PR - To reduce prices of car if they win GE

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Why talking about reduce car prices become talk about UNISEL, port klang etc.? WTF.

I will summarize as this. The government has been the same since the dawn of Malaysia. Our automotive industry is a laughing stock, the automotive companies we are told to be proud of can't hold a candle in the global arena and been feeding off patriotism forced down our throat by the government through excise and duties.

The "AP" scheme practiced only made a few fortunate individuals rich, but did nothing to establish Malaysia as an automotive hub in SEA. Car manufacturers flock to Thailand to set up shop, not Malaysia, ever ask yourself why? They suffer floods in Thailand, plus there's a language barrier compared to Malaysia where most Malaysians can speak simple English versus Thais.

From all perspective -- the weather/land available, manpower favors Malaysia, yet they go to Thailand. Why? Would YOU like to have VW and Audi building cars in Malaysia? Would YOU like to have BMW setup plants here? I know I do.

Then, do YOU like Lynas setting up shop here? I know I don't.

So, this is what is happening under the current government, the same government since the birth of our country. They cannot blame anyone, they cannot say the previous government screwed them over. If the direction they are taking doesn't point towards improving, I will gladly take my chances with the opposition. With the recent Lynas being approved to operate, and VW forced to raise the price of their Polo by RM30k. It is enough.

I have enough of this bullshit. I love my country, and I do support Proton & Perodua. But does that mean I love the monkeys running my country to ruin? No. Does that mean I support Proton & Perodua making sub par cars and hope to live off the rakyat? No.

So you monkeys who say you have no choice, you do have a choice. The vote in your hand is your choice. You can either join me to make a difference at the GE, or you can continue to sit there and say no choice.

I am not a fortune teller, I do not know what the future holds with the opposition.
BUT, I KNOW what the future holds with the current government. Lynas, privatization of Proton was robbing the rakyat's property into a private holding.. and if this continues they will rob us all of everything our country have. Save your country.

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
actually its kinda sad to see that most malaysian's still cannot see beyond the domino effect of car prices...
:)

u wan cheap car, can u pay the market rate for petrol (i know petrol will bring up another whole new discussion)?
and when petrol/fuel is at market rate, what do u think will go up (just rewind back to when fuel is blasted up to RM 2.70/litre)?
when the fuel prices comes down again, did the price of others that went up comes down accordingly?
so if fuel is at the market rate, what do u think our roti canai price will cost?
u think those mamak will absorb the cost meh?
they are doing business u know... not charity...
:D

in the long run, at the end of the day, i would dare say our disposable income will be lesser...

in my view, we should plug the leakage first (kick out corruption) and ways to increase the annual income/disposable income of malaysians then only start going down to things like this...
start from the top...

(i know i will be sandblasted to kingdom come...)
:rofl:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
actually its kinda sad to see that most malaysian's still cannot see beyond the domino effect of car prices...

u wan cheap car, can u pay the market rate for petrol (i know petrol will bring up another whole new discussion)?
and when petrol/fuel is at market rate, what do u think will go up (just rewind back to when fuel is blasted up to RM 2.70/litre)?
when the fuel prices comes down again, did the price of others that went up comes down accordingly?
so if fuel is at the market rate, what do u think our roti canai price will cost?
u think those mamak will absorb the cost meh?
they are doing business u know... not charity...
:D

in the long run, at the end of the day, i would dare say our disposable income will be lesser...

in my view, we should plug the leakage first (kick out corruption) and ways to increase the annual income/disposable income of malaysians then only start going down to things like this...
start from the top...

(i know i will be sandblasted to kingdom come...)
The income generated from excise duties and AP is not used compensate the fuel subsidy. revenue generated from AP is going to the pockets of elite few while subsidy is from rakyat generated from other avenues. Sorry I don't see why it correlates. Two different matters. And fuel subsidy is bullshit, our fuel prices are the highest among countries that produces oil and gas! I wonder if the mass population of Malaysia are stupid or cannot count.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Winning a few states really cant prove anything..moreover to those who's living in FT. I believe most of us know that PR wont fare much better than BN, but at least we sure know 1 thing. We want to change and that's the opposition. So the extra "promises" , just some bonuses if they keep them, am I right?
Most seats are won by PR, but FT still under BN woh!......:banghead:

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Well, since you're so clever and knows a lot about finance and accounting, how do think they will provide free tertiary education and abolish PTPTN? Oh, by the way, your kind words reflect your upbringing a lot you know. I think your parents must be really proud. :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Yeah, my bad... But the point that I try to make here is that they suppose to have a lot of revenues from many sources. Is it to too hard for them to provide loans for the poor Unisel students that they have to sell Unisel's assets? Back to the topic, 'PR - To reduce prices of car if they win GE'. They just give empty promise without giving any strategy or at least a working plan to implement it. They could win more votes if they did that. I'm not taking any sides here, it's just that I feel disgusted at politicians who said they will do this, do that but in the end nothing really happens. BN politicians are more or less the same. When the election is coming they gave all sorts of '1Malaysia' aids to fish for votes. That is disgusting also...
Dude at first you made a statement that the Selangor gov could not afford to provide loans, then when I gave you that link you changed your statement to oh it's bad management to sell the assets and how do you think they'll provide free tertiary education and all..

And then you went on saying that (refer to quote in green colour)

You're contradicting yourself the whole way man. Well done.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Gentlemen, don't need to be rude and using offensive words guys. Is just merely a discussion. You have the right to disagree
with others but no reason to use harsh words. Is a friendly discussion. Not a debate or argument. Everyone has their own
opinion.

If you disagree or think that what the other individual posted is wrong, there is always a better way to educate them or just
share your point of view. Not necessary people have to agree with what you said. Is all very subjective on what others
is thinking.

How you react, is how others gonna react. Try shouting at the person in the mirror. U will know what I mean. :top:

Anyway, politics stuff, best not discuss much la, really sensitive issue. We don't know who is supporting who in here.
Even among friends could stir up a fight. Take football for example :biggrin:

Just vote wisely will do :wink:

Cheers :beer:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Gentlemen, don't need to be rude and using offensive words guys. Is just merely a discussion. You have the right to disagree
with others but no reason to use harsh words. Is a friendly discussion. Not a debate or argument. Everyone has their own
opinion.

If you disagree or think that what the other individual posted is wrong, there is always a better way to educate them or just
share your point of view. Not necessary people have to agree with what you said. Is all very subjective on what others
is thinking.

How you react, is how others gonna react. Try shouting at the person in the mirror. U will know what I mean. :top:

Anyway, politics stuff, best not discuss much la, really sensitive issue. We don't know who is supporting who in here.

I'm not sharing my "point of view"
I'm stating facts

1. Our national car maker is not competitive globally.
2. Our automotive industry is non existent - other than national makes.
3. Our AP scheme is making only a select few rich, while the masses get nothing.

This is all under the current government. :)

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I'm not sharing my "point of view"
I'm stating facts

1. Our national car maker is not competitive globally.
2. Our automotive industry is non existent - other than national makes.
3. Our AP scheme is making only a select few rich, while the masses get nothing.

This is all under the current government. :)
Not referring to u la bro...definitely not u. :laugh:

Agree with facts number 1,2 and 3 :top:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
opinion.

is thinking.

Spot on brother. Please discuss, debate still can but don't argue lah!

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
opinion.

is thinking.

Sure, noted with thanks! Pardon me for my lack of online etiquette

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
The income generated from excise duties and AP is not used compensate the fuel subsidy. revenue generated from AP is going to the pockets of elite few while subsidy is from rakyat generated from other avenues. Sorry I don't see why it correlates. Two different matters. And fuel subsidy is bullshit, our fuel prices are the highest among countries that produces oil and gas! I wonder if the mass population of Malaysia are stupid or cannot count.
i did not directly mentioned that income from excise duties is used for fuel...
i used fuel because we all can relate to it and because this is a car junkie forum...

my main concern is the domino effect of this....
hence i am always a believer of plugging the leak first and then next is fool proof blue print of what is going where to stabilize the ship before going down to things like this...

but then again, those are politicians speaking...
give chance or not, at the end of the day, politicians will be politicians...

as much as i hate BN, frankly speaking, the opposition is not really that great either...
i went to quite a number of DAP/PKR/PAS dinner/ceramah, and most of the time i heard is BN bashing.. nothing about what is their roadmap for the future of the state/country or even their own area...

ok fark politics talk first...

Lets just look at one simple scenario first...
If car price is reduced when PR win the GE, what do u think will happen to those who are halfway / just started their HP (Hire Purchase) loan with the banks?
What will happened to this bunch of people (and mind u, its not just a small group)?
Do you seriously think that the banks will adjust the loan to reflect the new value of the car?
My money is the bank will show u the middle finger and ask u to go on servicing the loan.

(flame suit on)

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What else will they talk about? Isn't it the best way to attack someone is to tell about the bad things they did, or what they cannot do....ha! ha!
There will always be pros and cons with whoever is in control. You fall in pro bracket you will say good, you fall in the cons bracket, sure you will hantam left and right loh.....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Best example is look at the debate...I mean argument between CSL and LGE, CSL keep bashing DAP and LGE and keep running out
of topic...:rofl: :laugh: really funny...

Just find it more like a comedy which is why I watch the whole debate :rofl:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
When talking about cars, mod, DIY etc. rarely words like 'stupid' and 'you monkeys' being used. But when it comes to politics... :rolleyes:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello there car sifu.

please help me on deciding which one is better.

lightened Crank pulley:

Zerone vs Works vs Jasma vs aerospeed vs mythelogy

exhaust system:

i was thinking to install Dsport full exhaust system but i was just wondering,is there any other brand which is good for performance but > (low noise):biggrin:.

spark plug:
BRISK A-Line Yttrium vs Brisk Silver Racing vs Denso Iridium.

best coolant for myvi 1.3(traffic jam+aircond 24/7)

best lubrication for 5000km fast...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience