Post your HOTWHEELS Collection Here

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Anyone made any comparison with the detail of yester-years die cast, compared to today's die cast?

I still have a few of my old old diecast cars. Damn good built quality, good detail, and last long. HW's cars' wheels today easily becoming "cambered". Paint on the HW car quite rough....Plastic windscreen easily scratched.

My first purchase of die cast was only RM2.50. I know, those were grandfather dayzzzzz.....Cheaper and better toy cars....
Yeah remember during small kids HW were only RM2.50-2.90....we can get the rejected cars for 50cents at pasar malam....nowadays HW cars are plactic based, not metal anymore...paint easily came-off especially on wheels

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
So many people scalping them, but actually how many are willing to buy it from resellers...
Sometimes have to pay premium price to get the nice card especially lately....i have couple of runners who hunt for me but have to pay little extra lohh

latest haul....more to come this afternoon :nurse:

IMG-20161117-WA0020.jpg

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wah! real serious collector woh!!!!!

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

I still couldn't get it that why USA can sell it at 1 dollar per car. Even by today's exchange rate, it is still cheaper than RM7.90. Plus the shipping costs to USA is higher too...
Many things involved. Profit margin, taxes (export is duty free if factories has export status)

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Sometimes have to pay premium price to get the nice card especially lately....i have couple of runners who hunt for me but have to pay little extra lohh

latest haul....more to come this afternoon :nurse:

View attachment 560449
Really nice stuff. All from pegs or got from straight from factory?

I would love to get one of that tooned camaro even if they come with plastic wheels instead of rubber like yours.

Wah! real serious collector woh!!!!!

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Many things involved. Profit margin, taxes (export is duty free if factories has export status)
Which means Malaysia market wants a higher profit than USA... :banghead:

With current economy & oil prices, toy car is the only thing I can afford atm :banghead:
I actually thought you drive BMW based on your profile pic. :biggrin:

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Really nice stuff. All from pegs or got from straight from factory?

I would love to get one of that tooned camaro even if they come with plastic wheels instead of rubber like yours.

I actually thought you drive BMW based on your profile pic. :biggrin:
Its from TRU newly restock but it didn't manage to get to that peg lol....gone before it can reach peg...

hehehe I drive beemer but got many other hobbies too bro :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Its from TRU newly restock but it didn't manage to get to that peg lol....gone before it can reach peg...

hehehe I drive beemer but got many other hobbies too bro :biggrin:

Means internal work? Someone took them before they are placed on pegs...

If you drive BMW and say you can only afford to play toy cars now, then I'm probably worse than you. :biggrin:

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Means internal work? Someone took them before they are placed on pegs...

If you drive BMW and say you can only afford to play toy cars now, then I'm probably worse than you. :biggrin:
Not internal work lah bro i just pay someone to wait & hunt for during restock if i can't participate during that time, but usually i also wait & hunt myself during restock....easy for me as i work above shopping mall :rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Not internal work lah bro i just pay someone to wait & hunt for during restock if i can't participate during that time, but usually i also wait & hunt myself during restock....easy for me as i work above shopping mall :rofl:
Work above shopping mall? MidValley is it? :biggrin:

How much you pay the person to help you get the cars?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Nope not MV :biggrin:

I usually pay around Rm3-RM5 per cars depend on the cars & card variant :burnout:
I din't know much about the malls with office above them except MidValley.

RM3-RM5 per car is still cheaper than getting from resellers who sold them at RM15 each or even RM20 for rare JDM models. Do you sell them or you keep all of them to yourself?

Time to post some of my cars again since this is a HW collection thread.

Attachments

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
I din't know much about the malls with office above them except MidValley.

RM3-RM5 per car is still cheaper than getting from resellers who sold them at RM15 each or even RM20 for rare JDM models. Do you sell them or you keep all of them to yourself?

Time to post some of my cars again since this is a HW collection thread.
The twin towers is on top of shopping mall too :biggrin:

I buy for my own personal collection but sometimes i do sell some to my colleagues if they want it....i'm currently building HotWheels wallpaper in my kids room

Retro Gran Turismo card
DSC_1019.jpg

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The twin towers is on top of shopping mall too :biggrin:

I buy for my own personal collection but sometimes i do sell some to my colleagues if they want it....i'm currently building HotWheels wallpaper in my kids room

Retro Gran Turismo card
View attachment 560460
Ah, I forgot about that. So, you work there?

Very nice decoration of HotWheels cars. These are not even sold in retail shops at Ipoh. Can only get through resellers and they are not cheap.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys...im having this problem...the doors warning light..is ON even when all the doors properly shut...
only the warning indicator light OFF when i startted the engine....it comes back to normal...
problem occured when engine is off...shut all the doors...ON the alarm...the warning indicator light still ON....

what seems to be the problem...is it the wiring problem...already tested all the doors point button...push it several times and monitor at the warning indicator lights near the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience