plz help me to build up my toyota soarer...

alan_fung

Known Member
Jun 3, 2005
Subang Jaya
I am currently owning a toyota soarer GZ10, which the 1st generation of toyota soarer... i'd modify a bit actually like engine transplant, new paint, 17" 3 pieces rims, HID, and so on... whatelse do i need to get to make it drift-able? and... i need to dress it up... any suggestion? thanks alot~

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
alan

what engine are u running on now? if it's the original 1g-ge... it's underpowered... or if it's the 7MGTE.. it's overkill!!.... petrol that is. hehehe..

anyway, yeah, true like nottyeddy said... u might wanna think about getting LSD.

btw.. do check in at www.drift.com.my for more info and i'm sure some of the drifters there can help u with ur car. I know of a person in banting using the same car as yours.. with 1JZGTE and LSD. ;)

alan_fung

Known Member
Jun 3, 2005
Subang Jaya
which soarer did u guys mention? the one that attended off the street? hmmm... if it is the one... i would say that... it is actually same model as mine... but... he changed Z20's nose kit... that's y it looks a bit different... well... LSD... what it helps for drifting when engine provides the power into two wheels? i knew i need LSD... but i dun understand y it is needed... too bad that my car is using 1G-GTE... i transplanted it when i was form 4... by that time... 1JZ-GTE was out of stock... i was only thinking that to own a turbo car... pretty childish thinking... now... i am damn regret... but i am going to change 1JZ-GTE soon... yet... owning an old school has got it disadvantages... i can't get any good suspension for my car... will show u guys the photo soon k? and anyway... here is a pic of a soarer with bodykit... RB26DETT transplant... seen in tokyo 2005 autosaloon... this is the 1st time i attach picture... not sure whether it works...

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
dude

that's awesome pic u got there!

anyway, been talking with the banting guys... seems that u can modify R32 LSD into your car. the reason u need lsd is because u want ur rear tyres spinning together, not just one side at a time. thus, will give u more positive angle and control of ur car when drifting.

1G-GTE is a good engine and driftable. just boost up around 0.8 or 0.9 bar and see how the car will be happy to go... :D hehehe.. one common upgrade is to change the twin turbo setup to single turbo setup using ST205 turbo or 1JZ GTE VVTi turbo (single turbo version). believe me, u already got the engine to drift... use it until u can't use it at all.. then only u transplant 1JZ.

just imho...

alan_fung

Known Member
Jun 3, 2005
Subang Jaya
thanks buddy...

well that's amazing reply man! R32 can fit yeah? okay man i will try to look for it! it makes me feel more desperate to ship my soarer over here man... hehehe... well... i think 1G-GTE is a bit under power man... well... probably because it's stock... maybe i should try single turbo conversion like u said... but one thing... it's hard for my car to even skid u know? my rims r 17" , 9" rear and 17" , 8" front... the width of my rims stabled my car alot! oh hei man... what about suspension? stock suspension can be use rite? look at this picture! D1? i got no idea man... saw it once in a magazine...

sexycar

4,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2004
©ït¥ ðf Thïêvê§
Visit site
U can custom make drift specs absorber over at Titan in KL. They can make
absorbers for any cars, high-low adjustable as well. But price would be around
RM3000 I think. There's a car same like yours in my neighbourhood... it has
a 2500 emblem at the back so its 2.5cc i assume.
That Black 1 at the events are the most driftable car I've ever seen... I just
hate that fella so much cos he just play with the throttle a bit & that car would
go sideways... so little effort... he can drift at 20km/h easily... darnnn... 1JZ
so powerful... I have to struggle so much on my 1.3 engine which probably
translate to 35hp on wheel... lollll!!! .... anyway, anyone got a KE70 1.3 gearbox
for sale? mine exploding soon.....

alan_fung

Known Member
Jun 3, 2005
Subang Jaya
sexycar said:
U can custom make drift specs absorber over at Titan in KL. They can make
absorbers for any cars, high-low adjustable as well. But price would be around
RM3000 I think. There's a car same like yours in my neighbourhood... it has
a 2500 emblem at the back so its 2.5cc i assume.
That Black 1 at the events are the most driftable car I've ever seen... I just
hate that fella so much cos he just play with the throttle a bit & that car would
go sideways... so little effort... he can drift at 20km/h easily... darnnn... 1JZ
so powerful... I have to struggle so much on my 1.3 engine which probably
translate to 35hp on wheel... lollll!!! .... anyway, anyone got a KE70 1.3 gearbox
for sale? mine exploding soon.....
bro... i've heard of that too... but i am just wondering whether it is reliable... the price looks alright if it's with adjustable mounting and adjustable soft hard... do u know the exact location for that shop? well... that black soarer looks alright to me... but seriously... i won't change Z20 facelift into Z10... Z10 can look nice too... and ya... 1JZGTE is powerful... probably there isn't many high hp car on the road... when i was in perth... i was driving a Supra JZA70... tell u what... i couldn't smoke any R33GTS... somehow... there r alot of Holden with 5.0cc or 6.0cc... u won't think that 1JZGTE is powerful... lol... i skid so easily when i was driving my previous supra... somehow the road condition there isn't as rough as malaysia... u can accidently drift with a car with 276hp... so that little buddy is ur car? i respect ppl modified old schools... so why is it 1.3? y not getting 4AGE? it's reliable in a KE70... there r many nice KE70 in my hometown, kk, sabah... well... i'm going back this weekend... try to catch some pics for u alright? ciaoz man

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
bro

i was in KK for 3 years... lotsa old skool toyotas there. anyway, suspension parts... well.. i can tell u some tricks here and there... i'll PM u later... gotta go now!

alan_fung

Known Member
Jun 3, 2005
Subang Jaya
topui11 said:
bro

i was in KK for 3 years... lotsa old skool toyotas there. anyway, suspension parts... well.. i can tell u some tricks here and there... i'll PM u later... gotta go now!

thanks bro...

wow u were in kk for 3 years? what were u doing there? working? yes there r many old school toyotas there... so if anyone wants to get a good condition old school toyota like AE86, 84 - 85 celica supra, and etc... try to find it in, kk, sabah... shipping fees won't cost u much...

topui11 'chin bui', really need ur help man... there r many other questions i would like to ask man... well... as i am new here... i dun even know how to pm... let's see how i get ur pm... then i will figure it out myself la... :)

alan_fung

Known Member
Jun 3, 2005
Subang Jaya
e39a said:
post pics of ur monster, dude....

cheers

neh not yet a monster bro... i will post it within next week... going back to sabah tomorrow... will take some pics...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hai i am very new here... 1st i wan to say hai... 2nd i have a few question hope all the sifu out there can help me out!!! thanks in advance!!!

my question is i am drivin a putra bout 2 years already so bout 5 month back i decided to mod my baby...

when to the workshop and this is wat i did to my engine pnp, over size 1.8 piston,j5 ecu,metal casket, system,rsm meter, rpw valve springs 288 high cams, stnd filter(ha ha ha), i fine standard better!!,2.2 straight flow pipe!! so my...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience