Post your HOTWHEELS Collection Here

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
I have also detailed a Tomica cool drive WRX STI that I bought recently. It is a plastic body, so changing wheels is also easier as I don't know how to remove the rivet in steel castings. Tried to mimic the daytime running LED in the car. Also added the clear area for the rear reverse lamp.
U can remove the rivet by using soldering machine or drill using 2.5mm bit...rescrew back with small screw after change the wheels....

Tomica cars are expensive but more solid & paint not easily came off like HW....my kids got few tomicas but to them its still the same as HW cars so no point spending more than it should...1 tomica cars can even buy 5 HWs :smokin:

I like the retro tomicas but too expensive for a 1/64 scale car :banghead:

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Yeah bro that the Common Treasure Hunt card (with round logo) & the other one is the Super Treasure hunt card (with TH logo)

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yeah bro that the Common Treasure Hunt card (with round logo) & the other one is the Super Treasure hunt card (with TH logo)
Treasure Hunt can still be found occasionally. But super is too rare. Never seen before except by resellers.

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Treasure Hunt can still be found occasionally. But super is too rare. Never seen before except by resellers.
Unless u got the access to their store maybe u might have a chance to get 1......yesterday my fren got access to 14 cases but only found 2 $TH Toyota Falken pick-up truck

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Unless u got the access to their store maybe u might have a chance to get 1......yesterday my fren got access to 14 cases but only found 2 $TH Toyota Falken pick-up truck
My luck with HW went rather bad after May 2016 this year. Before, I often can get something nice off the pegs. Now, this is what I got since then until now...

Attachments

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I accept that real new car prices go up largely due to our govt and policies.
Now even hot wheel toy car prices oso gone up. GST 6% I supposed.

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
My luck with HW went rather bad after May 2016 this year. Before, I often can get something nice off the pegs. Now, this is what I got since then until now...
Those used to be pegwarmers now even pegwarmers gone with the wind :rofl:

Ken yeang,

if 6% increase only collectors are more than happy to buy without complaining....problem is usually it cost more than 100% markup from retail price :banghead:

those retired card also now selling up to thousand of ringgit for the special one...talking about bad economy :smokin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I accept that real new car prices go up largely due to our govt and policies.
Now even hot wheel toy car prices oso gone up. GST 6% I supposed.
Retail price? As far as I know, before and after GST it is still at RM7.90

And RM shrinking also......:banghead:
Hotwheels are manufactured here actually, lol... But I heard the price in USA is actually 1 dollar per car while here it is RM7.90 per car... Even those in USA are shipped from Malaysia but still cheaper...

Those used to be pegwarmers now even pegwarmers gone with the wind :rofl:

Ken yeang,

if 6% increase only collectors are more than happy to buy without complaining....problem is usually it cost more than 100% markup from retail price :banghead:

those retired card also now selling up to thousand of ringgit for the special one...talking about bad economy :smokin:
So many people scalping them, but actually how many are willing to buy it from resellers...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Anyone made any comparison with the detail of yester-years die cast, compared to today's die cast?

I still have a few of my old old diecast cars. Damn good built quality, good detail, and last long. HW's cars' wheels today easily becoming "cambered". Paint on the HW car quite rough....Plastic windscreen easily scratched.

My first purchase of die cast was only RM2.50. I know, those were grandfather dayzzzzz.....Cheaper and better toy cars....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Anyone made any comparison with the detail of yester-years die cast, compared to today's die cast?

I still have a few of my old old diecast cars. Damn good built quality, good detail, and last long. HW's cars' wheels today easily becoming "cambered". Paint on the HW car quite rough....Plastic windscreen easily scratched.

My first purchase of die cast was only RM2.50. I know, those were grandfather dayzzzzz.....Cheaper and better toy cars....
What brand is it?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hotwheels are manufactured here actually, lol... But I heard the price in USA is actually 1 dollar per car while here it is RM7.90 per car... Even those in USA are shipped from Malaysia but still cheaper...
If all raw materials can be sourced locally.....lol:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If all raw materials can be sourced locally.....lol:biggrin:
I still couldn't get it that why USA can sell it at 1 dollar per car. Even by today's exchange rate, it is still cheaper than RM7.90. Plus the shipping costs to USA is higher too...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i saw many ppl decals their car .some in front door some back ,is it too much looks bad or else? give comments thanks

i wanted to do too but looks like ... *&*& so n so buruk a bit

cause all stock parts heehe no apexi, others but if DHS nvm
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience