like brand new...:top:
biasa je la, im not as legendary as u know who. Im just doing what is correct without trying to manipulate. anyways, another epic post coming in 3 days time ;)

Nice.

well, when the mileage of the car is less than 50k, used solely for meeting clients, you'll know why there is not chips and nicks.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
biasa je la, im not as legendary as u know who. Im just doing what is correct without trying to manipulate. anyways, another epic post coming in 3 days time ;)

well, when the mileage of the car is less than 50k, used solely for meeting clients, you'll know why there is not chips and nicks.
:top: Will be waiting. Then the new owner will be damn lucky. So low mileage.
If u buy it then good la haha! You detail your car before buying it :biggrin:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
:top: Will be waiting. Then the new owner will be damn lucky. So low mileage.
If u buy it then good la haha! You detail your car before buying it :biggrin:
cant afford such cars bro haha but my monster is gonna be ready soon. 1.5bar of boost crz xD

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
cant afford such cars bro haha but my monster is gonna be ready soon. 1.5bar of boost crz xD
Ulu yam cant go with you...different league :rofl:
Terus masuk K20A type r bro haha!

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i've seen plenty of monster cars in ipoh..i myself is from ipoh but i never heard of any place to dyno in ipoh. any sifu here knows?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience