PR - To reduce prices of car if they win GE

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Here is my opinion.. Both electric and and water utility company goes back to the state, or the government. Do not privatise this any more. From this the Gov or state should have enough cash flow to abolish other stupid taxes..And the AP.. abolish it! Let see how Proton and Perodua will wake up from their long sweet dreams to compete with others!!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Here is my opinion.. Both electric and and water utility company goes back to the state, or the government. Do not privatise this any more. From this the Gov or state should have enough cash flow to abolish other stupid taxes..And the AP.. abolish it! Let see how Proton and Perodua will wake up from their long sweet dreams to compete with others!!
101% Agree! Remove AP so that our local car makers like Proton and Perodua will do something
about their cars. Instead of thinking they are safe just cuz imported cars are more expensive...

Imagine if a City/Vios same price as Myvi 1.5SE, which one do u think stand the chance for
higher sales now? Definitely not Myvi. Everyone knows or they themselves thinks that their cars
are much more affordable surely ppl will buy.

Which is why they dun even bother much about Good Customer service/after sales service.
Quality wise also not really taken into serious consideration.

Well, I just know that this wont happen at all...our G will not let such a thing to happen..:banghead:

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Lets just look at one simple scenario first...
If car price is reduced when PR win the GE, what do u think will happen to those who are halfway / just started their HP (Hire Purchase) loan with the banks?
What will happened to this bunch of people (and mind u, its not just a small group)?
Do you seriously think that the banks will adjust the loan to reflect the new value of the car?
My money is the bank will show u the middle finger and ask u to go on servicing the loan.

(flame suit on)
:rofl:
I was thinking about that too. That would be a problem, but a good problem that is. If you weight out the pros and cons, I'm sure people will be much happier to have the car price reduced whether or not they've just started to service their loan or not because it's for the better good and long term for everyone.

One way (not so nice) is to find out where has all that money gone to, whether it's the AP or tax. Then make them pay back partially for those people that earn less than 3k per month for EXAMPLE. It's still a very rough idea but better than nothing.

bLACKjAC

Known Member
Aug 11, 2007
Our local car manufacturers have very high production costs, why? because the parts they purchase are expensive (or higher than market price), why? because the process would go through agents A, B, C, D......., and who are these agents? you know I know lah. Local car manufacturers' issue are not that simple, it links to many politicians and local parts manufacturer.

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
i am all for cheaper car price...

but the problem is, what is the mechanism involved?
how are they going to implement it?
it is just no as simple as wiping off everything over night...

do u think those that who just started servicing their loans / halfway through their loan will be happy at their sudden pile of worthless metal?

i am all for finding the leakage, plugging it and then hung those responsible for the leakage for the world to see...
not literally hang la but u get the drift...
:biggrin::biggrin:

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i am all for cheaper car price...

but the problem is, what is the mechanism involved?
how are they going to implement it?
it is just no as simple as wiping off everything over night...

do u think those that who just started servicing their loans / halfway through their loan will be happy at their sudden pile of worthless metal?

i am all for finding the leakage, plugging it and then hung those responsible for the leakage for the world to see...
not literally hang la but u get the drift...
:biggrin::biggrin:
Yup agreed it's not so straightforward. It's a one off thing. Those who will be hit most badly is those who took a bigger amount i.e. the middle class. I barely finished servicing my 1st year of 6 years loan but I'd gladly accept lower car prices anyday for the betterment of Malaysia.

Would you?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
When talking about cars, mod, DIY etc. rarely words like 'stupid' and 'you monkeys' being used. But when it comes to politics... :rolleyes:
because many jumping around.....:rofl:

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Our local car manufacturers have very high production costs, why? because the parts they purchase are expensive (or higher than market price), why? because the process would go through agents A, B, C, D......., and who are these agents? you know I know lah. Local car manufacturers' issue are not that simple, it links to many politicians and local parts manufacturer.
Not easy to get to be A,B,C, D also......:banghead:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
if reduce bit by bit , ok la..

say 10% tax reduction per annum..?

but those 2nd car dealer will die.. coz they have stocks in their yard.. they already buy the cars by the dozen

i'd say car dealer won't agree to this.. unless the gov do something to compensate them..

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
if reduce bit by bit , ok la..

say 10% tax reduction per annum..?

but those 2nd car dealer will die.. coz they have stocks in their yard.. they already buy the cars by the dozen

i'd say car dealer won't agree to this.. unless the gov do something to compensate them..
Used car dealers. Yes a mechanism must be in place. Likewise for the car owners who are servicing their loans. There needs to be date of implementation as well. Etc. lots of details.

As for politics I will say this. The truth doesn't matter to most people. The perceived truth is more important - which is why BN is in power for so long. They control all the television channels in Malaysia and all the newspapers.

That being said, parallel importers using AP should not be compensated. That's their problem. They gotten AP over the years and ripped us off enough. They should suffer and feel the pain after enjoying exclusivity and their elite status for the past twenty years.

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Used car dealers. Yes a mechanism must be in place. Likewise for the car owners who are servicing their loans. There needs to be date of implementation as well. Etc. lots of details.

As for politics I will say this. The truth doesn't matter to most people. The perceived truth is more important - which is why BN is in power for so long. They control all the television channels in Malaysia and all the newspapers.

That being said, parallel importers using AP should not be compensated. That's their problem. They gotten AP over the years and ripped us off enough. They should suffer and feel the pain after enjoying exclusivity and their elite status for the past twenty years.
What are parallel importers? Examples?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
car price go down, fuel price go up (at least no more subsidize), then will be ok. I just afraid import tax will be raise for car parts will be raise.

shark79

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
classicjapanesecars.blogspot.com
another PR empty promise i suppose, i am totally for lower car tax but nothing to stop business owners from maximising profit? Tax goes down but car dealer's still sell their car's at a market price due to demand so bigger profit margin for them.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey people, i want to ask where is the location of the metal bodykit work,
i heard in USJ got 1 shop by indian dude is fantastic. any1 know the exact location? tq tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience